Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2020, 15:14   #1

Finally boarded a flight called Team-BHP!

"Team-BHP Membership APPROVED!"
The most coveted words you'll read in your mailbox!
I feel elated like a child as I write my first post.

To begin with, I'm a SW developer in the field of embedded electronics specializing in automotive domain, having an automotive background with my father working for TATA Motors and my uncles for Mahindra.
Cars have been a passion since childhood. A petrolhead friend of mine introduced Team-BHP to me. And since then I’ve been a regular “visitor” here. But no more!
In fact, earlier it used to feel like a mere spectator staring through a glass door, at your friends who are busy partying inside
Finally, it feels home!
Let me take a moment to appreciate this forum and give credit to where its rightfully due.
What I like here is:
1. Honesty in reviews – I blindly recommend this forum to anyone buying a car/bike.
2. In depth review – I love it when while reviewing, the reviewers find even a rust on the head of a nut/screw!
3. Decency of team members – A rarity in today's age of crassness.
4. Authenticity of facts presented.
5. Wide range of topics discussed, from technical to philosophical.
6. Diversity of team members in terms of profession, geographical location, age!
7. Travelogues with all necessary information – I've planned my travels after reading travelogues here. In fact, I feel confident to visit any place as long as it appears here.
8. Articulate, clean, humorous articles written by members – On many a days I come here to quench my thirst for a good read. Some travelogues are so well written, it feels as if we're travelling along.
9. Strict discipline – I've seen disciplinary notes by mods whenever/wherever any member went off course. A necessary action to maintain high standards. It reminds of school days. Moreover, it adds a human touch in today’s age of automated replies and artificial intelligence.
10. Real social media – Nowadays, social media is anti-social. While, it was conceived for people from various walks of life, different places around the globe to have a dialogue, share ideas, come together. Today, IMHO it stands for what is exactly opposite. But not here. To me Team-BHP is a real social media where only good-mannered educated people have a discussion on almost any topic under the Sun.
I remember, during Covid-19 pandemic, in the month of May, a Dr. BHPian from London got infected with it and he posted a first-person day to day account from his diagnosis to his recovery. It was a refreshing article to read, when media (including social) was painting gloom and doom everywhere.

These are to name a few that come to my mind as I write.

As I begin my journey here, I look forward to adding value and to forge bonds with fellow BHPians that last for a lifetime. (Psst, sounds like Toyota engine!)

Keep Revvin’,
i@M.S.K

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th June 2020 at 14:01. Reason: Welcome aboard! No need to put "." on each blank line :)
i@M.S.K is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 10:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally boarded a flight called Team-BHP!

Welcome to the forum i@M.S.K. Glad to have you here. Yes, Team-BHP is what it is thanks to the strict rules.

Quote:
To begin with, I'm a SW developer in the field of embedded electronics specializing in automotive domain, having an automotive background with my father working for TATA Motors and my uncles for Mahindra.
I am sure you will have loads to contribute in relevant threads. Looking forward to read your posts.

Also, tell us what cars and bikes you have at home and post pictures of them here. Why not write an ownership review of the vehicles?
ChiragM is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 19:30   #3

Re: Finally boarded a flight called Team-BHP!

Thanks ChiragM for bringing this to my notice. I'd definitely love to contribute as much as I can.

Well, in my excitement to write my 1st post, I forgot to mention…

My family owns, a TATA Zest XT (petrol), TVS Jupiter, TVS Victor GL (2002 version).

1. TATA Zest: Mostly used for weekend getaways, occasional long trips. It’s an able car to seat my family comfortably and drive them around safely. GNCAP rating 4, gives peace of mind. Spacious enough for 4 adults along with luggage. It has three driving modes: Eco, City, Power. As name suggests City mode is suitable for city traffic. Eco is good for fuel efficiency on a highway. However, it feels underpowered on highways when driven in either Eco or City modes. Power mode gives you decent speeds and makes overtaking easier especially in ghats but makes you conscious of petrol bunks along the way.

2. TVS Jupiter: Used for daily errands. Does everything what it was meant to do.

3. TVS Victor (2002): I’ve grown up with this bike. Its been with us since August 2002. Have fond memories with it. Even now it’s in stock condition (touchwood) including both rear mirrors except indicators and headlight bulb. Well I guess in the logjams of traffic we face every day; indicators are the first ones to give way. Headlight bulb was changed as it became dim over the years. Otherwise, this bike has been quite a workhorse taking all the bruises we (especially me) could throw at it, in its stride. Since last year, its mostly used by me for office commutes and otherwise and has become my primary means of transport in city. Though the bike is frugal in nature, with wider roads (although pothole laden) and longer commutes, it feels underpowered. But, due to emotional attachment, don’t want to part ways with it. (I don’t know how many more years for it to be called a classic.)
Although the itch to upgrade, grows stronger.

Looking at TVS Apache 200RTR, Hero Xpulse, RE Himalayan as options. Any suggestions?
Looking forward to jam with you all on different topics, online/offline, meets/trips.

Till then,
Keep Revvin’ (safely),
i@M.S.K

Last edited by Sheel : 1st July 2020 at 19:45. Reason: Spacing out your paragraphs for better readability.
i@M.S.K is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks