Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2021, 16:34   #1

Regards from the North-East

First of all, thank you Team Bhp to let me in on this fraternity!

Have always been busy at your site since the last 8 years from the time I started to drive due to the invaluable members discussion and the knowledge available here.

Learnt to drive on a friends family car and was the person whom each friend used to give the driver seat of their cars only on a secluded street with much sarcasm and jeering splattered with basic driving know how.

Push forward to few years later, each friend would happily give up the driver seat whenever I am around without me even asking.

I hope that I will be able to add value to the forum with special focus on the CV and CE forums.
Drive_30 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 20:40   #2
BHPian

re: Regards from the North-East

Welcome Drive_30 to Team BHP, the best automotive forum of India in my opinion. Looks like we both are from the same location in the North East . Looking forward to your posts on Team BHP, and if time and situation permits, maybe some Team BHP member drives as well in the beautiful region of ours.
TD_GHY is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 22:40   #3

re: Regards from the North-East

Hey TD_GHY, thank you for the warm welcome, North East is only Meghalaya and Arunachal drives explored here, hope we lead orhers to explore the other hidden gems here!

A member drive would in my opinion open up many avenues for travel here for our esteemed members here to explore our cherished homeland!!
Drive_30 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 07:56   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: Regards from the North-East

Welcome to Team-BHP Drive_30.

Of whatever drives I have done, I LOVED the Guwahati to Shillong drive. I can drive on that road for my entire life time and not get bored.

Please show us more of our beautiful North East India whenever time permits. Have a nice stay, see you around .
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 22:56   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Drive_30, it is always good to find someone from the place I love. Enjoy your drives and look forward to your contributions. May be someday we will sit together along with other BHPians from the city and enjoy some lip smacking food along the GS Road or even plan a drive to Nongpoh for a hearty breakfast

See you around,
Regards.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 03:20   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome onboard Drive_30!

As you rightly said, most NE reports are focussed on Arunachal (Tawang etc), Assam or Meghalaya. Would love to see some lesser known places from Nagaland, Mizoram, Tripura etc.

It is such a beautiful, but under represented part of our country.
Old 6th June 2021, 13:08   #7

I own a Kwid rxt past 5 years,now about 15k on the Meter.not one major issue except for minor bruises on all 4 sides.Only 800 cc but pick up and acceleration excellent.
Maintenance easy and low cost.Tires like new still.Never used the display as I think dangerous to look at in Bangalores traffic.
Wish there was a good cd player instead.
Very happy with a cheap but refined car.
Old 20th June 2021, 23:08   #8
BHPian

Greetings from another new member!
Drive_30, I am so happy to see your enthusiasm and hope to drive along with you (and other members) to destinations beyond Shillong & Tawang (which are a common favorite).

That said, I absolutely miss my travel to NE from 2010. Short recap:
Based in Guwahati (my uncle was posted there), self-drive to Shillong & beyond in a gorgeous Esteem. What roads, car and views. Missing it terribly.

Same trip, we visited Sibsagar & Nazira as I lived there as a kid (father was in ONGC). Great memories.

And ofcourse, the epic trip to Tawang (unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to drive. My uncle arranged for a car & driver).

Been making plans for a drive through North East. A recent acquaintance of mine from Mumbai itself did a road trip from Mumbai to Seven Sisters over 40 days. His itinerary & overall journey is inspiring.

Look forward to discussing this and more with fellow Team-BHP members & make a trip out of it

Take care, stay safe!
VT-RNS is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks