Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2020, 10:44   #1
BHPian

Pioneer NB: One word which had an impact in my life

There was a time when almost all cars in India had Pioneer music systems(Pioneer was like the Bose equivalent in small towns and villages ), I as a kid was so absorbed by the word that I searched its meaning and from then it has become my favorite word.

I love the word "pioneer" it connects to me in so many levels: be exploring places, trying our weird food. I am one person who loves my company and love to travel alone(after marriage this has become a herculean task to get approval).

I am fond of being in nature, give me a seat in front of a few wild animals(prefer natural habitat than zoo) and I will not move an inch for hours.
I also love to drive/ride, I am known to take my car/bike out without a destination in mind only to go around the city in circles and come back home

I read a line in some thread in this forum around 2011/2010 (was planning to buy a bike): "Rather than buying a car for 5 Lakh, buy a 4 Lakh one and spend 1 Lakh on fuel" this is the mantra I live by even today.

About me: A white collar employee living in Pune, edging towards his thirties.
My Garage:
Celerio VXI Auto(2015)[Preowned: purchased in Feb 2020, with all the tips and checklist I got from this forum]
Jupiter (2018)
Avenger Street 220(2018)

Past Rides:
Activa
Suzuki GS 150(i miss this, one of the best bikes in Indian market)

Last edited by PioneerNB : 23rd October 2020 at 10:57. Reason: misspell
PioneerNB is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 15:57   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Pioneer NB: One word which had an impact in my life

Hi,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerNB View Post
There was a time when almost all cars in India had Pioneer music systems(Pioneer was like the Bose equivalent in small towns and villages ),
I remember those times very well. Everyone wanted a Pioneer audio system in his / her car. It was a must have accessory.

Quote:
I am one person who loves my company and love to travel alone(after marriage this has become a herculean task to get approval).
Other than work related trips, I've not travelled without my better half since I got married. No chance of getting an approval for travelling solo.

Quote:
I am fond of being in nature, give me a seat in front of a few wild animals(prefer natural habitat than zoo) and I will not move an inch for hours.
Lots of wildlife lovers here, including me. Do go through the Travelogues section. You'll come across many interesting threads.

Quote:
I also love to drive/ride, I am known to take my car/bike out without a destination in mind only to go around the city in circles and come back home
I used to do this many years ago. Now however, driving in the city is more of a pain. Almost every road has been dug up for some work or the other and the traffic and unruly drivers can drive anyone up the wall.

[/quote]My Garage:
Celerio VXI Auto(2015)[Preowned: purchased in Feb 2020, with all the tips and checklist I got from this forum]
Jupiter (2018)
Avenger Street 220(2018)

Past Rides:
Activa
Suzuki GS 150(i miss this, one of the best bikes in Indian market)[/quote]

We'd love to read detailed ownership reviews from you.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 13:28   #3
BHPian

Re: Pioneer NB: One word which had an impact in my life

Thanks Aditya.

I keep reading the travelogues and almost all content on a regular basis, would love to provide content(ownership review to travelogues) for the forum in the coming times.
Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks