Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2007, 00:02   #1

hello from usa

hello to all the car enthusiasts,
my name is johnny from cochin settled in new york. i am glad to see that there are so many car enthusiasts here in india especially for foreign imports. i currently own a merc c240 in new york and also own a merc e220 in cochin. i visit india every year and get excited when i see imports especially while driving in kerala. last month while visiting, i have seen many imports on mg road like a red bmw 325i convertible, numerous mercs and many others. i didnt click any pics since i didnt know there was a website like this. but i am planning to go to kerala next month and i will definitely take more pics. anyway i am glad i joined and you will definitely hear from me again.
Old 11th April 2007, 09:44   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi Rebel, Must be quite a handful to own a Merc in NY, eh? Welcome to Team-BHP.

Please visit the board rules section to familiarise yourself with our board protocol.
Old 11th April 2007, 10:04   #3

hey gto, i see that u have a C class also. did u get it from india or abroad cuz i see u have a sunroof. how much did it cost u on road?
Old 11th April 2007, 22:53   #4

hello again, like i said i am a newbie like the site says lol. i am planning to export a merc s500 from dubai to kerala. does anyone have any experience with duties or rates or advice? i already have a merc e220 in cochin. i plan to sell that off once i get the s500 down to cochin. i have already picked out the merc s500which is a lorinser edition custom made i am sure that heads will turn once i bring it down to Gods own country lol. it is all white with white designo interior. 20" chrome lorinser wheels wth front, rear, and side spoilers as well as trunk and roof spoilers. quad exhaust. it has been lowered 2 inches so i am planning to raise it up for indian roads. i am wonderig if i should just keep it there for my uncle to drive, because it is his car that i am planning to buy, or should i just buy the new indian s class once i come to kerala. the e220 i have now in cochin is old , but it is modified with 18" aftermarket wheels, trunkspoiler and mirror tints all around. you will usually see it around marine drive and the taj in cochin . anyway plz get back to me on that. peace!

Last edited by REBEL : 11th April 2007 at 22:55.
Old 11th April 2007, 23:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

any pics of the 20 inch wheeled merc s500.....and welcome to T-bhp
Old 11th April 2007, 23:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey REBEL, welcome to team-bhp. God's own country is quite unforgiving with the rates of customs duty, cvd etc that you have to shell out. so be warned about this.
cheers
Old 12th April 2007, 00:22   #7

whats up? i had just spoken to my uncle from dubai and he just informed me that my stupid cousin (his son) has sold the 20" and put on the stock rims. he didnt know that i was going to buy the merc from his dad so what the idiot did was ordered another set of 21" carlsson wheels because he thought that his dad was going to give him the merc for his 20th birthday gift. he said he ordered a carlsson 1/16 model rims. i have seen them on a website and they look awesome. he should get them on by next week and then i will send pics. but he is very upset that his dad is planning on selling the s500 to me but i am very happy. but at least i get the car with brand new 21" carlssons on them hahahaha!!!
Old 12th April 2007, 00:30   #8

whats up guys, i spoke to my dumb cousin and he just informed that he also installed side flares for the car. if u guys dont know what they are they look like the side vents on a testarossa. holla fo' a dolla
Old 12th April 2007, 03:48   #9
BHPian

welcome to t-bhp buddy.!

wow....first 20` rims and now 21` .! what will be next 22` ? also side flares ?
PICS Please.!!!!

enjoy your stay.

Last edited by Hellraiser : 12th April 2007 at 03:49.
Old 12th April 2007, 19:44   #10
BHPian

welcome rebel, hope to see u around in ur merc when i visit gods own country next.
Old 12th April 2007, 23:13   #11

hey guys i decided to keep the s500 there in dubai considering the trouble to bring it here like duties especially and also the fact that my cousin is already attached to it. he was telling me all these things he wanted to install, stuff like dvd player, 2 10" subs etc... so i thought let him have it.
so i guess the only thing i have to do now is look for a new car here... ANY SUGESTIONS???? but i only intend on buying a merc from cochin. i think the S class is a bit expensive. but i am looking into it. if not the s class.. def the e class., becuz i already have the c class in new york. how much on road for the s class fully loaded?
Old 12th April 2007, 23:40   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBEL View Post
but i only intend on buying a merc from cochin. i think the S class is a bit expensive. but i am looking into it. if not the s class.. def the e class., becuz i already have the c class in new york. how much on road for the s class fully loaded?
I think 1CR give or take a few lakhs for the S350 OTR. Thats Benetley GTC + S550 money in the US, my friend. IMO, It might make more sense for you to get the E in India and upgrade your C in the States.
Old 12th April 2007, 23:46   #13

well guys here it is . you guys wanted it, now u got it. this is my uncles s500 in dubai which i was going to bring down to kerala, but now decided against it. the only person who will be enJoying this beauty will be my uncles son (my cousin) since he did most of the mods on it already and spent quite alot. i still would not mind getting a used w220 once i reach kerala since thats the chassis i like better. i will decide once i reach kerala next month. ANYWAYS HOW DO U GUYS LIKE THE MERC AFTER ALL?? I FORGOT TO MENTION MY COUSIN ALSO BADGED IT ALL as a S55 AMG. IT IS ACTUALLY A S500. HE BOUGHT THE REAR S55 BUMPER WITH EXHAUST AS A PACKAGE , 2O" AFTERMARKET WHEELS. THIS PIC WAS TAKEN 4 MONTHS AGO. NOW HE HAS 21" RIMS WITH WHITE MIRROR TINTS ALL AROUND WITH SIDE FLARE SPOILERS., ALSO A LORINSER TRUNK SPOILER. HOWW IS IITTTT??

Last edited by REBEL : 13th April 2007 at 00:05.
Old 13th April 2007, 00:19   #14
Senior - BHPian

whats up dude, why not you get a s class here too ? come on man, it is not that expensive, without the mods. give it a try. you can do the mods couple of months after you buy it. take out a loan. live a life, you get me ?
Old 13th April 2007, 01:35   #15

esteem lover, thats true man. live life to the fullest right dude?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed