Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2004, 13:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

hi guys
i am aadix
currently doing mech engg, into bikes and cars
part of other sites(mostly biking) like xbhp.com, bajapulsar.org
bikingunlimited.com and countless yahoo and msn forums
currently in the process of building a jeep from scratch!!!!!!!!
Old 30th March 2004, 14:15   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey man,

Welcome!.....
"currently in the process of building a jeep from scratch!!!!!!!!"
wow...lately i have been dreaming about building a vehicle from scratch because here in the US there are just piles of cars and stuff thrown away with perfectly good engines etc etc......
have you started? whats your plan? whats your engine choice? 2wd/4wd? Chasis? tell us all the details !!! and pics if u have any!

welcome to the group man..
cya
Rehaan
Old 30th March 2004, 14:24   #3
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

hey welcome aadix,
building a jeep from scratch. wow. that sounds like a good idea. we have GTO here who has restored his Jeep Classic right from scratch. i'm sure he'll be of great help to u.
Old 30th March 2004, 14:27   #4
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Check these link for pics:
Restoration Pics

Jeep Pics
Old 30th March 2004, 14:35   #5
BHPian

hi aadix, nice to have you here. plz do post the details of the jeep. cheers.
Old 30th March 2004, 15:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

hey v12
i posted abt the jeep in ur forum, and also in the elim topic in xbhp with a heading "hi v12"
well my dad has bought a mm 540 dp chassis(2nd hand), and is keen to buy a secondhand toyota turbo diesel engine(very common in esteems here in hyd)
any other suggestions he wants a engine will will give hell a lot of power/torque and good mileage,
it will be most likely a 2wd, which will be used by me to go to my farm , but almost all the time in city usage
i have decided on the tyre, it willbe 6inch mrf sandgrip(these have a really cool pattern, u can see it on military ashok leyland trucks)
its size is 7.50x 16, and i am searching for rims for it, will sit completetly on this project as soon as my exams are over and keep u guys reguraly updated
Old 30th March 2004, 15:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

soorry 16 inch and i have seen gto's jeep really coool!!!
been surfing this site from morning! gto dont mind but i will be copying ur caliper's idea!! and how abt more crome on ur jeep dude!
Old 30th March 2004, 19:16   #8
BHPian

Hey u should get in touch with GTO he built one cool off roader well good to have u onboard and good luck
Old 30th March 2004, 19:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

hey guys since my exams r going on will not be posting for some time! so dont mind if i dont reply to anyone's queries
thx!!
Old 31st March 2004, 13:27   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Addix!!!

Did I smell "RESTORE JEEP"!!!!!!! Boy have you come to the right place. My Jeep was nothing more than a rust bucket for three years, and I took on the restoration project in August 2003. It took a good 4 months of toiling, sweating and really really hard work (plus eternally extending the budget), but now whenever I am behind the wheel...or just spend a sunday gazing at her...I know that its been more than worth it. Plus giving shape to and rebuilding a Jeep from scratch is like watching your own child grow

Trust me on this one, I wish I could start restoring my Jeep again, so exhilirating was the experience. I have just PM'ed you my cell number. Call me if you want any tips on chassis reconditioning, body fitting/finishing, sourcing quality parts, modding the gear box....just about anything to do with restoring your Jeep, I'd br only too glad to help

Good to have you here

GTO
Old 31st March 2004, 17:08   #11
BHPian

Same with me GTO after i got married say a month or so I decided to buy my fiat man u should have see it , It was 2ft in mud the tyres had sank but u wont belive this after filling up the tank and the tyres and installing a new battery with one click she was back from her grave and the ironary of it all was my wife never knew about it at all when s saw her in our parking lot she asked the watch man whose" daba" that is and very carmly he replied "thu mare pati ke" man u should seen her face I thought one thingin my mind she is going to divorce me but eventually accepted my baby well there it is and know she loves the car I have spent like a bomb on her to bring back to where she is well thats my story
Keep in touch GTO * *
Old 31st March 2004, 23:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard Addix

Well GTO's jeep is the best thing i've driven, this side of things called hard. His jeep was my first experience with a Mahindra (if u leave out the Scorpio). But boy, its one helluva beast. With the new gear ratios, its even better.

All the best with ur jeep and hope its something i think its gonna end up being.

Revvmaster
Admin
Closed Thread

Most Viewed