Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2021, 01:49   #1
BHPian

Hi there from Navi Mumbai!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for accepting me to be part of the group. Appreciate.
I have been reading team-bhp for over 10 years now. My name is Dharmendra and I live in Navi Mumbai, work for an IT company leading a line of business. I have been fascinated my machines since childhood however several commitments and vocation kept me at arms length.

I remember an incident from my engineering college days. Automobile was a small chapter in first year and I had to present to class as an assignment on the functioning of differential. The Professor liked my articulation so well that for the next 3 years he invited me take classes for that particular concept for my junior classes, I was flattered. I've always been fascinated by all machines including automobiles and DIY at home on anything that I can lay my hands on and able to carve out time from work and personal commitments. Being father of two teenaged daughters is not easy and keeps me busy trying to spend some time with them before they may leave house for their higher studies.

I have recently booked Hyundai Tucson Petrol GLS in starry color and expecting the date of delivery soon. Let me hope I get it by end of May to go out with family after kids board examinations.

Listing down the machines I have owned and/or drove so far.

- the first machine I gifted myself was an Yamaha bike, a bottle green color newly launched 4S Model Crux (unable to recollect the exact color name), loved to ride 2S RX100 my uncle owned, however it was not avialable and Yamaha had replaced with RX135 which I did not like for some reasons.
- learnt to ride bike on 175 cc Black Rajdoot my chacha owned, I remember having hurt my feet while learning, with the strong reverse kick it used to give.
- the first I owned was a 2005 model white color Maruti Wagon R Lxi with much advertised four independent aircraft like seats which I sold off in 2010
- must say I learnt driving car in Tata Sumo and Mahindra Armada
- purchased Fiat Linea MJD Emotion Pk in 2010 in Tuscanian Wine color and been driving that till date
- still remember the commentries from family and friends why I did not go for City if I am spending about 11L that time, I was just smitten by the ride quality and tank-like built of Linea and allowed my heart take decision.
- been evaluating cars for the last 5 years (sounds insane though) and was always confused and did not get anything capable or equivalent which I can call it upgrade in 20L something budget over my current Linea.
- We are family of tall members (from 5'5 to 6'1) and wanted to get my next car to have SUV like stance and evaluated several ones before locking Hyundai Tucsan last week.
- had prebooked Citroen however had a feeling that the pricing may be insane, intiated refund I paid in Feb. I was proven right on 7th April when they announed the "introductory price".
- another car we have in garage is Maruti Alto K10 AMT VX, my wife uses it for kids local commutes when I am not around. Her criterion was it has to be small, reliable and no gear changing.

Apart from cars I ride my Schwinn Hybrid Cycle and Trek Domane Roadie and run occassional half marathons to keep myself fit. Have done Mumbai - Pune, Mumbai - Igatpuri etc several trips on my cycle.
I call my bicycle "Gaadi" and it highly upsets my spouse

Look forward to learn from all of you and share my experinces. Thanks for considering me to become part of this team.

Best Regards/Dharmen
Dharmen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 17:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hi there from Navi Mumbai!

Hi Dharmen,

Welcome to the forum. Do share pictures of the cars at home and the vehicles you have owned before. Why not write an ownership review of your current vehicles? The Alto and maybe the upcoming Tucson.

Do check out our cycling thread. A lot of BHPians are passionate cyclists including our Mod Aditya.
ChiragM is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks