Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2020, 00:55   #1
BHPian

Hello there!

Hey Guys! I have recently joined team-bhp. Nice to meet you all!

Been lurking on and off for years! Remember coming across team-bhp a decade back when I was in college and had moved to India.

Was lurking more past few weeks as I’m soon to pick up a car. Eying the VW Polo Highline. I feel there’s no other car that is satisfying me in that budget.

A bit about me:

Grew up in Dubai, did my high school there. Dreamt of having a mustang when I was 12!

Was also quite a bit into watching FnF (when it was about street racing), looking up mod manufacturers like HKS, Greddy, etc.

I remember my dad putting me in a driving school in India on a summer vacation when I was 15. So I had something to kill time with. I’m pretty sure that trainer was doing the clutching and braking 😅.

Moved to India for University - Pune. Got my first vehicle here in the form of 1st gen FZ 16. Was amazing for its time. Added a K&N for that sound and mild boost in power. Took this bike from Pune - Goa. Pune - Lavasa. Pune - Malshej Ghats.

Returned to Dubai after Uni - passed my 4th driving test for a manual license. I learnt a bit in India in my cousins i10 and swift but getting a license there ain’t easy! Almost picked up a second hand Civic but changed my mind and shortly after quit my job. So was glad I didn’t put myself in a weird financial situation.

Moved after a few years back to India as my field had a lot more opportunities here and Dubai just wasn’t working out, was unemployed a long time. My friend did offer me to drive his mustang before I left. That was a beautiful ride. Don’t have a pic of the car but I did take a pic of me on its steering. Should have taken more pics but anyway. The torque on that thing was insane. Definitely one of the most memorable rides I had.

Now that I’m a adult, wiser and in India I realise how unrealistic the Mustang dream is out here . Definitely doable in Dubai with leasing and EMIs but no chance in India with the customs duties and ridiculous prices. So I’m planning to settle for something I can stretch to afford and something I’ve had my eye on ever since I returned - Polo. I was into the Polo GT but with the DSG gone and Highline MT also having TSI, this seems to be the way to go. Will slap a GT badge on it and call it a dream come true.

TLDR: Chap from Dubai - moved to India a few years back. Lurking around team-bhp for long. Considering picking Polo Highline soon. Something about mustangs has been attracting me to them for decades.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello there!-a6b49b1c35c84052a0117f51fde08bab.jpeg  

PankajKara is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 10:11   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello there!

Welcome Pankaj!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajKara View Post
Now that I’m a adult, wiser and in India I realise how unrealistic the Mustang dream is out here .

Something about mustangs has been attracting me to them for decades.
Me too love the Mustang . Actually, a Mustang can be very practical in India because of its reliability (the car is a daily driver model in the USA), Ford's network and sufficient ground clearance. I drove it around the city and found it to be pretty user-friendly.

Don't worry about the price. They are already trading hands in the pre-worshipped market at 40 odd lakhs. In a year or two, they'll be at 30 lakhs and some change. Maybe an upgrade from your Polo 5 years from now?
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 13:02   #3
BHPian

Re: Hello there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Pankaj!

Actually, a Mustang can be very practical in India because of its reliability (the car is a daily driver model in the USA), Ford's network and sufficient ground clearance. I drove it around the city and found it to be pretty user-friendly

Don't worry about the price. They are already trading hands in the pre-worshipped market at 40 odd lakhs. In a year or two, they'll be at 30 lakhs and some change. Maybe an upgrade from your Polo 5 years from now?
I completely agree. A few friends have stangs as daily drivers in Dubai. I’ve also been in many chargers but they don’t call out to me as much as a stang .

5 years down the line I might give it a thought haha. I just feel like I’m overpaying so much because of them customs duties, but if I’m doing well by then and the prices are affordable for me then why not!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks