Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2007, 01:42   #1

Good-day Mumbai (and the rest of India!)

Greetings everyone!

I'm a Canadian enthusiast, from the Ottawa area. And although I'm not Indian, I enjoy Indian food, Indian music and your very unique car scene!

Speaking of unique, I drive a (JDM) Nissan Fairlady Z Twin Turbo...not as cool as a Hindustan Ambassador...ya, ya, I know!

Looking forward to hanging out with you guys and sharing in some of my interests!

Cheers!

BG
Old 24th June 2007, 10:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum. The title made me think you were in Mumbai...
Anyway have a great time on the forum, im sure you will.

Drifter
Old 24th June 2007, 11:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

welcome to the forum and do go through the announcement section before posting.
Old 24th June 2007, 12:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Tincap (Interesting nick!) and hope you have a great time here.

Now about this 350Z TT (Yeah, yeah I know it's called the Uglylady or something in Japan We both know how great the Japs are with English names!!) can we have more details please? Like Pics, Specs, What turbos etc.?

Us power-deprived souls would very much like that!!
Old 24th June 2007, 12:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP, Tincap. Out of interest - what brought you here?
Old 26th June 2007, 10:26   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Welcome to TBHP, Tincap. Out of interest - what brought you here?
Ah, it was Youtube which brought me here...a neat little 'road trip' clip involving a Skoda Octavia, Hyundai Accent and a rockin' Hindustan Contessa. There was the link at the end and...voila!

I'm a real car nut and have an interest in cars from all around the world...I find India's scene to be unique and interesting!

BG
Old 26th June 2007, 10:41   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincap View Post
Ah, it was Youtube which brought me here...a neat little 'road trip' clip involving a Skoda Octavia, Hyundai Accent and a rockin' Hindustan Contessa. There was the link at the end and...voila!
Aah...the answer to exactly the question i was going to ask!
(Though i somehow expected PmDawg and canada gang to be responsible for your presence.)

As for the real culprits, (it was a drive to Goa) you can read about them more in these threads >

Goa 2006 Video

Pics / Meet - GOA Report

Welcome aboard.
R

ps - What kind of animation design are you into?

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th June 2007 at 10:44.
Old 26th June 2007, 10:46   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Welcome to the forum Tincap (Interesting nick!) and hope you have a great time here.

Now about this 350Z TT (Yeah, yeah I know it's called the Uglylady or something in Japan We both know how great the Japs are with English names!!) can we have more details please? Like Pics, Specs, What turbos etc.?

Us power-deprived souls would very much like that!!
OK, here's a shot or two (OK...3 ) of the 'Lady.

It's a stock (unmodified) twin turbo, which I've bought online, at auction in Japan (A very interesting and exciting process...).

They have been available in Canada, but generally the mileage and (rust free) condition of the cars from Japan are a big drawing point...not to mention the coolness factor of the RHD (right-hand drive)!

BG
Old 26th June 2007, 11:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hey I assumed wrong, it's a 300ZX! Nice car & very well maintained there Tin! And a lovely traditional, old-fashioned background too!

Quote:
It's a stock (unmodified) twin turbo, which I've bought online, at auction in Japan (A very interesting and exciting process...).

They have been available in Canada, but generally the mileage and (rust free) condition of the cars from Japan are a big drawing point...not to mention the coolness factor of the RHD (right-hand drive)!
Do tell us more about this auction process, should be interesting! And you're serious about RHD being cool there? That's the first time I heard such a thing!

Last edited by iraghava : 26th June 2007 at 11:11.
Old 26th June 2007, 11:24   #10

Quote:
Hey I assumed wrong, it's a 300ZX! Nice car & very well maintained there Tin! And a lovely traditional, old-fashioned background too!

Do tell us more about this auction process, should be interesting! And you're serious about RHD being cool there? That's the first time I heard such a thing!
Ya, thanx man! Always loved the z32 and yes...RHD is cool in Canada (It's the JDM thing...I'm sure fellow BHP members from the 'Canadian Club' can vouch for that...:P), but only in certain cars of course. Not too sure how well an RHD Volvo would rock the socks. LOL!

The bottom 2 pix were taken in the front of my house...

There are a number of ways to go through the auction process. I'll post up some links and info latter (It's pushing 2am here...and the coyotes are howling at the 1/2 moon).

BG
Old 26th June 2007, 12:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ya, thanx man! Always loved the z32 and yes...RHD is cool in Canada (It's the JDM thing...I'm sure fellow BHP members from the 'Canadian Club' can vouch for that...:P), but only in certain cars of course. Not too sure how well an RHD Volvo would rock the socks. LOL!

The bottom 2 pix were taken in the front of my house...

There are a number of ways to go through the auction process. I'll post up some links and info latter (It's pushing 2am here...and the coyotes are howling at the 1/2 moon).
Yeah, a RHD Volvo wagon would be hilarious, I'm sure!! And the last pics is fantastic, looks like you live a bit away from the city.

And no rush with the auction sites, it's not that we can buy & import a car easily anyways! So take your time.
Old 26th June 2007, 22:41   #12

Quote:

And no rush with the auction sites, it's not that we can buy & import a car easily anyways! So take your time.
Yes, the regulations and taxation, certainly differ from country to country, don't they? Currently in Canada, one can import any car which is 15 years old (although that may soon change...to 25 years old ). No compliance, or heavy import duties are involved. It must simply pass provincial safety regulations and emissions testing, before it's allowed on the road...just like any other used car.

There seems to be a number of your neighbours (the Pakistanis) who are heavily involved with the JDM export/import business, but (besides the politics!) I'm sure their regulations differ greatly from those which apply in India. Sri Lanka too, appears to have a nice little JDM scene.

BG
Old 27th June 2007, 01:19   #13
Senior - BHPian

Yes, we have massive restricitions & problems because we have a big domestic Automotive industry which the Govt. is trying to protect atleast until the WTO agreement kicks into place. Because of that & of course pressure from the Industry Lobby importing cars into India by individuals is difficult (not so for auto companies though) and importing used cars is virtually impossible.

It's different in Pakistan/SL because they don't have a domestic car industry & this have to rely on imports only, so their govt. doesn't have much options.

Just to put things in perspective, Import Duty on a new car in India is over 100% of the car's value!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed