Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2007, 16:55   #1
BHPian

Gypsy driving a Gypsy

Hello everyone,

This is Arun from Noida. Am right in the middle side of 30s. Embedded software is what I do for a living - atleast that is what I claim at home.

Have been a regular visitor to team-bhp the last two months. Having seen lots of other groups, I really appreciate the moderators here who ensure "everything" remains within limits.

As with so many others, googling is what lead me to team-bhp. However, it was not googling for cars - it was googling for treks and travelogues. There is an amazing amount of information in that section. Which leads to my interests which are trekking and travel besides gadgets. Have travelled extensively in North India - Himachal, Uttaranchal and Rajasthan. Most of the trekking has been in Uttaranchal. Travelling to the CharDhams in hired taxis and buses did help in making me religious - atleast for the duration of that trip !!

Well as the title says, I drive a Gypsy King 2000 - the first lot of MPFI Kings. Three years into owning it (and incidentally, three years into marriage), was at cross roads - either to move over to a sedan or add creature comforts in the King. Took the road less travelled - got A/C fitted in, got radials, got some suspensions tweaks done, threw out the bench at the back and put bucket seats, changed the front seats for better support etc - to make it family friendly. For me, I got a K&N fitted. Now they (wife and one daughter) have got used to the nice bumpy Gypsy ride. Over 80kmph, the engine acts as the ICE as well. Recently, got a 2nd hand Matiz as well - for wifey and also in case our backs are having a bad day.

Cars (??) that I like are usually the ones that sell less than 100 units a month - atleast that is what people tell me. Palio Adventure, Palio 1.6, Fusion and Indigo Marina being examples of that. Having driven/test-driven a lot of cars, the ones that I loved driving were the usual suspects - Ikon 1.6, Baleno, OHC, Palio etc. Besides the costly SUVs, i would love to own a Cedia.

Cheers and See you when I see you (or should that be post?).
Old 28th June 2007, 17:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi and Welcome to the forum.

The Gyspy has been one of my all time favourite off roaders in India. And you have the King. Creature comforts aside thats one capable machine

But I see you have done your bit and had your cake and ate it too. Hope you have a great time here and your favourite driver's cars seem to be a favourite among us too.

Do go through the Annoucements section before proceeding further.
Old 28th June 2007, 18:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum from another gypsy fan.
Have a good time.

Drifter
Old 29th June 2007, 09:48   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Three years into owning it (and incidentally, three years into marriage), was at cross roads - either to move over to a sedan or add creature comforts in the King. Took the road less travelled - got A/C fitted in, got radials, got some suspensions tweaks done, threw out the bench at the back and put bucket seats, changed the front seats for better support etc - to make it family friendly.
Smart move! Dont really find too many who experiment with their car choices but guess thats what makes 'em a different breed.

Welcome aboard enygma. Please do review the board rules to familiarise yourself with our forum protocol.
Old 29th June 2007, 10:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi Arun, welcome to the forum! Guess what, you're not the only Gypsy King owner from Noida here! We have another by the name of Captainpings who has a lovingly maintained Gypsy King too!

See you around!
Old 29th June 2007, 10:27   #6
Team-BHP Support

welkome aboard enygma, good balancing act you have
Old 29th June 2007, 15:47   #7
BHPian

Welcome to team-bhp enygma. Why don't u post some pics of ur gypsy, after all gypsy is somthing which we get to see rarely these days ....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed