Team-BHP - Hey guys. ..
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hey guys. .. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/25155-hey-guys.html)

Hi everyone -- :) I am really-really happy to be a part of this forum. I try to follow Indian automotive scene with the help of web-sites and sub-standard "auto-shows" that are on Indian TV.

Recently, I read some ICE, general posts here and I was really impressed with the wealth of knowledge this forum has.
About me -
I am into automotive R&D. Working in the area of designing automotive lights. I’ve been working for long time in design in India and Japan.
Lights of almost all Japanese cars and bikes running in India have some sort of design-screw-up done by me. If I have not worked on it directly, or seen it being designed - I’ve at least made proposals to fight for these projects.I probably won’t use very harsh words to criticize any car or bike on this forum -coz I know the amount of sweat and blood it takes to conceptualize these things and bring them to market.

I am a great fan of car build-off/ biker build off shows on TV. I like to sketch and use design, CAD, 3D, analysis softwares which help in bringing out the thoughts. I’ve always wanted to modify a car for myself.
One day perhaps I will do it ..... I hope to meet some like-minded people here.
I would be really interested in any collaborative build-off project....just for fun and kicks.

Hi Kidney,

I dont know how this intro went un-replied to for so long!

I am most interested in knowing the extent of your participation in screwing up auto lighting :p

Ever seen this webpage, its a pretty good resource - Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

Do share some more of your experience and tell us about some interesting projects you have come across!

cya
R

Hello kidney and welcome

Thats a pretty nice intro there. Would love to know about the design screw up you do :)

Maybe you can share your automotive lights knowledge with us

Cheers

Welcome to the forum. Good to see an engineer here.
Hope to see you more on this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ting-here.html

Welcome to the forum kidney! Are you by any chance responsible for the light design screwup of the OHC? I would like a scape goat to blame please :p

Have fun & hope to see you around!

Welcome abroad to the India`s best automotive forum.

Please go through the announcement section before posting

also with which automotive company are you linked with.

Thanks a lot guys- I see that some senior BHPians and mods writing the welcome words. I guess- my intro got a lil' too serious for everyone to comment or pull my leg.. Thanks anyways guys...:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 479681)
Hi Kidney......interested in knowing the extent of your participation in screwing up auto lighting .........ood resource - Daniel Stern Lighting Cons…..projects you have come across!cya
R

Thanks Rehaan... Extent of screw-ups=started from hand sketches to homologation -- so I can say some 100% screw-ups done too.
Daniel Stern - This is a good site. Technical info is good for starters. But not actually unusable- as much more detailed regulations on bulbs, lighting requirements and installation are followed during actual design & development. Also regulations followed are different for different counties and also different design stds are followed by different carmakers.
Yeah - I'd love to put some humble comments on the work done by non-Japanese carmakers.
Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 479876)
Welcome ......... also with which automotive company are you linked with.

Thanks low bass - I will discuss company/projects/carmakers when possible. Please don’t mind.
Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 479729)
Welcome.............
....http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/

I've read this thread- its more on accessorizing a critical safety equipment.
Actually playing with different light sources-just messes the road illumination pattern, as the reflectors is not designed to work on all bulbs. Screws-up the heat conditions in the lamps too.
Driver might enjoy a slight increase in performance- but such upgrades are a menace on the roads for oncoming traffic.
Comon man !! we work nights to keep the illumination values within a range..:Frustrati
Sorry-I couldnt read the complete thread. It is just painful to see people doing things like this or putting black stickers with initials, on their bike tail-lights.

I just want to say by this forum that there are easier ways to commit suicide than putting a black sticker with the name initial on the tail light of your bike and easier ways to murder someone than to blind them to crash somewhere....please:

Ohh man....this thread getting serious again.... I am happy to join the forum.... thanks for the welcome words. Ill shut-up now.

Welcome to Team BHP, kidney.

Please help us screw up the lighting in our autos too - god knows there are enough volunteers here!

Welcome once again.

Welcome to the forum Kidney.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidney (Post 482106)
I just want to say by this forum that [b]there are easier ways to commit suicide than putting a black sticker with the name initial on the tail light of your bike and easier ways to murder someone than to blind them to crash somewhere....
Ohh man....this thread getting serious again.... I am happy to join the forum.... thanks for the welcome words. Ill shut-up now.

Well said! I agree with you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidney (Post 468475)
I am into automotive R&D. Working in the area of designing automotive lights. I’ve been working for long time in design in India and Japan.
Lights of almost all Japanese cars and bikes running in India have some sort of design-screw-up done by me. If I have not worked on it directly, or seen it being designed - I’ve at least made proposals to fight for these projects.I probably won’t use very harsh words to criticize any car or bike on this forum -coz I know the amount of sweat and blood it takes to conceptualize these things and bring them to market.

Thats great.

Can you share your working experiences with a few examples?

It would be great for us to know what it takes to have these designs, and what all factors go into the design. :)

Hi,

Sorry for late reply.....U told working for a Japanese auto co and u have screwed up lights....Oh man....they never allowed us to do these things in my jap co where I worked.....they will check (do PDCA) check again (do PDCA) check again before the car comes out of assy line........I was looking after Resin/Rubber & Interior parts.....

btw, welcome to the forum....

Hello kidney and welcome to teambhp

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 485650)
..U told working for a Japanese auto co and u have screwed up lights....Oh man....they never allowed us to do these things in my jap co where I worked.....they will check (do PDCA) check again (do PDCA) check again before the car comes out of assy line........I was looking after Resin/Rubber & Interior parts.......

Hey snaronikar - Sorry - I think you took my words literally - by "screw-ups" - I meant the "work done". Of course-no car goes to SOP-without meeting some sort of quality checks on all stages-be it PDCAorDFMEA...
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 483119)
Thats great....Can you share your working experiences with a few examples?It would be great for us to know what it takes to have these designs, and what all factors go into the design. :)

I guees - it would be appropriate to do this privately. I dont want to discuss work on an open forum. PM me- if you are really interested & I will try to answer specific questions about design-as much as I am allowed to.

Thanks Kidney.....Will PM sometime....