Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2022, 23:37   #1

Hello Team

Hello All,

I am Subham Sonar, residing in Bangalore from last 12 years (Higher Education and job). My hometown is Kolkata.

My love for 2 wheeler riding started way back in 2007-08. It started actually long back when my Dad had a Bajaj Chetak. I have never been comfortable riding a scooter and till the time we had the scooter, I wasn't able to ride it even though I knew how to ride a 2w.

My bike riding learning experience was a very simple one. I learned 2w riding on a Yamaha Libero with the help of my cousin. I kept switching between 2 bikes, the other being Hero Honda Passion Pro.

Post that once I came to Bangalore in 2010, I kept using my college friends bike On nd Off to keep the touch going. Riding in a city is whole lot different than my earlier bike riding experience. Pulsar, Fz, CB Stunner all were in the mix in college days as and when required.

In 2011, my roommate bought a 2nd hand FZs (2010 made) and we used it equally. That bike gave me a lot of confidence as I was now very regular with bike rides. City tours, Interview visits post college completion, short rides, office commutes FZs was there for everything.

My first bike came in 2016 when I bought a 2009 manufactured Pulsar 220F (2nd hand, from my college classmate). I knew how he maintained that bike and that's the reason I didn't hesitate to purchase it when he was selling it in lieu of a RC390.

I nicknamed it as Spaceship due to the semi-fairing and black color. It had clocked around 63k kms from 2010 to 2016. It was used very well and hence the age didn't show up much except few fairing rattles.

As my friend was very much attached to that bike, he gave me very useful yet simple tips to maintain. Often he used to call up and ask how the bike is performing.

I used it to the core. Daily commutes, short rides, long rides, mild off-roads. I have loved my time with the Spaceship. I was already familiar with the power delivery so life wasn't too tough. But then after riding for about 4-5 years I felt the need to upgrade.

I had already clocked 50k kms from July 2016 to Oct 2019.
Some frequent visits to service centers due to small niggles hampered the bike's run but nonetheless kept running.

I was eyeing for an upgrade and had always wanted the Dominar from the same stable. In 2019, when Bajaj updated the Dominar 400 with some more features and performance, it was an instant decision that an upgrade from 220 to 400 would be perfect.

But then Covid hit and we were stuck inside for most part of 2020 and couple of months in 2021 as well. I had already made up my mind upgrade. Initially in 2020 I planned the change but due to Covid and so much uncertainty I postponed the bike upgrade.

In January 2021, I parted ways with my Spaceship. By that time I clocked around another 14k kms. Didn't scrap it but one of my colleague's brother was looking for 2w for regular use and he didn't want to spend much money in getting a new one during that time. I was happy to help him with my bike.

In July 2021, I purchased a Dominar, not the 400, but a 250... !!

It's different story but let's keep it for another thread
subham_sonar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 13:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello Team

Hello subham_sonar. Welcome to the forum. Do share pictures of your Dominar. Please write an ownership review of the bike as well. I am sure many would love to read it.
ChiragM is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 15:19   #3

Sure, I will post the review soon along with the pics.
Old 7th November 2022, 15:58   #4

Is there a different thread to post ownership reviews ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks