Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2020, 08:27   #1
BHPian

Got my pass to India’s automotive oasis

Hi All,

I’m very excited to introduce myself to this forum. First off, I’d like to thank our Moderators for approving my membership and for making Team-BHP a great place for us car guys over the years. Team-BHP’s amazing community and high standards of quality are what attracted me to this forum.

Let me introduce myself: I am a 14y.o. student from Mumbai (Possibly the youngest on the forum now? Please correct if I am wrong). I am a real car enthusiast. When I was a kid and we lived in the US, I would correctly name every car that would pass by. Yeah, that time I was only 3! I would also collect scale models then, and had this red coloured Shelby 1 Series convertible and a Chevy Silverado truck. Cars fascinated me, and still continue to do so.

Now that I am in India; scale models are expensive and rare. But my interest in cars has grown deeper as I grew. Now I watch F1 (Hamilton Fanboy) read up about cars, watch Doug DeMuro (my favourite too!). I want to learn more about cars, not just have superficial knowledge. That’s another reason I joined this forum. Anyway, my favourite car movie is Ford vs Ferrari (second to the Cars Pixar Franchise minus cars 3) and my latest read was Adrian Newey’s How to Build a Car. I would recommend every car guy to read it. Will try and post a review in the Books section sometime. I also love travelling and road trips. So yeah, you can expect some travels

Currently we own a 2010 Toyota Innova 2.5 V, and I could tell lots more on it, but let me save that for a long ownership review. We have been owning mostly Japanese cars, which is why I have a soft corner for them; that explains my username.

Trivia: I got my Team-BHP membership approved on the day of Diwali and children’s day. Boy, it was the perfect gift for me that day! Adding more to this membership topic, when I filled the Team-BHP membership form, I said that I have been an avid reader of Team-BHP for about a year or something. I knew it was more, but wasn’t sure and did not want to give false information so stuck with ‘about an year’. However, when I was just exploring forums the other day, I saw that there were four year old forums that I remembered reading!

I always wanted to apply to Team-BHP then, but was too lazy to fill the form. I was just 10 back then and thought that this community was for grown ups and not kids. But now, I have learnt that the only thing that unites BHPians is our love for cars; irrespective of our age. [TEAM-BHP’s strict moderation and rules prohibit abusive language etc, making this a safe community for us too!]

Hope that this forum accepts me irrespective of my age and I get to gain and share knowledge and grow my passion for cars.

Thanks,
EightSix
EightSix is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 08:47   #2
BHPian

re: Got my pass to India’s automotive oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post
Hope that this forum accepts me irrespective of my age and I get to gain and share knowledge and grow my passion for cars.

Thanks,
EightSix
The kind of enthusiasm you've displayed here, I guess we'll gain some knowledge from your (young and growing) perspective. Welcome to the community, EightSix
creative420 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 18:06   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Got my pass to India’s automotive oasis

Welcome EightSix to the forum. Quite exciting to read about your passion for cars and the car facts you've stated. Age is no bar here. Maybe sometime soon we get someone who is really Eight(y)Six years old and also a car guy.

Most of us here have been in love with cars since early childhood that way. It's a love and bonding that only grows and grows with age. Have a jolly good time here.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 13:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Got my pass to India’s automotive oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post
I’m very excited to introduce myself to this forum.
Hey EightSix! Welcome to the forum! It's always good to see a fellow teenager around here. Looks like our interests match quite a lot - Cars, Cycles etc. Will love to meet you sometime in the future.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed