Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2007, 13:57   #16
Team-BHP Support

Welcome TEG, as ajmat just confirmed, we do have a Brit in the moderator team. Meet the Chennai TeamBHP gang at their next meet. They are great bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Thad, welcome. I dont know if anyone told you that your name rhymes with a very Indian thing - an instruction in the traditional dance of Bharathnatyam !
I think he derived the handle from that, he must be well aware.
Old 10th June 2007, 15:15   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I did read the announcements, honest. [Blush].

But I expect I'll still make newbie mistakes --- even though I have experience of moderating a busy board.
Welcome on board Thad . Being newbie you need not worry our alert mods are on duty they will warn/assist/help you as required. Enjoy your stay.
Old 10th June 2007, 16:20   #18
BHPian

Hello Thad! Welcome to Team-BHP! I know how it feels to drive here after being abroad for so long. It feels very different and wierd. I've experienced that feeling. Have fun being part of Team-BHP!

Cya
A
Old 11th June 2007, 00:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi thad ,
welcome to Team-BHP, you will find there is a lot to be learnt here & not just about cars. Hope to see you around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Welcome TEG, as ajmat just confirmed, we do have a Brit in the moderator team. Meet the Chennai TeamBHP gang at their next meet. They are great bunch.
Thanks samurai.
Old 11th June 2007, 01:17   #20
Team-BHP Support

Well as I can see I am a bit late to the party. You have already been given a warm welcome. Nonetheless let me extend my welcome and wishes for a great stay here. As everyone has already suggested, don't worry about minor dents. Thats indian traffic for you. At times it looks maddening but you get used to it. In the process you do collect a few battle scars.

Meet the guys here, online as well as offline (during the quick meets and the regular ones). Feel free to do your research on things automotive and shoot your queries. We have great in-house experts to cover the whole gamut of cars, maintenance, ICE etc. And before I forget, do check the Shifting Gears section as well. It is an amazingly vibrant discussion board on lot many things outside of the automotive world.

Welcome again.
Old 11th June 2007, 09:31   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, thanks again, all.

Driving here? After getting over the fear it is strangely liberating in a way! I went through an over-confident phase; that was scary, really. I knocked a bucket out of a guy's hand; what if it had been a child! The slightly aggressive edge of London driving, combined with Chennai madness...

But it does bring out the aggression in me --- my poor wife is wondering what happened to the completely gentle and mild man she married. But, rightly, she points out my complete lack of muscle and says, "don't go for fighting if you can't back it up". It's the two-wheelers that get to me.....

And yes, the name came to me in mridangam class (music student --- lapsed) quite a while back as a sort of Americanised konnokol-based name. Could have gone the whole hog and called myself Thad E. Ginathom III, I suppose!
Old 11th June 2007, 21:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing you at the next Chennai meet. God only knows when that's going to happen. Chennai meets are like Chennai rains - not much of them, but when it happens, its welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom
It's the two-wheelers that get to me.
Yeah, tell us about it. But since I use both the bike and car, I know what irritates bikers about car-drivers (and vice versa) and thus tend to avoid those habits, to the best of my ability.
Old 13th June 2007, 16:09   #23
BHPian

Greetings!! Thad E.
Happy cruising!!!
Old 16th June 2007, 21:46   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you --- I am astonished at the amount of traffic (err, the pun wasn't intended, but...) on this board.

Hats off to the mods for coping with it!
Old 16th June 2007, 22:36   #25
BHPian

Hi Thad

Nice to see some one from the UK. I live in the UK but dream of living in Mumbai and visit atleast once a year. I just wanted to say that you made a good choice of the Suzuki Swift as I also own a Suzuki Swift Vxi in Mumbai apart from a Nissan Skyline that I exported to Mumbai a month ago. I recently had a Suzuki Swift courtesy car and everyone singing praises about this car here in the UK also.

I also had the Rover experience in the form of a White Gold Rover 620 Turbo Diesel injected a few years ago that I loved. Used to go to Blackpool and Fleetwood during the summer. Nice comfortable car but Rover prices for spares and service were quite high.

Anyway Welcome and hope you enjoy your time on the Team BHP site.

Last edited by 2_fast : 16th June 2007 at 22:39. Reason: Spelling
2_fast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2007, 08:00   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome, Thad. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad
It got its first dent after five days when a motor-cyclist ran into the back of it (even he had no idea how it happened).
They never have any idea how they do it ..
Old 18th June 2007, 10:19   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks again, both... 2_fast, I bet your Rover was more fun than mine!

But mine was a comfortable car and I can't say that I didn't like it. I think the engine would have been fine without the auto gear box, it just was a bad match.

I was sad to discover, after buying it, that the 2.3ltr was actually more economical than the 2Ltr. Would have been a much better buy!

But when you buy second hand you can only choose from what's there...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed