Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2021, 10:03   #1

Hello!

Hello to everyone here.

I'm a regular IT guy from Bangalore during the week, and moonlight as a coach for a national motorcycle racing team during the weekends.

Though I started very late, I tasted some success in racing, winning a few national podiums. This somehow seems to have inspired my daughter to take up racing. She did quite well in the junior circuit, and is working hard to make a name for herself at the national level.

To cut a long story short, I recently bought a Tata Xenon to be able to ferry her and her motorcycles to the track.

To be honest, I was quite apprehensive about buying a Tata, especially a used one, but the Isuzu V-Cross is out of my reach. I spent a lot of time researching about the Xenon on the web, and as I followed the most promising links, I found myself time and again at Team-BHP. The ownership experience threads helped a lot, and helped me realize the pros and cons. I decided to pickup a used Tata Xenon 4x4.

Lots of information here, and over the next few months I plan to seek advice on how best to customize my truck for my needs.

I'll most likely learn a lot more more than I'll be able to share here, but hopefully I'll learn enough to atleast re-share.

Vehicles I've owned over the years:
  • Premier Padmini
  • Maruti 800
  • Tata Estate
  • Suzuki Shogun
  • RE Bullet 500
  • Yamaha RD 350

Currently own:
  • Chevrolet Spark
  • Tata Xenon XT 4x4
  • Ninja 650
  • KTM RC 390
  • Yamaha R15 v3
  • Yamaha R15 v1

Thanks and cheers!
akrive is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 11:43   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello!

One humble request, please do share more about your experience as a racer, as a coach and as a dad.

Your experience would enrich the forum further. You may share few pictures of your rides.

And I wish all the success to the young lady, she is blessed to have a dad like you. All the very best to you both!
Sheel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 12:55   #3
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

@akrive, other than your regular IT job, the rest isn't regular and in fact very uncommon, thanks for joining us on this forum

Look forward to hearing from you about the experiences on the racing & track front, both yours as well as your daughter's. Wishing her the very best, very glad that the parents are supporting and encouraging her passion, will serve as role models for sure
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 16:25   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Sport racing coach. Hmmm That could be a first on Team BHP. Look forward to your threads & posts.
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 23:54   #5

Thanks for the wishes guys.

Not sure where to start about my experiences-
I bought a Ninja 650 back in 2011, the first batch to be released. I used to be a tourer on my Bullet 500 sometimes and in my Tata Estate other times. I found the Ninja 650 way too powerful for my comfort and was thinking to sell it off, but my wife convinced me to join a riding school to become a better rider instead.

Joined a racing school in 2012, the sole aim being to ride safely, and realized I was pretty good at it. I supposedly was their fastest first time student. Went back to track in 2014 for my second session, and this time got to ride with a few kids prepping for the nationals. Again, I managed to keep up with most of them and even pass a few of them. Fully enthused, I took part in my first ever race, promptly crashing 3 times in my first lap, and then once more in my second lap (must be a record, I swear). Finished the race second last, but to me, it was an achievement.

Went back in 2017 for another shot at racing, and this time, fell in lap1, C1 and broke my wrist.

Went back in 2018, fitter body, calmer mind, and won 4 podiums in 5 races. 3 podiums in FJRS and 1 podium in INMRC. I was 43, and the competition was in their 20s.

My daughter, who used to tag along with me somehow caught the bug, and she started learning how to ride. In 2019, at age 13, she became the first and only girl to participate in the Road to Rookies Cup, won second place fighting with the boys, and was selected to represent India in Spain at the MotoGP Rookies Cup selections.

2020 was a washout year due to Covid, and she's working hard now to make a name for herself in the national circuit. I'm her assistant, driver, and coach, in addition to being her father, and though they don't all mix too well sometimes, we make a good team.

Thanks for asking about my experiences, glad to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Sport racing coach. Hmmm That could be a first on Team BHP. Look forward to your threads & posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
@akrive, other than your regular IT job, the rest isn't regular and in fact very uncommon, thanks for joining us on this forum

Look forward to hearing from you about the experiences on the racing & track front, both yours as well as your daughter's. Wishing her the very best, very glad that the parents are supporting and encouraging her passion, will serve as role models for sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
One humble request, please do share more about your experience as a racer, as a coach and as a dad.

Your experience would enrich the forum further. You may share few pictures of your rides.

And I wish all the success to the young lady, she is blessed to have a dad like you. All the very best to you both!
Glad to share, but hope I did not kill you with the details.

Last edited by bblost : 4th March 2021 at 23:57.
akrive is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 12:13   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrive View Post
Went back in 2018, fitter body, calmer mind, and won 4 podiums in 5 races. 3 podiums in FJRS and 1 podium in INMRC. I was 43, and the competition was in their 20s.

Glad to share, but hope I did not kill you with the details.
That is inspirational. Thanks for sharing your story, I won't mind the longer version too if you can spare some time on a dedicated thread.

Thank You once again .
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks