Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2007, 17:07   #1
BHPian

Hi all,

Hi friends,
My name is Dr.Abhay Shah, and i m frm Mumbai.
I have a Santro Zip Plus 2002 model which has clocked 72,500 kms till date.

I have intalled Autoclutch from Automate a few months back, and have found it to be ok.

I have converted my car to CNG (Open loop) Bedini Kit from Shrimankar, Mumbai, when it had clocked 58,500 kms, for Rs.39,500 including the Timing Advance processor.
The performance of the kit has so far been good, except for that i had to manually do the setting of the CNG system a couple of times whenever my car used to suffer from slight "missing" or "mis-firing".
The average i am getting on CNG is between 14-16 km/kg in city traffic with 100% AC on.
And on long routes i get between 19-20.5 kms/kg with 100% AC on.

But due to repeated problems with the manual setting being changed on its own, i am considering to convert my CNG system to a CLOSED-LOOP one by installing a LAMBDA CONTROL UNIT.

I have met the concerned people at Shrimankar, and they have quoted me Rs.9k for the conversion frm open loop to closed loop, as the entire wiring will have to be changed due to the difference in both the systems.

I just want to ask if anyone here at team-bhp has a CLOSED LOOP CNG system in their Santro, and is the Closed loop better than Open loop in terms of performance and mileage?

Regards,
Dr.Abhay Shah.
Old 1st July 2007, 21:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Dr..

Welcome abroad to the forum....Enjoy the stay here. I'am not well aware of the system you have written about...but somebody will definately give their views about the same.....
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:47   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to Team-BHP, Dr Shah. Those are pretty extensive modifications you have done. How about a detailed review on the autoclutch in the "modifications" forum. Your CNG query may already have an answer here : linky.

Please do read the board rules to understand our forum protocol.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed