Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2007, 17:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hi to Team BHP from IT Person

Hey Folks,

Time has come to introduce myself in this passionating WebSite I discovered year back where one can express all about auto industry and much more off topics! happenning in this globe (If we discover another earth I promise I take care of expenses of hosting this awasome forum there too or to provide ability to access this from there, lol)

About TBHP: Its wonderfull place to be live with so far for me. I heard it
from google as per my knowledge.

I am born and braught up in costal karnatka side since my parents work there and got bachelor degree in Bellary! I stayed in all kinds of weather till now (costal, cold hilly areas, too hot places)

My areas of interest when I was kid cricket cricket untill I completed my studies. There after just working working on Software and now from last 6 years Software and Management. In my offtime I read TBHP now a days more than watching TV along with reading news paper. I roam a lot but don't make much kilometers (thats why I own Petrol cars) thanks to AirTel GPRS (damm cheap now a days compared to 3+ years back) which helped me to work from even Himalayan areas and glorious beeches.

Another main my hobby is helping guys who look out for job in IT area, if they qualify in big companies good else I provide them a place in the office I work untill they are ready to take off, more than 100 folks are spread over golbe by now in span of 4 years. Please don't think I am doing placement business, its just small help to push them to good place with based on their ability. I am thankfull to my Boss who is so cooperative achieve this!

In the year 2003 when I crossed 25th year I decided to own a car for myself and baught omni (If TBHP was available that time I would have baught Quallis after taking advice here, lol), I also owned Santro fully loaded (sold it to senior person from my place who liked my car very much), Swift Limited Edition (really I liked it but sold it to person who work in my office when I realized this is not car for me), Now I own Innova which seems quiet good so far.

In future I would like to try Safari (If I see quality improvement 2 yrs downtheline), Adventure (If my parents decide to use it and if interiors are worked out a bit with new version coming soon) thats it. I feel cars with 10+ lakhs not ideal for Indian conditions until we see really some good growth here in India.

Thats all from me for now.

Best Regards,

Ravi.

PS Any advise (+ or -) to imrpove this thread welcome!
Old 16th May 2007, 21:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
In my offtime I read TBHP now a days more than watching TV along with reading news paper.
Now thats MultiTasking..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
In future I would like to try Safari (If I see quality improvement 2 yrs downtheline),
Quality has improved na.. I bought it

Godfather
Old 16th May 2007, 22:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to teambhp Ravi! Btw that's one of the lengthiest intros that i've read here on this forum!!

Which company do you work for Ravi?
Old 16th May 2007, 22:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yes GodFather I can see quality has improved with Safari very much now compared to my relative's 2000 model safari.

I am sure in max. 2 years downtheline tata will produce safari of my choice

Thank you Sankar, I work for US based company we have very tiny office in Vijaynagar here where we work on Microsoft based projects. My Boss appointed me as CEO (age 24yrs lol) for this operation in the year 2001 when USA was melting down and had reached rock bottom.

With our extensive planning and hard efforts (top officials of our company worked over 18hrs a day 365 days a year! for non stop 3 yrs till everyone got married lol) things were back to track and better than before!

Along with clients over 10 countries I carry hands on experience with many many top Indian companies (to name few Satyam/Sify/Cust Asset/ICICI/IQURA/RedWood/WIPRO ...) too.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 16th May 2007 at 22:36.
Old 16th May 2007, 22:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Wow ! Detailed intro. You must have given it quite some time !
Old 16th May 2007, 22:50   #6
BHPian

Hello Ravi

Welcome to the family.

Good to know about your hobby of helping others get into the industry. If you dont mind, could you share some information. Probably most of us could do something similar to what u do, in our organisations.

Here's wishing you good times on the forum.

-Haque
Old 16th May 2007, 23:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

I think this is a wonderful introduction and nothing much really left to be added.Just like you me too a big time airtel user.

Hats off to your boss and you,this is a wonderful initiative you have undertaken in helping others.

Wish you all the best.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 16th May 2007 at 23:54.
Old 17th May 2007, 09:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Team!

One of the idea best worked in my office:

We have few 7+ yrs old PIII computers (17inch monitor and very good configuration sometimes overtakes PIV computers in performance) but still to run advanced applications PIV is better best than PIII.

I have kept one section in my office where newly joined guys who look for IT jobs after their graduation (BE/MCA/BSc...) I provide them to choose
either morning (7AM-1PM) or after noon (2PM-8PM) shift based on their time preferences.

I take most of them without asking them any technical questions but I grill about their background and their area of interest etc.. I explain our policies and rules very clearly and give them 2 days time to decide If they are interested to join our company. I reject few people as well although If we find they are not suitable for organization.

Once they join we train them in Microsoft platform (HTML to C#) and also we help them to improve their other non technical skills needed to be to efficient in any office. After 2 months of experience we give them chance if they pick up well, to work on our Projects and also offer salary. They need to work at least 6 months in office till they start searching for dream jobs. Few of them get finance assistance as well to take care of their expenses to stay in Bangalore.

The ones who show best performance will be recruited into our office on full time then they get PIV computers and full scale pay!

This worked very well for me in terms of finding good quality folks and trust/respect we share each other is amazing.

Many guys benefited from this package working abroad now. They are so happy to get the break!

I hunted for 4 months in Bangalore to find my first job, when I got charge
to handle the show I immediately braught this idea into place which will benefit job seeker and good quality programmers/respect/name for employer. We don't take money for this in turn we spend at least 1000bucks on every guy per month to maintain our infrastructure etc.. expenses and on few small salary to lead their life in Bangalore till they find their dream job!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 17th May 2007, 19:28   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Btw that's one of the lengthiest intros that i've read here on this forum!!
Not only that, its an intro after 400+ posts.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed