Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2007, 02:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

<Newbie Alert> IronWolf Baleno Bangalore <Newbie Alert>

Joining Team-Bhp
I have been a silent observer of the Team-Bhp forums for over 6 months.
The information sharing and the camaraderie is amazing.

The reason I did not join earlier is cause I had a 1995 Esteem which I felt was not worthy of the Team-BHP Garage or Gallery. Not that its a jalopy. Engine is in pristine condition and its got a mod a KnN which has helped it reach 145kmph.

Anyway did not seem right, however... Now that I bought a well maintained used Baleno LXi, I got the urge to join Team-Bhp, to be part of the community.

IronWolf
The login / call name stems from my long standing passion for Iron Maiden. I'm 27 yrs old with a 5 day week job, that pays the bills.

Passions include, Hard/Classic Rock / Live Shows, FPS games, Driving , Riding.

Current Garage!
'04 Baleno VXi, '97 Yamaha RX100, '95 Esteem VX.

Future Garage! (Realistic/Practical/Possible)
Baleno VXi, Yamaha RX100,
Mahindra MM540 (With huge iron bumpers for Bangy Autos), Enfield Electra, 600cc + Sports bike.

Garage on Cloud 9!
Baleno VXi, Yamaha RX100, BMW M5, Aston Martin Vanquish S, Porsche Carrera GT, Audi RS4,[COLOR=#333333] Lamborghini Miura (197X something), Nissan Skyline, BRABUS tuned CL Coupe (Eventhough I hate the boring mercs), Toyota Supra (Why did they stop manufacturing you??), Dodge Ram 1500, [/COLOR]Kawasaki ZX 10R, Ducatti 999/1098, Yamaha R1.... can I add more to the list later? <drool>

Membership!

I have seen a Baleno or 2 in Bangalore with team-bhp stickers on them. There was a itch to go up to them and chat up (esp to ask which is better to buy the Baleno/City OHC).. since I was not a member I did not 'make a move'... however now that I have a decent ride and the login, it would be nice to bump into the banglore team-bhp boys whose posts I have been reading for quite a while now.

Some interesting threads which helped my decision for the Baleno over a OHC >

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ot-2-days.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ns-please.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...up-baleno.html

If you are in Bangalore and you see me on my Civic Red - Yamaha Rx100 (Red Rossi replica Helmet) with TN Registration which says <Running Free>.. do ride / drive along side and say "Hi" / "Team-Bhp"

The Baleno looks like an average Family Sedan >> Gerrrrrr NOT FOR LONG !!

IronWolf
Old 20th June 2007, 07:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice intro,..welcome to the forum.

Baleno with t-bhp stickers in bangalore??Could have only been mclarens or mine.Any thing else you saw on those cars??
Old 20th June 2007, 09:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice intro. Welcome to the forum from another Baleno-bhpian.

BTW, we love cars here and any make/model of them. So nothing is less worthy or so. And infact an Esteem is pretty popular here BTW. Nice car IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf
If you are in Bangalore and you see me on my Civic Red - Yamaha Rx100 (Red Rossi replica Helmet) with TN Registration which says <Running Free>.. do ride / drive along side and say "Hi" / "Team-Bhp"
I am surprised you manage to run around in Bangy with a TN registered vehicle. Hmmm. From what I heard the cops are pretty strict with out of state vehicles.
Old 20th June 2007, 09:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ironwolf , Nice intro bro .. Welcome to the team. Hope u have a great stay here. Will surely keep a lookout for u .
Cheers !
Old 20th June 2007, 11:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Dude!

Here at TBHP its all about automobile [FONT=&quot]enthusiasts. no matter what one once but what matters is how much one is passionate about it(Automobiles).

btw i know many esteems(old) which are still rocking the road

[/FONT]
Old 20th June 2007, 11:50   #6
BHPian

Welcome to team BHP, A very well written intro indeed. Nice to know we have one more Baleno member in Bangalore, Baleno might looks like an average Family Sedan but I guess its’s what under the hood that makes it different from other cars.

Cheers
Hellcat
Old 20th June 2007, 12:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome.. Nice to know that u bought a Baleno too.. How much did u pay for it?
Old 20th June 2007, 13:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome home mate. Now we have another member in BBC. Nice Intro, have fun here

Quote:
Garage on Cloud 9!
Baleno VXi, Yamaha RX100, BMW M5, Aston Martin Vanquish S, Porsche Carrera GT, Audi RS4,Lamborghini Miura (197X something), Nissan Skyline, BRABUS tuned CL Coupe (Eventhough I hate the boring mercs), Toyota Supra (Why did they stop manufacturing you??), Dodge Ram 1500,Kawasaki ZX 10R, Ducatti 999/1098, Yamaha R1.... can I add more to the list later? <drool>
Please add an APE also to the list. Makes it complete
Old 20th June 2007, 15:40   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Come on, you should have walked up to the team-bhp car and asked. If anything, mclaren would have given you a serious sales-pitch on the Baleno!! Amusing introduction (and signature).

Welcome aboard. Please do go through the board rules to get familiar with our board protocol.
Old 20th June 2007, 15:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay...
Old 20th June 2007, 16:04   #11
BHPian

Hey no car's 'not worthy' of team-bhp. You'll find a lot of awesome stuff on modding Balenos. Enjoy.
Old 20th June 2007, 23:40   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Nice intro,..welcome to the forum.

Baleno with t-bhp stickers in bangalore??Could have only been mclarens or mine.Any thing else you saw on those cars??
The last time I saw the t-bhp sticker was on a Silver Baleno parked in the basement of Garuda Mall, this was either last Wednesday or Thrusday last week. (12th/13th)... No sure if this was binz, mclaren or rjstyles69.

Quote:
I am surprised you manage to run around in Bangy with a TN registered vehicle. Hmmm. From what I heard the cops are pretty strict with out of state vehicles.
Thats the thrill of riding it to work and back; apart from skimming through bangy traffic.

Quote:
Please add an APE also to the list. Makes it complete
rjstyles69, I'm not sure what an APE is, but really got an itch to add more to the list .

Quote:
GTO : Come on, you should have walked up to the team-bhp car and asked. If anything, mclaren would have given you a serious sales-pitch on the Baleno!! Amusing introduction (and signature).
Thanks GTO, I was actually expecting that you would notice the MM540 in my wishlist. Any idea if the army sells off its XDP version to public? if not where could I get one?

Quote:
Welcome aboard. Please do go through the board rules to get familiar with our board protocol.
YES SIR! DONE SIR!... On a serious note, already went through the announcements section before my intro post. + Awesome job moderating.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome !!
Old 20th June 2007, 23:56   #13
Senior - BHPian

Cant be me coz I dont have a t-bhp sticker with me as yet. Must be mclaren.

And this is what I meant by APE. Sorry me bad, should have mentioned Piaggio APE .

Old 21st June 2007, 00:06   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
And this is what I meant by APE. Sorry me bad, should have mentioned Piaggio APE .
Or rjstyle69 APE, the ones you climb trees with. I have a fair idea that is what Ironwolf was thinking of.
Old 21st June 2007, 01:22   #15
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Welcome to the baleno fan club and tbhp Ironwolf. Nice intro there.

Btw, the next time you spot any car with TBHP sticker don't hesitate to come up and talk to them. Most of the members that I know of are really friendly.

Riju, it wasn't me. I just returned from coimby sometime back, car is still not back.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed