Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2022, 19:55   #1

Hello everyone!

Hello everyone,

I'm Rohan Revankar, and I'm so glad to be a part of this fantastic forum. I'm 20 years old and pursuing Mechanical Engineering (I followed my heart with this decision!) in the best Engineering college Bengaluru can provide me.

We own a Maruti Zen VX, and I'm proud of myself for having it. Its been with us since 2010, accompanying us on most of the road trips, city runs and many more. It was my dad's dream to own a car, and buying this even used one back then was a big deal for us, but indeed it was the best thing that could happen to us. I always wanted to learn to drive in our car, and I've finally succeeded. Exactly a week after turning 18, I started learning to drive along with my dad. I got my DL soon enough, but there is a lot to learn to even go near the word "perfection". It's incredible how time has flown by. In the last six months, I've done a 1000kms of city, highway, rainy days, you name it. Because I've started driving, my dad always chooses the passenger seat and relaxes. He is completely confident in me, and I love that freedom while driving.

The best part about driving an old car is it needs some unique skills to master. For example, in situations like stop-go traffic on an uphill road, the half-clutch method barely works due to lack of power. However, the workarounds for them make me confident in driving them.

I'm just waiting to start earning to bring my car back to its glory. Although it is old now, I've no intention of giving it away. Also, selling this won't even get us a used scooter, and a car is any day better than a scooter when it comes to practicality, seating capacity, etc. It's becoming my car than ours because lately nobody drives except me, and that's good. It's even my duty to fill her up with fuel, taking it for service, etc. My next plan is to drive it to college next sem, at least for a day and probably give my crush a ride back home after college.

Would love to get along here and be a valuable member!
Thank you

Hello everyone!-pxl_20220517_081037881_exported_1652797327046.jpg Here's a picture
rohan07revankar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 09:55   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hello everyone!

Welcome to the forum Rohan. It's always good to see youngsters joining. The Zen is an iconic car. I have had the privilege to drive a very well kept carburetted Zen belonging to a close friend and bhpian, and thoroughly enjoyed it. There's a sense of purity to these old cars that no new car can come close to.

It's also good to see your father trusts your driving. In my case, I have to explicitly ask him to take the shotgun seat even after 2+ years and around 5-7K km of driving experience under my belt.

Here's to hoping you succeed in giving your crush a lift from college and things only get better post that

Cheers
vishy76 is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks