Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2022, 00:58   #1

Hello from a new member

Hello all ,

After being a passive reader for the past 9-10 years, I finally took the plunge and applied for the membership. And here I am with my very first post.
A quick introduction, I am currently working remote from my hometown Lucknow. Have previously owned Maruti Ritz and recently got a Honda Jazz, a few days ago. This purchase was the catalyst for applying to this forum.
I work as a Senior Data Scientist (a.k.a Software Engg) with Bangalore being my base location.
Looking forward to interacting with the members here.

Cheers!
hsaxena is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 15:21   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hello from a new member

Welcome to teamBHP! I see you are a data scientist. I believe this is a profession in high demand these days

I am a fan of the Maruti Ritz. It's a no nonsense, compact and reliable car backed by Maruti's strong after sales network and low spare part prices. Also like the fact that you can't really go wrong with engine options on this one. A creamy 1.2 VVT or a frugal and proven 1.3MJD. Am looking forward to adding one to my garage next year.

The Jazz is actually one of the better built Honda's out there and the 1.2 Ivtec though not the best performer, should serve you well for lakhs of km.

Enjoy your stay on the forum. Looking forward to contributions from you
Old 2nd May 2022, 20:10   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Welcome to teamBHP! I see you are a data scientist. I believe this is a profession in high demand these days

I am a fan of the Maruti Ritz. It's a no nonsense, compact and reliable car backed by Maruti's strong after sales network and low spare part prices. Also like the fact that you can't really go wrong with engine options on this one. A creamy 1.2 VVT or a frugal and proven 1.3MJD. Am looking forward to adding one to my garage next year.

The Jazz is actually one of the better built Honda's out there and the 1.2 Ivtec though not the best performer, should serve you well for lakhs of km.

Enjoy your stay on the forum. Looking forward to contributions from you
Thanks @vishy76.

Data Scientist as a profession has its own merits and demerits. It was in demand when I started out my professional journey back in 2014 or even before, but has seen its stagnation in its hype cycle with scales shifting to supply side in recent years. This also keeps you on toes to be up to date with your skills.

Regarding the cars I purchased (or got my dad to purchase for himself); it has always been practical cars over hype. Back then when I suggested Ritz over i10 no one appreciated it. Turns out it was indeed a better choice with a mature engine. The Jazz doesn't have the slight punch below 2k that Ritz offered. In its 55k kms journey we never ever had to pull over even for a flat tyre. Heck, it fetched a resale price we weren't even expecting.
Both the cars the family purchased were about to be discontinued but I still stuck to them. Hoping the Jazz lives to expectations after taking the baton from Ritz.

And looking forward to learning more from the bhp-ians
hsaxena is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 21:26   #4
BHPian

Welcome, dude, to both the forum as well as Bangalore, the City of Traffic Madness! Since you've been a long term lurker, I don't doubt that you're familiar with the rules here and how things happen. Enjoy your stay, and enjoy your new car.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 21:37   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Badhai ho Nawab Sahib, badhai ho (Congratulations Nawab Sahib). Hamara khandan bhi Lucknow ka hai (My family is from Lucknow too). I hope your WFH continues for a long time. Lucknow is a better city IMHO than rutted gutted polluted & over stuffed BLR. Welcome to the best social media forum east of the Suez canal. Please read the rules carefully and follow them.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th July 2022 at 05:07. Reason: Translation added
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 22:27   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Welcome, dude, to both the forum as well as Bangalore, the City of Traffic Madness! Since you've been a long term lurker, I don't doubt that you're familiar with the rules here and how things happen. Enjoy your stay, and enjoy your new car.
Thanks! I'm familiar with most of the rules, will try to not break them knowingly or unknowingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Badhai ho Nawab Sahib, badhai ho. Hamara khandan bhi Lucknow ka hai. I hope your WFH continues for a long time. Lucknow is a better city IMHO than rutted gutted polluted & over stuffed BLR. Welcome to the best social media forum east of the Suez canal. Please read the rules carefully and follow them.
Shukriya Sir!!! Lucknow is indeed one of the better tier 2 towns, plus this being the hometown, always has a special place in my heart.

Last edited by ajmat : 5th May 2022 at 22:38.
hsaxena is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed