Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2020, 11:26   #1

Greetings from Hyderabad

Greetings,

Thanks Team BHP!
Thanks to all the members of this forum. This forum has been my guide to understand and know about cars, trips, services etc.

I need to thank all who had provided lot of insights and suggestions which has definitely helped me to take decisions regarding purchase, resale, insurance and service of vehicles.

I am glad that I could finally become a member of this group.

I am basically from Chennai living in Hyderabad for the past 17 years. Things were all fine until of course recent Hyderabad floods caused havoc to my Jeep compass and my cherished Santro. Not until recently I started exploring the Indian roads and highways with my Jeep. At the moment I am trying to salvage my Jeep Compass so that I can hit the roads again!!!

Cheers

Last edited by Aditya : 9th November 2020 at 21:25. Reason: Capitalisation of letters, typo
ChidSrini75 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 11:19   #2
BHPian

Re: Greetings from Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChidSrini75 View Post
Greetings,

I am basically from Chennai living in Hyderabad for the past 17 years. Things were all fine until of course recent Hyderabad floods caused havoc to my Jeep compass and my cherished Santro. Not until recently I started exploring the Indian roads and highways with my Jeep. At the moment I am trying salvage my jeep compass so that I can hits the roads again!!!

Cheers
Hi, Welcome to the forum. Sad to know your Jeep and Santro were hit by floods. Did flood water enter the engine of both your cars? How are you dealing with it now? Hope the service personnel at Authorized service centers are competent enough to take care of your cars.
WhiteSierra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 23:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi ChidSrini75,

Welcome to Team-BHP!

Sorry hear that your cars were damaged by the floods. I hope you will be able to salvage them.

Cheers!
TusharK
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 11:49   #4

Thanks. For jeep after a lot of discussions with the service center and insurance team, they have given an estimate for 9 lakhs. (they originally gave a estimation for 26 lakhs). The revised estimate is being reviewed by the insurance team and hopefully by this weekend I will get to know how much the insurance is going to approve (mine is a zero dep policy). The engine is safe for both my cars. In regards to Santro I have give it to a private workshop. It is being repaired now.
ChidSrini75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 10:17   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Greetings,

Thanks Team BHP!
Thanks to all the members of this forum. This forum has been my guide to understand and know about cars, trips, services etc.

I need to thank all who had provided lot of insights and suggestions which has definitely helped me to take decisions regarding purchase, resale, insurance and service of vehicles.

I am glad that I could finally become a member of this group.

I am basically from Chennai living in Hyderabad for the past 17 years. Things were all fine until of course recent Hyderabad floods caused havoc to my Jeep compass and my cherished Santro. Not until recently I started exploring the Indian roads and highways with my Jeep. At the moment I am trying to salvage my Jeep Compass so that I can hit the roads again!!!

Cheers
A warm welcome to the esteemed forum. Sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident. You'll come out of it soon. BTW, which part of hyderabad you live in?
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 10:38   #6

Thanks for the wishes. I live in Mayuri Marg, Begumpet, Hyderabad
Old 10th November 2020, 11:05   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the wishes. I live in Mayuri Marg, Begumpet, Hyderabad
Welcome to the forum. Have a great stay!

Any estimate for the repairs regarding Santro? Where have you given it for repair?

Are the damaged related to electricals only on both the cars?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 15:08   #8

I have got an estimate for approximately Rs.50,000/- for repairing my Santro car. I have given it to 'Four Stroke Motors' in Himayat Nagar, Hyderabad. For both my cars, it is the electrical parts that are damaged.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks