Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2020, 21:24   #1
BHPian

The Eagle has landed from Bangalore!

Hello petrolheads
After hovering and hovering for years watching, reading and learning from high above, finally the eagle has landed on this forum. Thank you for having me.
My first attempt at joining the forum was rejected around a decade back, opened the membership forms couple of times over two to three years time after that, looked at the form appreciated it and promptly closed the window. Yes, Lazy is my middle name.

I have been meaning to write this introduction since quite some time but now you know my middle name and would've understood the cause for the delay.

Before I started writing this, I went over the Please read this before posting an introduction.

It does say that its not required to reveal my name but somehow it has slipped out now. Also the thread suggests we speak about the following things. So lets talk about these:

- Your age (not a must but it helps)
Well, lets not go there.

- What do you do?
I will let you guys know when I understand this myself.

- How did you hear about Team-BHP?
Its been so long, honestly I don't remember.

- Your current interests (within the automotive field and out of it)
Well, I read a lot, write a little. Absolutely in love with Urdu poetry (shaayari) Ghalib, Faraz, Zauq are favourite ones. I also have an ear for a wide spectrum of music, right from Black Sabbath to Begum Akhtar. Also into ethical hacking, digital forensics etc ..you get the picture, right ?

- Cars you have previously owned, currently own or wish to own
After I learned driving from the driving school, polished my driving on brother's 800, that was the first car in our family. I have always tried to buy driver oriented cars, popularity of cars, perception, FE - Never cared out it. The one and only criteria when buying cars was - How well it drives? Does it bring a smile to your face? All the hardwork you have put in to earn the money to buy was worth it?

My first car - Fiat Punto Multijet. This was a new car.

The Eagle has landed from Bangalore!-img_3811_original.jpg

I loved it, still love it. The way it behaves on highways. Let it go after 1,00,000 kms and 6 years.

The Eagle has landed from Bangalore!-img_6259_original.jpg
Parting shot on the day it was let go.

Always wanted an upgrade from my previous car. To upgrade my Punto, the most logical route was lateral upgrade. Went Civic hunting but in Bangalore all Civics were either totally abused, or made of gold. During this hunt came across an ad on Olx and I saw this:

The Eagle has landed from Bangalore!-img_4104.png
It was 5 years old baby when I got it home with 52k on the odometer, draped in Stanley seats. How could I refuse it?

Sold it after owning it for 2 years when the odo was 80k.

The Eagle has landed from Bangalore!-img_1523_original-2.jpg
Parting shot on the day it was let go.

Now since me and wifey had decided that every change has to be an upgrade, it was an uphill task upgrading it from Fiesta.
Then lady luck smiled on me from the Olx page and I saw a german beauty with a budget within my range.

The Eagle has landed from Bangalore!-img_4107.jpg

It was a 2012 model with 1,08,000 kms on odo and a broken flywheeel. Discounted 40k for replacement of the flywheel from the negotiated price and brought her home.
This has been my ride till day with odo reading 1,30,000 kms and as good as new. God please help me when I decide to upgrade from here.

Well, thats all about me. Again, thank you for having me here. Lets keep talking.
casnov is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 06:59   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Eagle has landed from Bangalore!

Welcome to Team-BHP! Nice to have yet another "pre-worshipped car" fan join the club. And I love your taste in cars - the Punto, Fiesta & Jetta are all fun to drive.

Quote:
God please help me when I decide to upgrade from here.
True, true. Upgrading from a Jetta is very difficult as the C / 3 / A4 don't offer that much more, frankly. If at all, you have to skip a segment and straight go to the E / 5 / A6 segment. Although I do see a lot of Jetta owners going with the 3-Series.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks