Team-BHP - hey guys, name's john and along with introductions, i have one question
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   hey guys, name's john and along with introductions, i have one question (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/22676-hey-guys-names-john-along-introductions-i-have-one-question.html)

hey team-bhp, my name's john lee and i go to school with Rehaan who by the way, i can totally whoop in gt4.

naw just kidding Rehaan, but yea, i know this may seem out of place, posting this on an automotive forum but i just had to ask:

i'm trying to apply for this grant, where i have a project in mind to travel to China and India. specifically in India, i would like to travel and try to gain more knowledge of how the IT industry is shaping the middle (to upper-middle) class.

if you know anyone or any organization that deals with video production or documentaries or anyone in the IT industry, i would like to know what you think. has the IT industry largely benefitted or are there downsides?

such an out of place question for this forum but i'd appreciate it if you have any thoughts.

thanks guys.

-john

Welcome to the forum John! Well that makes it two from RISD here & if you ever meet a guy with the name Akshat on campus say Hi from my side too!! (He's my younger brother!!)

About the IT question, well we have lots of IT professionals here you should be able to help you I think! And if you're down in India do buzz us, we'll make sure you have some fun here!

Hey John Lee, welcome to TBHP, I know somebody with the Company named 18-till-i-die productions , who are into documentaries, and ad film making... let me know if that could be of any help. Pm me il put in the numbers.

Hey,

Good to see you signed up.

For everyone else - John was asking me if i knew people in the IT industry, and i thought....pretty much everyone from Bangalore on TBHP is in the IT industry, hence pointed him here :p

Thanks for the mention Sohail, thats sparked a connection in my head as well that i will pass on to John.

cya
R

ps - i havent been to Bangalore lately, but it seems that a lot of old time bangloreans are complaining about the sudden explosion of the city and how it isnt what it used to be anymore (due to the IT boom influx?).... little snippits come through in some threads on here about the traffic and roads etc

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnlee (Post 401081)
hey team-bhp, my name's john lee and i go to school with Rehaan who by the way, i can totally whoop in gt4.

naw just kidding Rehaan, but yea, i know this may seem out of place, posting this on an automotive forum but i just had to ask:

i'm trying to apply for this grant, where i have a project in mind to travel to China and India. specifically in India, i would like to travel and try to gain more knowledge of how the IT industry is shaping the middle (to upper-middle) class.

if you know anyone or any organization that deals with video production or documentaries or anyone in the IT industry, i would like to know what you think. has the IT industry largely benefitted or are there downsides?

such an out of place question for this forum but i'd appreciate it if you have any thoughts.

thanks guys.

-john

Hi John

Welcome to the forum. I remember having seen a programme on Discovery on Life of Indian People working in Call Centres. It was kind of similar to what you are looking for. They followed the lifes of a few people and how it changed after their employment.

Another article that comes to my mind is one done by a news publisher in Detroit where it followed lifes of people in China and india. It was on outsourcing not specifically IT but general. ( the web site is Detroit Free Press - www.freep.com - Your local Detroit news source.) you might have to get into the archieves to find it. The article if my memmory is correct came in the last 18 months.

Hope the above helps

if you are planning on bangalore there are lots of members, i can also help from a HR persons angle in the industry.

Cheers
Jaggu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 403975)

Thanks for the mention Sohail, thats sparked a connection in my head as well that i will pass on to John.

Goood rehan, but john is not been seen on the sight, let me know if i could send the number to you and then you could take it forward from there..:)