Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2022, 13:17   #1

Abdul from Bangalore

Hi fellow Team-BHPians , first of all a big thank you to Team BHP team for accepting me as a member of this forum and everybody for sparing your time to read my post. I have been a regular visitor to Team-BHP site for over 15+ years or more , my favourite pastime in the recent couple of years or so is to read and read reviews of bikes and cars on this site and watch endless videos of rides and reviews on you tube . Benefited a lot from great insights from knowledgeable members here, yes, have been unfair by not penning down anything yet , though I became a member ages back.

Allow me to introduce myself briefly, my name is Abdul Rehman, young at 50 years , working in IT (needless to say being from Bangalore). I love driving and more so bike riding , restarted about 18months back post @ 20 years. You may term it midlife crisis or whatever , but just love this phase of life and possibly no regrets that it came at the right time period of life.

We have a small riding group of 5 members in our apartment based in North Bangalore ( Prestige Wellington Park , Gangamma circle , Jalahalli) , we ride out almost every weekend for breakfast rides and cover @100 km one way , preferably on Saturdays. We lack enthusiasm or drive in the group for rides beyond same day return though I have done two rides with one of the members spread over two /three days. I would like to build on this and extend our rides to newer places. My better half is against me riding alone and wants me to ride along with a group so that they can be at peace that incase of any unforeseen eventuality we all have company for each other.

I currently ride a Honda highness CB 350 since November 2020 and keep having pangs to upgrade to a Versys 650 or 500X , but the thing holding me back is a fear of enthusiasm of rides dying down. We in our group strongly follow traffic rules , common sense on roads, safety for both self and people around , ride only with proper gear and have an undying passion for rides and our bikes.

Would like to connect with fellow riders who are based this side of town and willing to join us or let us join your groups for rides , we would be delighted to connect and take this journey forward.
varehman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 14:16   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Abdul from Bangalore

Welcome to the forum @varehman.

It's nice to see fellow riders - there's a decent bunch of them in Bangalore who are members on the forum. A lot of them including yours truly might be more of one-off trip riders than regular ones.

Check out the folks on this thread Bangalore Sunday Morning rides (Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides) - you might find similar minded folks on that thread. Hit up @Red Liner and other senior bhpians and they might be able to help you with offline (/whatsapp) riding groups if there exists any.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed