Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2020, 03:36   #1
BHPian

A week spent in waiting!

November 16: Revelry Cycles on Youtube, who are in the middle of doing a series of extremely detailed videos on performance enhancements for the Royal Enfield 650 Twins, decided to take a week off. I was beside myself; this video series had been my saving grace every Monday when I had to shrug off the laziness of yet another weekend spent indoors. This was my kickstart for the work week; would I make it through this one without my weekly shot of dopamine?

The days went by and the next Monday rolled around. I kept gnawing on my left thumbnail and rewatched the video on big bore kits, waiting for the one on high lift cams to drop. Day turned into night and there was no new video. Crestfallen at this perceived betrayal from folks halfway around the world who obviously owe me nothing, I turned to Team-BHP and opened CrAzY dRiVeR's unofficial official review of the RE 650s. I was about to click the "Last Page" button when the empty username and password fields caught my eye; I asked myself: why haven't I registered yet?

I figured that while I'm waiting for the new video to arrive, I might as well make the most of my time spent in "anticipation mode". I banged out the answers to the questions and hit the Submit button. And that is when the panic set in; what if I don't make the cut? What if my answers sounded made up? What if I'm rejected and the Revelry Cycles guys decide to take another week before the post the next video? Is this how I meet my end, not with a bang but with a whimper?

Reader, I got in!

As Friday rolled around, I got the email notification. The subject line had "APPROVED" written in all caps; I was ecstatic. The video on high lift cams didn't come out, and the folks behind the series actually posted a note that they are busy editing it and getting it ready for primetime. But I've got a feeling that even if they don't post it in time for me to watch it before I log in to my work laptop on Monday, I'll be alright. I am now, after all, a part of the Team-BHP family. I'll make it through!

The above narration might sound a bit (okay a lot) over the top and dramatic, but that is how I've always been. I'll fall head over heels into some odd topic and that'd be all I'll be able to think about for weeks until I either satisfy myself or get bored; I had once started downloading graduate textbooks on 4-stroke exhaust design because I wanted to understand how the location of crossover tubes in a multi-header system shifted the torque spread. Right now, it's the RE 650 motorcycles which are occupying my brain and I'm kind of getting tired of searching for the same damn keywords on YouTube and Google to see if there's anything new to watch or read.

So that's me! I'm a 25 year old automotive enthusiast, currently based out of Bangalore, and I've been putting pedal to the metal and twisting my wrist since I was 11 (not on public roads obviously). I'm a machine learning engineer by day and trying-to-get-my-WhiteHat-Jr-competitor-off-the-ground by night and I'm glad to be here. Next time, I'll regale you fine folks with the tale of how my blessed father conceded my beloved '03 Hyundai Accent GLS to the sands of time inside our very garage (if you can even call it a garage).

Come say "Hi"

Last edited by BlackPearl : 30th November 2020 at 05:02. Reason: Edited as per rule #11. Thanks.
thebengalee is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 05:08   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: A week spent in waiting!

Interesting introduction thebengalee! Welcome to forum and wish you have a great stay here. Please go through the forum rules when you get a chance -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/annou...e-posting.html

What is the meaning of your handle? Are you a Bengali?
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 10:08   #3
BHPian

Re: A week spent in waiting!

Thanks, BlackPearl. Yes, I am originally from West Bengal but it's been a while since I've been tack there. My handle is essentially the archaic way to write "Bengali", kind of like "shoppe" or "countrie". It's something I'd typed in as a username on some long-forgotten website and it just stuck with me ever since!
thebengalee is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks