Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2021, 11:57   #1
BHPian

Reintroducing myself after 12 years!

"Re-Introduce' being key here - I have been a lurker since 2005 and member since 2008. I guess my last post on this forum was some time in 2009.

When I had joined this forum 12 years ago, I had zilch interest in driving. I knew cars inside-out but driving was unknown to me. I had a deep interest in trains (hence the railfan in the username) and Volvo buses (in hindsight, all eleven posts I made on this forum were on the commercial vehicles thread!).

A lot changed in these years. I moved from a railfan to an avid biker. Bought a pre-owned Yamaha Gladiator in 2012 and moved on to a CBR250R ABS in 2013. An unfortunate incident in 2014 made me drive a car for the first time, unsupervised. Finally parenthood brought me to a stage where I owned my first car, a pre-abused Ford Fiesta. Three years later, I upgraded to one of the most under-appreciated cars in India, the S-Cross (facelift). That's my automotive story so far. So here I am, Bijit, celebrating my re-entry into this forum!

The funniest part is, I had entirely forgotten about my membership here and have been unsuccessfully trying to get a membership - and coincidence, coincidence - I realize I had been a member here after I stumble across one of my own posts from 2009!!
railfanwithk750 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 12:29   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Reintroducing myself after 12 years!

Welcome back railfan! S-cross is a very nice car, was travelling over the weekend and noticed a few of them zipping around at high speeds and pretty composed. So I agree with the title "underappreciated" for the car.

Do go through the Announcement sections and rekindle the forum etiquettes, will help you sail smooth.

cheers
Jaggu
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 21:54   #3
BHPian

re: Reintroducing myself after 12 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by railfanwithk750 View Post
The funniest part is, I had entirely forgotten about my membership here and have been unsuccessfully trying to get a membership - and coincidence, coincidence - I realize I had been a member here after I stumble across one of my own posts from 2009!!
This part really cracked me up. Enjoy the 2nd inning on Team-BHP.
Old 22nd January 2021, 00:48   #4
BHPian

Re: Reintroducing myself after 12 years!

Hi.. I am also a new S-cross owner. Maybe we tally our notes sometime.
Welcome.
RaviCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed