Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2020, 23:01   #1
BHPian

Namaskara from Bengaluru!

Hello everyone,
Firstly, thank you mods for approving my membership.

I'm Aprameya Bhardwaj, a 22 year old engineering graduate and a true blue petrolhead from Bengaluru. I have been an avid TEAM-BHP fan since 2013, extremely elated to be a part of this forum after multiple entries. I started driving from the legal age of 18 years(the family did not let me drive/ride before), but have been a car enthusiast since my childhood. My toys have been mostly scale-models of cars, right from the cheaper ones available at a nearby bangle store to the expensive die-cast models by Maisto. My mother always keeps telling me how I would go to sleep only after seeing cars on the road. My parents made sure that I had the latest copy of a leading auto magazine every month. I am grateful for the toys that they bought me, both as a kid and an adult.

As I become more internet-literate and found TEAM-BHP, I have stopped buying magazines(except the collector ones) and have been hooked to TEAM-BHP since.

Cars and bikes are my first love, acting is a close second. I am a professional actor with a theatre background. I spend most of my time watching movies and TV shows and making notes out them.My other interests are motor-sports, cricket, Kannada literature,retro-music and learning scripts of languages.

I am a sedate driver and like to enjoy a nice cruise on the highway. I do rev occasionally but thats about it.

My current steeds are:
1.2011 Hyundai Verna 1.6 Petrol(the family car)
2.2016 Royal Enfield Bullet 500(mine)

A mid-size SUV will be joining the garage soon. (Heart says Harrier, budget says Creta/Seltos )

Here is a picture of my Bullet 500 ( I haven't clicked a lot of pictures of my car)
Attached Thumbnails
Namaskara from Bengaluru!-mvimg_20200902_12003302.jpeg  

Babruvahanaaaaa is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 21:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Namaskara from Bengaluru!

Hi Babruvahanaaaaa,

Welcome to Team-BHP!

You have some unique and interesting set of hobbies. To be honest, I love learning scripts of languages too. Been trying to learn the Cyrillic alphabet for quite sometime now.

Looking forward to interacting with you.

Cheers!
TusharK
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 21:24   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babruvahanaaaaa View Post
Hello everyone,
Firstly, thank you mods for approving my membership.

I'm Aprameya Bhardwaj, a of my car)
Hi Babruvahanaaaaa,

Welcome to Teambhp
Anand here from Bangalore, I have a Electra 350
Looking forward for a review of your bullet and Verna.

Thanks

SS80
SS80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 08:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I'm Aprameya Bhardwaj, a 22 year old engineering graduate and a true blue petrolhead from Bengaluru.
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you are more of a fan of Annavare (Dr RajKumar) hence the handle used of a movie by that name.

Enjoy your stay.

BTW for everyone's info - Babruvahana was the son of Arjuna from Mahabharata.
ghodlur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 08:53   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Hi Babruvahanaaaaa,

Welcome to Team-BHP!

You have some unique and interesting set of hobbies. To be honest, I love learning scripts of languages too. Been trying to learn the Cyrillic alphabet for quite sometime now.

Looking forward to interacting with you.

Cheers!
TusharK
Thanks for the warm welcome,Tushar.
Right now I'm learning Tamil and Malayalam , next up is Odia and Bengali,will complete the Indic ones first and then start international ones.

Looking forward to interacting with you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
Hi Babruvahanaaaaa,

Welcome to Teambhp
Anand here from Bangalore, I have a Electra 350
Looking forward for a review of your bullet and Verna.

Thanks

SS80
Thank you for the warm welcome, Anand.
Will post reviews and travelogues after the current situation ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you are more of a fan of Annavare (Dr RajKumar) hence the handle used of a movie by that name.

Enjoy your stay.

BTW for everyone's info - Babruvahana was the son of Arjuna from Mahabharata.
Thank you for the warm welcome, Ghodlur.
I am indeed a fan of the legend. Also,the vaahana in babruvaahana definitely belongs here.

Last edited by Samurai : 24th September 2020 at 10:10.
Babruvahanaaaaa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 10:17   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm Aprameya Bhardwaj, a 22 year old engineering graduate ..... I am a professional actor with a theatre background.
Ahem, I guess it mandatory for any Kannada guy to get a engineering or business degree before venturing into non-traditional professionals. Otherwise parents won't approve. Reminds me of Anil Kumble, Javagal Srinath, Rahul Dravid, Ramesh Aravind, etc.

My son just turned 20 and he has no interest in driving, hasn't bothered to learn either, despite exposure to many cars and even offroading Jeeps while growing up. I wonder how you managed to become a petrol-head.
Samurai is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 09:27   #7
BHPian

Hello! Welcome to TBHP.
What an interesting handle . Of course, reminds me/us of the namesake character from Mahabharata and the movie by the legendary Dr.Rajkumar.

Very nice to see member from field of theater. Certainly adds to the diversity of the forum. Looking forward to some interesting posts and insightful threads from you - both automotive and non-automotive.

Also, very rare choice of hobby/passion regarding learning new scripts - but one that is close to my heart. I am not a native speaker/reader of Kannada. But living in Bengaluru, I've self learned reading Kannada (and Telugu) script to navigate through localities/buses/signboards. I can read to some extent Hangul (Korean) as well. A very easy one to learn.

And finally, your name Aprameya - is again close to my heart. Me and wifey are ardent lovers of RamApremeya Temple at Doddamallur near Channapatna. Though it is more famous for Ambegalu Navaneeta Krishna and the Purandaradasa Krithi "Jagadodharana Adisidale Yashode".
srvm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 21:36   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Ahem, I guess it mandatory for any Kannada guy to get a engineering or business degree before venturing into non-traditional professionals. Otherwise parents won't approve. Reminds me of Anil Kumble, Javagal Srinath, Rahul Dravid, Ramesh Aravind, etc.

My son just turned 20 and he has no interest in driving, hasn't bothered to learn either, despite exposure to many cars and even offroading Jeeps while growing up. I wonder how you managed to become a petrol-head.
Absolutely right sir! Any non-conventional career options only after double degree is the rule in my house too. The men you mentioned have always motivated me to achieve .

My affinity towards vehicles has been there from a very tender age, so I guess that itself has evolved and made me into a petrolhead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Hello! Welcome to TBHP.
What an interesting handle . Of course, reminds me/us of the namesake character from Mahabharata and the movie by the legendary Dr.Rajkumar.

Very nice to see member from field of theater. Certainly adds to the diversity of the forum. Looking forward to some interesting posts and insightful threads from you - both automotive and non-automotive.

Also, very rare choice of hobby/passion regarding learning new scripts - but one that is close to my heart. I am not a native speaker/reader of Kannada. But living in Bengaluru, I've self learned reading Kannada (and Telugu) script to navigate through localities/buses/signboards. I can read to some extent Hangul (Korean) as well. A very easy one to learn.

And finally, your name Aprameya - is again close to my heart. Me and wifey are ardent lovers of RamApremeya Temple at Doddamallur near Channapatna. Though it is more famous for Ambegalu Navaneeta Krishna and the Purandaradasa Krithi "Jagadodharana Adisidale Yashode".
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Babruvaahana is my standard handle across all social media. The dialogue between Arjuna and babruvaahana (yaaru tiliyaru..) made me an instant fan.

Will definitely post more of my theatre works when we are given permission to perform again. We are eagerly waiting for the day.

Being in theatre I'm exposed to a lot of stuff, linguistics is one of them,hence the interest to learn more scripts.

My parents actually named me after the Ramaprameya Swamy temple and it was finalized before my birth.
Babruvahanaaaaa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 22:48   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Hello! Welcome to TBHP.
Most people fail to realize that the place got its name from the river which flows nearby and 98% of the visitors never visit the temple town it is actually known for! It is the Nadi Narasimha temple which is on the other side of the highway. Pls check it out next time.

P.S : Maralu + ooru = Maralooru which is now known as Malooru
Simha.k is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks