Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2022, 20:43   #1

Feels great to be here!

Hello Team!

My name is Vaibhav. I am from Pune and currently work in Bangalore in VLSI field.

I have always been in awe of vehicles. As a 6-7 year old kid, I used to pull the accelerator of my father’s Chetak while standing in front (of course father keeping a tab on it so that little palms don’t turn the passion into tragedy). And then I’d tell everyone that i rode the scooter upon reaching home. As I grew older, I’d persistently request my father to buy a Hero Honda motorcycle. CD100 was as big as Fireblade back then(well I’m 36 so you can imagine). That was an era of Street Hawk( a tv serial with a rider dressed in black gears owning a superbike). And I’d dream myself riding a bike just like him. As I reached 3rd-4th standard, I learnt riding my mother’s Kinetic Luna. It used to be just 20-30 meters of ride under strict surveillance of my mother. But boy-o-boy, what fun it was!

Years passed and my father bought me my first bike when I entered college. Hero Honda Ambition! Rode that bike throughout college and then we sold it when I moved to Mumbai for post-grad.

And now comes my first bike that I bought with my own money. After working for a while, I managed to buy Bajaj V15, right when it was launched. That bike is still my work horse.

Few months back, the Street Hawk dream was achieved. I bought CBR 650R! Unfortunately, my father couldn’t see this bike of mine. He left us in 2019. And I hope he’s watching me riding it.

I know I have stretched the introduction a bit, but i couldn’t restrict myself from sharing this with the Team. I’m glad that i was accepted to be a part of the community, and I’m here to learn, contribute, and have fun with you all. Hope to meet the Team soon!

Vaibhav
vvaibhav10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 22:46   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Feels great to be here!

Welcome to the forum Vaibhav. The CBR650R is a great bike. Plenty of ownership reviews on the forum. Just shows what sort of an all-rounder it is. Would love to have a review from your end too

Thanks for the elaborate introduction. Hoping to see you out on the forum soon

Cheers
Old 2nd July 2022, 19:58   #3

Hey @vish76
Thanks for the warm welcome sir.
You just read my mind. I have been thinking about it for a while, just don’t want to inundate the forum with repeated information plus I have not really gathered much experience with it since I recently bought it. But a post about buying experience/journey is surely on the way. Not sure if that helps anyone but such posts have always been inspiring for me. I hope it propels at least one person towards converting the dream to a goal.
Old 2nd July 2022, 20:05   #4

And really sorry for that typo! I missed the “y” in vishy76
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks