Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2020, 20:13   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHP

I am Mohit from Chandigarh, 36 years old and an engineer by education.I work in the research analytics field and currently living in Gurgaon due to work.

I came to know about Team-BHP in 2006 and it all happened by chance. I still remember that I was searching for some information on the Paris-Dakar Rallye, not sure how I stumbled upon Team-BHP and it all started on that day. My interest in cars made me a fan of Team-Bhp and as I kept participating in all the forums as a reader who is not a member, my interest grew into passion and sometimes its borderline obsession.

My interests are dependent on seasons! In winters it is more of off-roading, Trail riding, Cycling and in summers it is more of trekking and Photography.

Since 2008, I have owned all iterations of Tata Safari(4X2s and 4X4s)and briefly had a chance to drive a Mahindra Thar as a city commuter. Currently,my daily drive is an ageing, but very reliable 2012 Tata Safari Storme and a Triumph Tiger 800XCX. I love both of them and can spend any amount of time with them not only driving/riding them, but also cleaning and buying accessories for both. I think this lockdown due to Covid has contributed to a lot of impulse accessory purchases from Amazon and I am loving it. My dream vehicle is a Land Cruiser 200 series and I wish to buy one as soon as I have enough moolah and space.

Cheers,
Slushmaster

Last edited by ampere : 3rd August 2020 at 20:55. Reason: fixed typos
Slushmaster is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 19:45   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Hello Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushmaster View Post
my interest grew into passion and sometimes its borderline obsession.
Oh Oh! Though I see you're currently offline, which is a reassuring sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushmaster View Post
My interests are dependent on seasons! In winters it is more of off-roading, Trail riding, Cycling and in summers it is more of trekking and Photography.
That's an interesting approach. I guess it's more standard in places where the seasons are drastically different, but not so much in India.

Though I think your username gives away what your favourite activity is.

Glad to have you with us.

Cheers,
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 22:06   #3
BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHP

Hi Rehaan, Thanks for the welcome post!

NCR is like two different places in summers and winters. We see extreme temperatures here in both seasons and force us to pick interests accordingly. I think bike riding takes the most hit in summers as in traffic or in slow paced offroading, the big block of adventure bikes are like ship chimneys throwing extreme heat. And like all the smart bikers(read safety cautious) jackets, gloves and helmets add to the heat. So, not a pleasant interest to pursue in summers. Same is the case with cycling, either you start your day very early or just sleep out your weekends.

Fortunately, we have forests, sand dunes and snow capped mountains within 500 KMs of NCR and can practice the luxury of choice. I hope to share my experiences with all in the form of travelogues and tell people about my beautiful country.

Really excited to be a part of this group!

Cheers,
Slushmaster
Slushmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed