Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2022, 15:24   #1

Hello to fellow BHPians, Introducing myself

Hi to all Team-BHP members, first of all a big thank you to all for accepting me as a member of this forum. I have been a regular visitor to Team-BHP site. There is so much information and great insights from knowledgeable members here.

Now let me introduce myself a little, my name is Mandeep Singh, I am 35 years of age, working in the Merchant Navy as Captain, staying in Ambala when at home. I love driving and all kind of automobiles like everyone else on this platform, watch motorsports, painting and occasionally play golf. Sometimes I drive in my car for hours on some empty highway or some rural road without a purpose, it works like meditation to me although I do take guilt trips later on for wasting resources & polluting for no reason, I get over it swiftly.

I have started driving on my dad’s Yezdi when I was around 13 and learned driving car on Maruti 800 later. Various vehicles have passed through family since then. Every vehicle we have ever owned I have fell in love with, every time I had to part away with a vehicle, its a very emotional affair for me which is quite surprising to most of my friends and family but I know members here can relate to it better. Our earlier vehicles have stayed in family for very long periods but now I like to keep my cars for around 5-10 years. I like to be a DIY person and often find myself in situations where I have invested relatively excess time and resources in trying to fix something which could have easily done by visiting a service center, but It doesn’t bother me much as long as I am able to box back and usually end up with valuable lessons and experiences.

I strongly advocate of safe driving, following rules and common-sense on roads, prioritizing safety of self and people around and following all traffic regulations.
The current vehicles that make up our garage include Jeep compass, SX4, Kwid and a hibernating Hero Honda Karizma.

Looking forward to interactions and hope to contribute meaningfully to the forum in the times to come, Wishing you all safe and happy driving!
Attached Thumbnails
Hello to fellow BHPians, Introducing myself-img_9702.jpg  

Moto_MP is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 12:48   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello to fellow BHPians, Introducing myself

Hello, Mandeep. Welcome to Team-BHP! It's great to have you on board.

I also learned to ride a motorcycle when I was 13 on my dad's 1984 Hero Honda CD 100. I still remember what techniques & tricks he used to get the fear out of me & every time I think about it, it makes me smile. Right now is one of those times!

Do you have any plans to bring your Hero Honda Karizma out of the hibernation & back to life? I think it'd be one interesting story that most of us would like to read

Cheers,
Utkarsh
UtkarshC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 15:36   #3

Re: Hello to fellow BHPians, Introducing myself

Hi Utkarsh
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtkarshC View Post
I also learned to ride a motorcycle when I was 13 on my dad's 1984 Hero Honda CD 100. I still remember what techniques & tricks he used to get the fear out of me & every time I think about it, it makes me smile. Right now is one of those times!
Utkarsh
Yes same here remembering that time do put a big smile on my face. Yezdi was one tough cookie to start at that time for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtkarshC View Post
Do you have any plans to bring your Hero Honda Karizma out of the hibernation & back to life? I think it'd be one interesting story that most of us would like to read Utkarsh
I am planning to restore the Karizma for sure, although I am well aware of experience of a fellow Bhpian, thread by RiderZone https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...otorcycle.html (How NOT to restore your old motorcycle) so trying to be well prepared before I start, so I don't end up giving her up to a scrap dealer in the end, a new bike can be brought but not the memories. But for sure she will see life again and once done, will share the experience with everyone.

Cheers
Moto_MP is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks