Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2021, 13:44   #1

Hi from the 'Halwa' town down from the South

Hello fellow BHPians,

This is Syed Nizamudeen from a humble yet beautiful town called Tirunelveli down the South of Tamilnadu.

I've been using the Team-BHP forum over the years as a non-member especially to research on common issues and feedback about a particular car. As I belong to a joint macro family and our family has been owning cars like the Chevrolet Impala and the Landmaster back in the days even before I was born.

'Cars' according to our family has usually been just a tool to transport people from point A to point B and has never been a status symbol.

So, At present most of us and our extended family own the cars from the Japanese brands like Maruti Suzuki, Toyota & Honda. Other minorities are from Hyundai, VW, Skoda and a Mahindra too.

Cars like the Innova, Crysta and Ciaz are being driven by drivers and has clocked for more than 1.5 lakh Km each in less than 3 years and I even remember one of our family member's innova had done 4 lakh km at the time of selling.

There are others who self drive S Cross 1.6, VW Vento TDi DSG, Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDi's and so.

I personally drive a Honda Jazz i-Dtec and my odo crossed 1.10 Lakh Km right now since I bought new. I drive at least 40-50 Km a day for work and occasional weekend trips. I also use the car for grocery shopping.

Jazz might not be the most exciting diesel hatch to drive. But, certainly not laid back. It returns fantastic fuel efficiency 20-21 kmpl on average town roads and highways mixed. (18kmpl at least if ridden hard.)

The Honda diesels are inferior when compared to rivals when it comes to NVH levels and not quite refined.

The car is so reliable and I've replaced only the brake pads, brake discs (once) and three set of tyres apart from the periodical maintenance.

It still runs like new. The clutch action slightly feels hard and to be honest its not terrible and planning to keep it till 2023 December and buy something new on a 14L budget or a very well maintained sedan with descent reliability at a higher tier. By the time it should have clocked 1.5L km or so.

My personal piece of advice for first time car buyers or those who buy cars as a tool of transport that can carry passengers from point A to point B comfortably and without worrying about maintenance and also living in a small town and not a metro and not brand conscious. Don't look past Japanese car makers. Suzuki, Honda and Toyota offer great value for money without worrying too much about water pump failure or for a crazy expensive clutch replacement.

Cheers. Peace.
Attached Thumbnails
Hi from the 'Halwa' town down from the South-16269415647900.jpg  

syednizamudeen is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 15:10   #2
BHPian

re: Hi from the 'Halwa' town down from the South

Quote:
Originally Posted by syednizamudeen View Post

This is Syed Nizamudeen from a humble yet beautiful town called Tirunelveli down the South of Tamilnadu.
Vaanga Annaachi. Irruttu kadai alva sowkiyama?.

Good to see that the community is expanding to smaller towns. Have a great session ahead.
srini1785 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 15:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Bro!

I am also from same city and currently residing here since last march 2020. Thanks to the pandemic situation.
It is possible we can meet sometime. Share your contact no over DM.

Karthik. A

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd July 2021 at 21:03. Reason: Please proof read your post before submitting it. Thanks.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 22nd July 2021, 17:22   #4
AZT
BHPian

Welcome to the forum bro. I had to google your towns name and halwa to get the reference Haha. Good stuff!
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 17:31   #5
BHPian

Welcome onboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
Vaanga Annaachi. Irruttu kadai alva sowkiyama?.
You forgot Santhi. Question should be Irrutu Kadai or Santhi Fan?

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd July 2021 at 22:02. Reason: 2 other posts got clubbed up, sorry for trouble. .
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 18:19   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Welcome Bro...

I am also from same city and currently residing here since last march 2020. Thanx to pandemic situation.
possible we can meet sometime. share your contact no over DM.

Karthik. A
Hi,

How do I send a DM?? I'm not able to see anything called DM in your profile.

Sorry for being a noob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Welcome onboard!

Wow.Tbh, I prefer Lakshmi Vilas Spl Halwa over Santhi and Iruttu Kadai. I didnt expect Tirunelvelians out here.

Receiving so many replies within a few hours.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd July 2021 at 22:03. Reason: Please edit / multi-quote your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 22nd July 2021, 18:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

How do I send a DM?? I'm not able to see anything called DM in your profile.

Sorry for being a noob.
As you just joined, private message facility is not available for you.
you can contact me over 7358065980.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 21:54   #8
BHPian

Quote:
This is Syed Nizamudeen from a humble yet beautiful town called Tirunelveli down the South of Tamilnadu. Peace.
Welcome to this forum. An avid car fan is what I will best describe you; we will meet when I travel next. With so much of experience, you have joined the right community to share your experience. Good to see people from Tier 2 cities joining this community.
livelyyoungman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 09:04   #9
BHPian

Welcome to the forum and Jazz pic you posted is one of the best I have come across in that angle.
Thilak29 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 07:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hi from the 'Halwa' town down from the South

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Welcome onboard!

The quality of both has declined. A friend (another Chennai BHPian) introduced me to Ram Lala Kadai in Palayamkottai South Bazar Street. Amazing halwa there including varieties such as Gulkand and Tutti Frutti halwas.

Welcome from a Valliyur / Kallidai / Kalakad bhpian who tries to go back there at least two or three times a year. We probably need a TVL district meet up given how many of us seem to be there.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 08:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
We probably need a TVL district meet up given how many of us seem to be there.
Pls count me in when this happens. Thanks

Welcome aboard Syed
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 14:55   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The quality of both has declined. A friend (another Chennai BHPian) introduced me to Ram Lala Kadai in Palayamkottai South Bazar Street. Amazing halwa there including varieties such as Gulkand and Tutti Frutti halwas.

Welcome from a Valliyur / Kallidai / Kalakad bhpian who tries to go back there at least two or three times a year. We probably need a TVL district meet up given how many of us seem to be there.
Pleased to know you, Sir. Will try to catch up with local BHPians in person.

As you mentioned, There's a lot of Halwa varieties out here in Tirunelveli. Some are famous. Some are not. But, Each have their own fan following.

Cheers.
Old 29th July 2021, 14:58   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Welcome to the forum and Jazz pic you posted is one of the best I have come across in that angle.
Thank you Thilak and very humbled by your reply.
Old 29th July 2021, 16:20   #14
BHPian

Welcome to the forum. I hope to see more posts from you in the future. The Jazz is a really photogenic car . Is that photo shot somewhere in the Nilgiris?
Fateh Salim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 17:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pleased to know you, Sir. Will try to catch up with local BHPians in person.

As you mentioned, There's a lot of Halwa varieties out here in Tirunelveli. Some are famous. Some are not. But, Each have their own fan following.

Cheers.
Just happens that I am in Tirunelveli today upto Sunday early morning, busy tomorrow afternoon though.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks