Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2020, 19:27   #1
BHPian

Hello world

Hey Everyone,

I am a 30-something automotive enthusiast from Gurgaon - currently working in Hyderabad.

I work for a EU based startup that is into communication (VoIP, AI, etc). I pass my time by tinkering around with the Raspberry Pi or reading books (usually English fiction).

I love going on rides on my Bullet, but ever since the lockdown started I've decided to learn how to maintain it myself. I've started by doing minor maintenance jobs such as brake fluid change, disc caliper cleaning, engine oil change, etc for now.

I've been following discussions on TeamBHP for a few years now - the modifications & accessories and motorcycle sub-forums are my favorite hangouts.

The wonderful advise & feedback posted by members has helped me make many purchase decisions. I wanted to join up and share whatever limited knowledge I have in the hope that it may one day help someone as well.

Cheers,
Joe
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 13:09   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello world

Hey JoeTheWanderer,

Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheWanderer View Post
ever since the lockdown started I've decided to learn how to maintain it myself. I've started by doing minor maintenance jobs such as brake fluid change, disc caliper cleaning, engine oil change, etc for now.
This is great, and the better you understand how your bike works (and what goes wrong) - the more connected you'll feel when riding. You'll relate to the behaviour and the sounds a lot better because you'll have a better understanding of what's happening.

Since you're interested in RPi, these threads might pique your interest:

1 (Review: Raspberry Pi, the $5 computer)
2 (My Home Automation with 75+ devices - From Domoticz to Home Assistant)
3 (Quarantine DIY: 24x7 Surveillance System for your Garage with Raspberry-Pi)
4 (DIY: Smart Home Water Irrigation System)
5 (DIY: Radar System for Garage)
6 (Home automation Thread)

See you around,
R
Rehaan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 01:04   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hey JoeTheWanderer,

Welcome aboard!
Thanks! :-)

Those are some interesting Rpi threads. People have done some amazing stuff with this tiny little thing.

I'm currently using my Rpi as a mini home server. It is connected to a speaker and starts my mornings with some tunes (a perl script added to cron that picks the playlist of the day from a sqlite db).
I know there are probably millions of better apps available for this but the thrill of using something you've built is just different.

It also checks my internet speed hourly and notifies me if it falls below 10Mbit/s during the day.

I've been thinking of adding the Rpi to my Bullet 500 - just a bunch weird ideas in my head at the moment (something involving an accelerometer/gyro perhaps).
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 23:28   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I know there are probably millions of better apps available for this but the thrill of using something you've built is just different.
Absolutely!

Plus the fact that you can code in that 1 obscure feature you want, which nothing else out there offers.

Quote:
It also checks my internet speed hourly and notifies me if it falls below 10Mbit/s during the day.
Sweet. I've always wanted to set up something like this, however, I'd probably set it up to ping every minute and graph that out.

Have you seen the app "Blynk"? It's amazing.
Rehaan is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks