Team-BHP - This is a cool place to be
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   This is a cool place to be (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/22554-cool-place.html)

I came across the Team BHP site while browsing for auto mods.

I live in Bangalore and manage software development for a living - I have been into software before the word 'software' was coined circa 1984! I have managed development of software for engine management and fuel injection (diesel & petrol), ABS, Airbags and many more automotive applications.

For me automobiles have been a passion since childhood - perhaps the lure of the unattainable in those days - and the passion burns brighter year after year. I have driven all kinds of cars - from a cute little Fiat 500 to a humongous Mack truck - on 3 continents. I have owned a few: Amby, 800, Zen, VW Golf, Esteem, Santro, Accent GTX Tornado, and I am getting a Safari next week. The fastest I have driven was 220Kmph (on an Autobahn, of course) till my wife pointed out cruising at 140 was definitely a safer option.

There seems to be a lot to learn from fellow T-Bhpians, though no one seems to talk about mod'ing Accent GTX (Is it already a super performer? Or is it that only boring managers drive it?). I look forward to sharing thoughts with and learning from T-BHP denizens.

Welcome to TBHP. We would like te hear your experiences on those software development.

Regarding mod'ing Accent GTX, suggest go through the forum. Use search function. You may get more than what you're looking for.

Hey welcome to the forum,

Im expecting my safari this week too. Regarding the Accent, my other car was the Accent CRDi. Most tuners don't bother with the accent due to various reasons. I for one think its a great car....modded or not.

Drifter

Welcome aboard.
Very neat handle - your experience can be gauged from your handle!
All you lucky people getting your new Safaris - congratulations on a good choice.

hi there welcome aboard,and about modding accent, do post pics of it if you starting to do it,suggestions are always ready to be dumped here, be free to ask.

Quote:

I have managed development of software for engine management and fuel injection (diesel & petrol), ABS, Airbags and many more automotive applications.
Oh boy, Just wait till you receive inquiries of modifying software to increase revv limits, fuel mapping etc. And I sincerely hope you will share your automotive experiences with us.

Welcome to the Team-BHP.

Welcome DerAlte , what would you think is the next big thing after software , will itself get bigger or something else ?
One more to bangalore petroheads . Will be looking forward to your gyan and vigyan .

Welcome DerAlte ... Another fellow Bangalorean and future Safari Owner joins the club..

Godfather

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay.
Welcome to TBHP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 398151)
I live in Bangalore and manage software development for a living - I have been into software before the word 'software' was coined circa 1984! I have managed development of software for engine management and fuel injection (diesel & petrol), ABS, Airbags and many more automotive applications.

Great to have you on tbhp. Live in Bangalore too, and in software. Unfortunately, the software aint as interesting as the ones you do... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 398151)
There seems to be a lot to learn from fellow T-Bhpians, though no one seems to talk about mod'ing Accent GTX (Is it already a super performer? Or is it that only boring managers drive it?). I look forward to sharing thoughts with and learning from T-BHP denizens.

Had an Accent GLS before, and it was bone stock for the 3 years it was with me. Although I have come across many body mods on accents, have not yet seen anything around with more than a cold air intake/plugs etc. Not even sure there is anybody around who has pulled of a remap of the Accent?

Would be very interested to hear from you about your Car Software experiences, please do drop in for the next Bangalore meet...

Der Alte - it's been a long time since i heard that!
a very good detective serial that aired in Germany during the late '70s / early '80s that was later translated into english as The Old Fox :). i believe it also aired on one of the Doordarshan channels.

welcome to Team-BHP.

...and as i just checked out on imdb - it's still being made!

Welcome aboard.

Well there was the red Accent with the white hood. It was done up to some extent, and there was some talk of a turbo job too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 399367)
Welcome aboard.

Well there was the red Accent with the white hood. It was done up to some extent, and there was some talk of a turbo job too.

It did not go any further than the talking stage...

Godfather