Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2022, 01:24   #1

Hello BHPians! My 1st thread

Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a good year. I have been in love with cars when I was 6yrs old. This passion was ignited by my uncle who always used to bring me car magazines when ever he visits my family. Even though, I was unable to read, I used to stare at the magazines for hrs. And I particularly remeber when he brought home the magazine. Even though it was way back in time, that magazine had the car which till date is my dream car. I remember seeing the spaceship and drooling over. The car is none other than the Lamborghini Murcielago. After this when I was in school I started reading car magazines daliy. Taking word for word what the auto journalists wrote about the emotions they got from a car. When I was in school, my attainable cool car was the Type 2 City VTEC. Used to see a lot of them at a garage know as 0-100 autowerks located close to my house in Kerala. Then came the time I got my license and i finally got to experience the joy of driving. At that time we had a second gen Maruti 800 and a Honda City ZX. 800 was a car which is thrilling to drive because of its handling. All this time, I still had the VTEC in my head. College over and I got a job in Bangalore and everything was going good. Then one day, daddy calls me telling he sold the 800 and send me her pictures. I was heart broken. The car was with us for more than 20yrs, she was my dad's first car and I know that it was harder for him to give her away. After this came the corna, I got WFH so was back at home, bored and nothing else to do. Also, since I was staying at home, I was able to save up some dough. I thought initially what to do with the savings, maybe a good gaming PC to get rid of the boredom?? Nope, I started my search for my VTEC!! Spend close to 6months and finally found a clean looking one in Pune with KL registration. Contacted the person and he was a military guy who frequently got posted to different places and wanted to sell the car since the fitness test was due. Negotiated with him and paid the advance. Next was the waiting. Since, it was COVID, the owner had arranged the car to be shipped to my place. I waited 4 weeks for the car. Everyday used to call the transportation guy for updates. Finally on 19th November 2020, she came home.

Current mods on the car:
Raceconcepts full exhaust
Raceconcepts intake with BMC filter
Raceconcepts front and rear strut braces
Racedynamics RD1401 ECU
15inch Alloys on 205/50 S Drive

Note to Mods: Please feel free to move this thread to other category.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello BHPians! My 1st thread-img20210518wa0012.jpeg  

Hello BHPians! My 1st thread-img_20210607_172016__01.jpg  

Hello BHPians! My 1st thread-img_20210617_151019.jpg  

Hello BHPians! My 1st thread-img_20210617_151256.jpg  

Hello BHPians! My 1st thread-img_20211213_11302101.jpeg  

Hello BHPians! My 1st thread-img20211001wa0040.jpeg  

Hello BHPians! My 1st thread-img20211122wa0005.jpeg  

Hello BHPians! My 1st thread-img_20211210_120848.jpg  

Freerevvingguy is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 07:58   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello BHPians! My 1st thread

Welcome freerevvingguy. What an apt name for someone who owns that crazy revv-happy Vtec. Your car looks really good & brings to mind fond memories of my own 1st-gen City.

Request: There are several language, spelling & grammatical errors in your post. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers. Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Thanks for the support & understanding
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 08:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hello freerevvingguy,

Welcome to the forum. Honda City 1st gen is still a dream car for many enthusiasts. Recently I drove one, owned by a friend. The striking thing which I immediately felt, coming from high seating cross over and a sedan, is the almost go kart like low seating position. I felt really closer to the ground than I imagined. The car begs to be revved and cornered. It's such a lovely motor.

Wishing you a great stay here
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 13:48   #4
BHPian

Welcome aboard freerevvingguy. Such a clean type-1 city, man, am I jealous! This is such a gem of a car. Get all these mods and a big fat subwoofer in the trunk, maybe some snazzy lights to top it all off and bingo! You've earned yourself proper tokyo drift JDM experience.

And look at that Supra quiety peeping from the back of Cedia! No wonder it's the right garage to get the work done.

Last edited by DriverNo.420 : 6th January 2022 at 13:49.
DriverNo.420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 23:19   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome freerevvingguy. What an apt name for someone who owns that crazy revv-happy Vtec. Your car looks really good & brings to mind fond memories of my own 1st-gen City.

Request: There are several language, spelling & grammatical errors in your post. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers. Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Thanks for the support & understanding
Thanks a lot GTO!! I have read a lot of articles in the forum, especially yours, ajmats and vinayvtecs before going for the VTEC.

Sorry about the errors and will try my best to avoid them in my future updates on my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Hello freerevvingguy,

Welcome to the forum. Honda City 1st gen is still a dream car for many enthusiasts. Recently I drove one, owned by a friend. The striking thing which I immediately felt, coming from high seating cross over and a sedan, is the almost go kart like low seating position. I felt really closer to the ground than I imagined. The car begs to be revved and cornered. It's such a lovely motor.

Wishing you a great stay here
Thank you Bibendum90949! The car is still a lot of fun considering it's age. The sound change during the VTEC crossover is the main reason for my bad fuel economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
Welcome aboard freerevvingguy. Such a clean type-1 city, man, am I jealous! This is such a gem of a car. Get all these mods and a big fat subwoofer in the trunk, maybe some snazzy lights to top it all off and bingo! You've earned yourself proper tokyo drift JDM experience.

And look at that Supra quiety peeping from the back of Cedia! No wonder it's the right garage to get the work done.
Thanks for the appreciation man! The garage is where I went to get my ECU installed. They are the only standalone ECU manufacturer in India as far as I know and had a great experience with them.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th January 2022 at 05:05. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 15th January 2022, 00:18   #6

Dyno run after installing RD ECU
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks