Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2022, 13:08   #1
BANNED

Hello Everyone

While i have been reading on BHP for the last decade, i have never joined it formally. So i took the plunge finally.

I owned a 2010 Chevrolet Cruze before upgrading to a Skoda Superb in 2018, 1.8 TSI Automatic.

I plan to sell and buy a new car or buy an additional EV in the next year. Happy to hear about the Skoda Superb and give my opinions too.
KnightRider84 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 17:32   #2

Re: Hello Everyone

Hi @knightrider84, welcome to the forum. You've got an awesome car for yourself. Superb, as the name says, is a *superb* car. Will be eager to know about your car and your experience with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider84 View Post
I plan to sell and buy a new car or buy an additional EV in the next year.
Can you please elaborate a more about your needs and also the budget you have for it.
Old 25th November 2022, 14:37   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by @torquistic View Post
Hi @knightrider84, welcome to the forum. You've got an awesome car for yourself. Superb, as the name says, is a *superb* car. Will be eager to know about your car and your experience with it.

Can you please elaborate a more about your needs and also the budget you have for it.
Well, i am in two minds -

Honestly, if there was an EV version of Superb, i would readily buy it.

Else, if its going to be petrol/diesel based cars, i am good with Sedan/SUV (not the large SUVs) which come at an attractive value proposition.
Old 25th November 2022, 14:41   #4
BANNED

Talking of the Superb -

a. Super Spacious Interiors
b. Great features which you might get only in high end cars
c. Great response and pickup - even in the automatic drive mode (Sports Mode is a league apart)
d. I dont know how would i do without the boot space offered in the Superb. I have not seen any car or SUV with the bootspace available on this car.
e. Low maintenance in the initial years.

Cons -
a. As you would expect, low mileage, around 10 in city and 13 odd on highways.
b. Some notorious elements such as the DQ200 gearbox, failure of ABS system etc. These could happen and its a matter of chance.
c. Spares and usually if you get it done from the garage is pretty costly compared to other cars and non Skoda garages.
d. No wireless car play
Old 26th November 2022, 19:24   #5
BANNED

I tried searching the various threads on TeamBHP for a reliable FNG or mechanic in Kochi, however I am not able to.
If someone is able to mention of any good FNGs or automobile workshops especially catering to high end cars including Skodas, it would be simply great.

Thank you in advance.
Old 26th November 2022, 22:40   #6
BHPian

Welcome onboard! Great to have you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider84 View Post
Skoda Superb in 2018, 1.8 TSI Automatic.

I plan to sell and buy a new car or buy an additional EV in the next year. Happy to hear about the Skoda Superb and give my opinions too.
As someone who has a Superb in the garage (2021 L&K 2.0 TSI), I can tell you that it's going to quite difficult to upgrade from, unless you have the budget to go straight for a 530d or something similar.

You can keep it fresh for a long time by performing some VCDS mods on it. Just some information from my end that I thought might be helpful.

Good luck with your decision and hope to see you around here soon.
Old 4th December 2022, 10:48   #7
BHPian

Introducing myself

Hello everyone. I'm Akash from Hyderabad. I've been an automotive enthusiast from a young age. I pursued BBA in Management Accounting. Driving is something I love the most in my life.

I've eagerly waited to grow up soon because I can get to drive. I started learning about cars when I was around ten years old. I started driving when I was 15, nearby my house, in my dad's i-vtec 2011 Honda City. I practised every day for one hour till I was 16 years old. I've been on many road trips since childhood with my family, and once I got my driver's licence, I drove to Chennai, Mumbai, Goa, Banglore, and Kabini.

Recently I've been on a solo road trip to Bombay and Goa. My solitary road trip post is coming soon.
Old 4th December 2022, 11:32   #8
BANNED

Hi Every one
I am Pragyaal and a Motor enthusiast.
I own a Ford Ecosport and Royal Enfield Interceptor 650, before this also i had few moto Motors. I like mainly tweaking and customizing electronic stuff of vehicles like hacking into Sync 3 console or even trying to control some stuff through OBD sensor.
I also customized my bike and made a gear shift indicator for Interceptor 650
I love long rides
pragyaal is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks