Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2021, 20:30   #1
BHPian

Hello Team

Thank you Mods for approving me. I’m extremely excited to join our community!

My name is Ajit and I’ve chosen the name White Aviator after my very first vehicle which I recently had to sell. It was a white Honda Aviator scooter and being my first, I am emotionally attached to it like most of us enthusiasts are to our cars and bikes, so now I shall carry her name as my own to infinity and beyond! I’m 24 years old and a CA Final student. Along with preparing for my exams, I am currently working as a Tax consultant. I love everything related to automobiles, including reading about them, working on them, watching Motorsports, driving/riding on long trips, track days, off road, etc. I have also maintained a showcase of scale models of cars, since I was a kid, check out the photo below.

Hello Team-img_20151114_220538.jpg

Our garage consists of a KTM Duke 250, Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi, Indica V2 Xeta and a Suzuki Access 125.

Hello Team-img_20150725_182748_2.jpg

I would like to add the Royal Enfield Himalayan, TVS Jupiter ZX Disc and some UV or compact SUV like the Nexon or new Safari or new Thar or XL6 or upcoming Taigun to our garage, replacing all the currently owned vehicles. I can’t wait to post on the forum about it once we start the process! But before all that I’m planning to post a long-term ownership review of my Duke. I’ve searched the forum and there isn’t enough content on the Duke 250 which is a very popular bike in the 250cc segment.

Hello Team-img_0478.jpeg

I came to know about Team-BHP at a very young age when a member helped us out when we were stranded. Story time!

Me, my dad and my mom were travelling back to Pune from our vacation in Goa, in our Indica when we decided to stop to take a quick break as we spotted a beautiful flower plantation. On returning back to our car we noticed a flat tyre and proceeded to change it to the spare. We were having a hard time doing it as the wheel nuts were jammed or there was some issue with the jack or something. At this moment, superman arrived on his bike and told my dad to take some rest as he will take it from here. I remember him talking to my dad and mentioning he is a member of something called Team-BHP (I wasn’t aware of the forum at that time).

Making observations about every car on the road has been my source of entertainment since I was a kid so I remembered reading Team-BHP written on some bumper stickers along with “Live to Drive” “Got BHP” etc. and I immediately connected the dots. This member proceeded to swiftly change the wheel, without even breaking a sweat and we were on our way! Young me was afraid when I felt we were stranded in an unknown place with not many people around but was very relieved when we were finally mobile. At that time, I thought to myself, these Team-BHP members seem like some God sent angels who help out people in need and from that day the name of our community remained etched in memory. Unfortunately, me and my father are unable to recall the name of this member as it was a long time back. We tried to find his contact details in my father’s old phone backups for a couple of days since I became a member, as I wanted to mention it, but couldn’t find it and gave up not wanting to further delay my introduction post.

A while back I was reintroduced to our community through a Facebook suggested post and was immediately hooked reading the threads! I was enlightened on so many things such as a proper PDI, selecting a vehicle from the stockyard, buying correct insurance, dealer negotiations, state of various car/bike brands, good/bad service of different brands and proper maintenance of vehicles to name a few. I finally felt I could now contribute to this amazing community by sharing my experiences as well and hence I signed up. The process of registration was lengthy, elaborate and much needed to keep this community purely of enthusiasts. The wait till I got approved made me a bit anxious and nervous, but upon receiving the approval mail I jumped up in joy and punched the air like a kid! I forwarded the mail to my dad and he too was very excited, evident from his reply attached below.

Hello Team-screenshot_20210119182218_gmail.jpg

I feel extremely honoured to be a part of this community and would like to conclude by stating my goals as a member
- To contribute to this community all that I can.
- To follow all the rules, maintain the high standards and try to promote road safety.
- To become a BHPian soon, Senior BHPian in a year and aim to receive an invitation to become a Distinguished BHPian in a time frame of two years.
- To improve my writing skills and communicate better.
- To make a few life-long friends

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st January 2021 at 02:10. Reason: Inserting images inline / redacting email address from screenshot :)
White Aviator is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 02:05   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello Team

What a stonker of an intro man!

Welcome aboard.

I have taken the liberty of inserting your pictures within your intro where appropriate. Do check out post # 2 here for how you can do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Aviator View Post
It was a white Honda Aviator scooter...
This handle works really well. In fact I didn't even make the direct Honda Aviator connection until i read this.

Quote:
I came to know about Team-BHP at a very young age when a member helped us out when we were stranded. Story time!
That's awesome... and one of those stories that makes me feel incredibly proud of the community of BHPians. There are some similar stories here.

Quote:
Unfortunately, me and my father are unable to recall the name of this member as it was a long time back.
Well, in addition to helping people stranded on the road, BHPians are also really good at identifying members by their vehicle. Do you happen to remember what bike this gentleman was riding? And whereabouts this was? Maybe that'll be enough to connect the dots.

Great to have you here, and I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of you around the forum.

Cheers,
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 07:58   #3
BHPian

Re: Hello Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
What a stonker of an intro man!

Welcome aboard.

I have taken the liberty of inserting your pictures within your intro where appropriate. Do check out post # 2 here for how you can do that.

This handle works really well. In fact I didn't even make the direct Honda Aviator connection until i read this.
Thank you so much! Specially for sorting out the images!
I have now gone through how to insert them in the correct place so the next post will be better for sure! Sorry about the rookie mistake and I have also just figured out quoted replies while posting this. I hope I have done it correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
That's awesome... and one of those stories that makes me feel incredibly proud of the community of BHPians. There are some similar stories here.

Well, in addition to helping people stranded on the road, BHPians are also really good at identifying members by their vehicle. Do you happen to remember what bike this gentleman was riding? And whereabouts this was? Maybe that'll be enough to connect the dots.
That's the first thing me and my father tried to do is remember the vehicle. Not just BHPians, I remember everyone by their vehicle. Sometimes I even forget the persons name but recollect what vehicle they had
But this was very long back so we weren't even able to remember if it was a motorcycle or scooter. The only hope remains that we will find his contact in an old backup. We will keep trying and if we do find, I will post it on the Special moments topic. Maybe he will magically find this post and contact me! Would love to say Hi.

Thank you once again R
White Aviator is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks