Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2021, 17:08   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHP!

I am so glad to be a part of this excellent forum which I have been following for many years now.

About myself, a 30 something software engineer working for a tech giant. Apart from cars and bikes I am an avid music lover, mainly like rock and Indian classical music.

The list of my present rides are as below:

1. 2006 Pulsar 150 Dts-i, my first ever bike, hence some sentiments attached with it, has been parked since the lockdown and needs to be rejuvenated.

2. 2015 Honda CBR 250R, got this pre-owned example last year, was looking for an office commute after selling off my Duke 390 and the CBR has been a quiet mile muncher, due for a tyre change.

3. 2013 Vespa LX, again a pre-owned vehicle, mainly used to run the local errands.

4. 2012 Hyundai iGen i20, my first car, due to be sold soon, I do not feel sentimental about this one as opposed to my pulsar may be because I wanted to buy a Punto/Polo and chose the i20 over those in what was definitely a head over heart decision.

5. 2015 Skoda Octavia 1.4 tsi, my very recent purchase, a little over a month ago, again this is a pre-owned example , this was a decision made straight from the heart and I definitely feel much more satisfied this time around. I hope to write about my experience with this one in due time.

I am not a photo person but this once I couldn't resist to take a picture of my new muse :
Hello Team-BHP!-octy.jpg
skarface is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 08:45   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello Team-BHP!

Welcome to Team-BHP, skarface (I love the movie too!). I see you are a used vehicle fan, going by your many pre-owned purchases. Me too as they offer undeniable value. Have written many articles on the good & bad about buying used cars. Hope to see you sharing tips there.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 10:59   #3
BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHP!

Thank you for the warm welcome GTO! One very big reason that I became a used vehicle advocate is definitely Team-BHP. I thoroughly enjoy reading these threads :

What car?
Used car price check (The "USED" Car Price Check Thread)

More specifically your thread on lateral upgrades (ARTICLE: The Beauty of Lateral Upgrades (Getting MORE CAR for LESS $$$)) got me thinking and now I am convinced that pre-worshipped is the way for me. I really enjoy the process of scouting for the right example, cold calling sellers and trying to understand and evaluate if the vehicle is the correct one for me. The sense of satisfaction I derive from this is immense compared to the "mundane" feeling of going into a showroom and picking up a new example.

However as you have said in one of your posts, this isn't for everyone as the process is time consuming and should be considered by someone only if they are willing to invest time and put in the right effort to pick the correct example for themselves. If they do so then definitely it is rewarding.

I will definitely chip in those spaces where our members are looking out for some advice on treading down the pre-owned path.
skarface is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks