Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2020, 16:11   #1
BHPian

FluidicJoy is finally a BHPian!

It's quite a happy moment for me to finally have an approved Team-BHP Membership! My friends and immediate family call me Joy, but I'm not a Bengali as the name suggests.

I'm an engineering student in a family of doctors and I'm presently in my final year of college, pursuing a B.Tech in Metallurgy and Materials Science from Govt. College of Engineering Pune (COEP).

My love for cars started to accelerate when I got my license 4 years years ago when I drove our Hyundai i10 for the first time! Since the i10 was 9 years old, beaten around town by my mother and sister and had no airbags and ABS, we were on the lookout for another suitable car to replace the i10 and eventually a Grand i10 Automatic came home.

It was this car, which sparked the fire to learn more about machines since this car ran into a serious of transmission complaints which Hyundai was having trouble solving. Over the years, thanks to a lot of good friends and fellow car enthusiasts, I have been upgrading my knowledge and I'm happy to share that this passion has helped me learn how to service, diagnose and fix common issues and perform OEM retrofits on my own vehicles. I believe I'm a passionate German head but I love all cars alike!

My family has been an early adopter of automatic transmissions since my father had his first tryst with them in the United Kingdom and because of that, I've been lucky to have extensively tried out quite a number of different automatic transmissions. Here is a list of the rides we've had in the last many years :-
  • Tata Indica - SOLD
  • Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R - SOLD
  • Honda City (G) CVT - Dolphin Shape - 2004-2009
  • Hyundai Grand i10 Sportz Automatic - Kappa Petrol - 4 Speed AT - 2008-2017 - SOLD
  • Volkswagen Jetta MK5 1.9 TDI DSG - 2009 to Present
  • Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Preowned - 2016-2019 - SOLD
  • Hyundai Grand i10 Sportz Automatic - 2017 to Present
  • Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire Petrol Automatic - 2012 to 2020 - SOLD
  • Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0 TDI DSG - 2019 to Present
  • Polo 6R 2021 1.0 TSI 6 Speed Torque Converter - 2020 to Present

Sharing a few photos of my favourite rides :-
FluidicJoy is finally a BHPian!-img_20190602_131506smalledit.jpg
FluidicJoy is finally a BHPian!-tiguanedit.jpg
FluidicJoy is finally a BHPian!-polou1.jpg

Interests :-
I have a lot of interest in the technical aspects of vehicles, parts design, servicing etc. and end up spending a lot of my time on scan tools like VCDS, ODIS etc. I also make love making YouTube videos (handle was previously fluidicjoy) on new gadgets, car servicing and even my treks and travels in the Himalayas. I also have a special interest in retrofits and will strive to document my findings on my ownerships threads in the near future.

Thanks for having me aboard!
fluidicjoy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 17:55   #2
BHPian

re: FluidicJoy is finally a BHPian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
  • Tata Indica - SOLD
  • Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R - SOLD
  • Honda City (G) CVT - Dolphin Shape - 2004-2009
  • Hyundai Grand i10 Sportz Automatic - Kappa Petrol - 4 Speed AT - 2008-2017 - SOLD
  • Volkswagen Jetta MK5 1.9 TDI DSG - 2009 to Present
  • Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Preowned - 2016-2019 - SOLD
  • Hyundai Grand i10 Sportz Automatic - 2017 to Present
  • Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire Petrol Automatic - 2012 to 2020 - SOLD
  • Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0 TDI DSG - 2019 to Present
  • Polo 6R 2021 1.0 TSI 6 Speed Torque Converter - 2020 to Present

Sharing a few photos of my favourite rides :-
Attachment 2074951
Attachment 2074952
Attachment 2074944
That's quite a list of cars you have. Welcome onboard!
sarfraz1997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 18:29   #3
BHPian

re: FluidicJoy is finally a BHPian!

Sujoy! Buddy!! I watched your Tiguan video when I was taking a look at the car. Man you have some amazing content. Do link your Youtube channel man!

Great to see you here!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed