Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2007, 14:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Proud to be a part of you

Exactly a year later, from 2006, after surfing thousands of threads, after learning how NOT to post threads (thanks mods!), after contributing with lots of test drive reports and other details, and after 300 odd posts,

i thought its a nice time to reveal the other side of geeksrik

Bangalore has been a part and parcel of my entire life be it childhood, or studies, or friends or movies, or cars or whatever. The IT, real estate and economic boom of Bangalore has unfoled in front of my eyes over the past 30 years. From a situation where the entire locality's kids used to converge on only one house to watch that single lone television showing a doordarshan regional movie, to each of us now owning our own dish tv's and set top boxes, from that lone cycle of my friend which made all of us envious to now investing on our own 10 lac cars, i ve come a long long way from a rather conservative family to this now bustling and super charged atmosphere!

anything digital aroused my curiosity and hence i pursued my BE in comp sci and to add another correspondence degree to my bulging belt, an MS (off campus) from BITS. got into the software industry at all the wrong times - 1999 during the pre y2k syndrome, then 2000 - the actual bust, and 2001 another disaster and now into more and more stringent atmospheres. nevertheless after working for a few companies now, and staying abroad for a year, i ve slowly changed my perception to the way i use my time to make more and more friends. i call it an investment

otherwise been there done that kinds! seen high salaries, recruitments, layoffs, everything in life!! and still seeing newer and better things like never before. i particularly like to understand cultures of other countries around it and my favourite is the south east asia. i ve been in kuala lumpur and singapore for sometime, and have visited a couple of states in the usa, and so also dubai and london, which all have enriched my understanding of the world outside where i live. i also love photography (digital), very minimal amount of the electronic keyboard, and website designing.

took a strong stand i dont need a wife from the IT industry, and hence got married to an architect (you know the building/civil types!?) and believe me its been a great experience to talk it out between IT and architecture!!

on this forum, many have become my good friends and i ll continue to be with team-bhp and keep learning more on the automotive front as the days come by.

i ll sign off here but be always a part of you. thanks for the wonderful opportunity of being and contributing here!

Srikanth
Old 20th May 2007, 15:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful and detailed intro. Just like your TD reports.

Thanks for sharing.

cheers
Old 20th May 2007, 17:28   #3
BHPian

Yupp GeekSrik! Your enthu for cars shows. So many TDs! Keep up the good work man..
Old 21st May 2007, 10:19   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, if it isnt our on-board testdriver posting a late intro! Nice to know the other side, Geek Srik. And a pleasure to have you on Team-BHP.
Old 21st May 2007, 10:57   #5
Team-BHP Support

finally an intro, welkome dear friend and keep those post coming
Old 21st May 2007, 21:03   #6
BHPian

Welcome dude have a great time
Old 21st May 2007, 21:36   #7
BHPian

hey geek, i am an architect too so i can understand your connection.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks