Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2007, 19:58   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Lost, Lonely and Looking for Love

Hello Team-BHPians,

I’m lost, lonely and looking for love. Oops, sorry, thought this was the LonelyHearts forum.

Just kidding.

I’m Arun, and my opening line shows my expertise in PJs. Dreadful, I know.

I’m a 25-year old working in Bangalore as an IT professional. I came across Team-BHP a couple of months back when I was Googling information on the Getz. Since then, I’ve visited on and off. The past two months I’ve been on it nearly daily (to the detriment of my work!) as my deadline for purchasing a car nears…

And this is because I drive a Kinetic Nova. Two wheeler + Bangalore monsoons = wet clothes.

I love driving in the rain on a 2-wheeler. It’s the entering home, drying off and cleaning the floor part that I hate.

Add to this inaction from BMP (B’lore civic authority) means that roads/underpasses are often flooded.

So: I’m hopping around on TBHP seeking information on which car to purchase. But then, that’s another post for another forum.

My interests are in reading fiction, occasionally non-fiction (science, astronomy, history). I enjoy listening to rock and metal, and on occasion some new-age stuff. I enjoy music to the point that I use an MP3 player while driving my scooter. I know, I know, at this rate I’ll probably qualify for a Darwin award.

I enjoy driving my Nova spiritedly in the city, secure in the knowledge that the worst damage I can inflict will probably be on me.

I enjoy doing road trips. Nothing better than cruising on a highway with either 1] good music 2] good talking company 3] both 1 and 2. Currently, in my circle of friends, only few own cars, so I can’t regularly keep suggesting long trips, especially as they’re petrol vehicles. But just you wait until I get my car.

Most of my 4-wheeler driving has been in the hills of Nilgiris, with a few hundred km on highways (courtesy the above-mentioned friends). I’m quite a newbie on city roads, and Bangalore is a harsh teacher, it appears.

Cars my parents own/owned and that I’ve driven are: 800 (the one launched around ’86, learnt driving in this one when I was 12), MM540, Zen (not the Estilo abomination!), Armada, Esteem; and currently ’07 800, ’05 Santro XG and Safari 2x4 (not the DICOR).

Cars that I like (based on looks) are the Getz, Cedia, Palio Sport, Mondeo, Sonata (odd, yeah!), Laura. Laura aside, I know I have a big-time crush on unpopular models. I need therapy.

The cars I’d most like to own are those just out of my budget: the Verna CRDi, Octavia and the Cedia. Let me not get greedy here and start dreaming of Mercs and Audis, Veyrons and Koenigseggs.

So, that’s it from my end… be seeing you in the “What Car” forum.

Ta.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2007, 21:03   #2
BHPian

hey thats a nice intro do make it to the meets where there is a lot of highway cruising.
Old 27th June 2007, 21:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice intro Arun....Welcome aboard.!

Have a pleasant stay here.

Cheers
Old 27th June 2007, 21:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Arun -That was a fantastic intro & one of the best that I've read in recent times! Keep up the good work and it's a pleasure to have you here!

However, do remember to read the rules & regulations of the board! (Though, looking at your intro, I suspect you've already done that!)
Old 27th June 2007, 21:25   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful Intro!! Right from the catchy title (I was wondering who's putting me out of a job here) to the clean and interesting introduction that I read with a grin.

Welcome to Team-BHP. Enjoy your stay here.

While you won't see me in the "What-Car" section, you'll see me around, especially if you wander into the ICE section. I look forward to some interaction with you then.

Welcome Arun. I hope you have a good time and make lots of friends.
Old 27th June 2007, 21:34   #6
BHPian

Hey Arun, Welcome on board, hope our match makers are able to hook you up to your love eghh.. Right Car (Thats why u came hear right)

Take car, happy driving
Old 27th June 2007, 21:37   #7
Team-BHP Support

Very nice intro Arun. Welcome to team-bhp. Enjoy your stay here.

You'll find plenty of advice in the What car section based on your needs.

Cheers
Old 27th June 2007, 21:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Arun -That was a fantastic intro & one of the best that I've read in recent times!

I second that, one of the most fantastic intros for a long long time & i mean there have been terrific ones in between too. Straight from the heart & we all love it.
Quote:
I love driving in the rain on a 2-wheeler. It’s the entering home, drying off and cleaning the floor part that I hate.
Isn't that what i hate too ???? well, not exactly me, my wife hates that, since i am married.
Old 27th June 2007, 21:50   #9
Senior - BHPian

Terrific Intro

Welcome to Team BHP. Here you'll find a lot of stuff you can flirt with, and hopefully decide which one suits you best.

Look forward to hearing more from you on the forum. With or without cars.
Old 27th June 2007, 22:14   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Arun, thats a nice intro. So why don't we meet up soon for a drive, a few of us can make you narrow down your choices a lot simpler you know .
Old 27th June 2007, 22:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard Arun! Great intro
Hope you have fun here, and learn a bit while you're at it. I sure did, and still am!
Old 27th June 2007, 23:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

Very catchy tag line to the intro. Instant attention grabbing I must say.

Nice intro there and welcome to the forum. This is definately not a Lonely hearts club as you can see

Hope we can help you make that decision on what car to buy and do go through the Announcements section before proceeding further.
Old 27th June 2007, 23:18   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Cars that I like (based on looks) are the Getz, Cedia, Palio Sport, Mondeo, Sonata (odd, yeah!), Laura. Laura aside, I know I have a big-time crush on unpopular models. I need therapy.

The cars I’d most like to own are those just out of my budget: the Verna CRDi, Octavia and the Cedia. Let me not get greedy here and start dreaming of Mercs and Audis, Veyrons and Koenigseggs.

So, that’s it from my end… be seeing you in the “What Car” forum.

Ta.

Nice to find another Cedia lover . I love mine more than anything else in this world. Welcome aboard!
Old 28th June 2007, 00:40   #14
BANNED

Woah! That is a hell of an intro! Just great bro.
Hi and welcome onboard.

Hope you enjoy the twisty and curvy ride thru team-BHP!
Old 28th June 2007, 01:12   #15
BHPian

Hey Arun! nice intro man!!
BTW you can very well look for LOVE in here.. Just that we guys love (apart from what all humans do) things of metal that run on rubber...

So happy finding your love in here.. ATB.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks