Team-BHP - Research led me to my long lost brothers.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Research led me to my long lost brothers. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/26033-research-led-me-my-long-lost-brothers.html)

Hi bros,
My fav car movie is chitty chitty bang bang. hence the name.

My family has been thinking of buy a new car and so i took on the job of online research. All I wanted was info on a good diesel option within an 8 lac budget but somehow whenever I come to this site i get so excited i start reading all the posts. Its just so much fun and has much more info than any other place. You guys ignited the car lover in me. Feels more at home when i am on this site. The views are more real and direct and the opinions are clear. Well I intend to get a lot more involved now that i have signed up and i will participate more proactively.

I am currently owning a Zen. Just recently sold my lancer ( my heart). Its difficult to give away something so close. I intend to buy a diesel sedan more to experience the CRDI than the economical reasons. But need to convince my dad that its worth a buy. So i sort of show him a lot of your posts and discuss options with him.

We dont want to compromise on safetly but somehow i am very dissapointed that most diesel options have a lot of cost cutting done of safety to keep the vehicel still feasible. I think the verna has a good engine but then doesnt feel VFM. while the Sx4 is a stylo car but i feel they will intro a diesel with it and so not sure if i should go for a low FE Sx4.

the fiesta is suddenly looking a little old to me. DO others feel the same? Will Aveo have a diesel coming out? WHen will the Fiat punto come out? So many questions. Besides all this. Whats the best VFM when the M in this case is 8 lacs?
So friends really looking forward to a lot of posts.

Welcome Chitty, or is that Mr. Bang.

Spacing out your posts and creating paragraphs would make it a lot easier for us to read. Also do go through the announcements page here and remember to do a search for existing threads before you start posting.

chittybang
Welcome on T-bhp .
Enjoy !

no offence whenever u pass by a chinese street pirated DVD shop in London, they refer to 'xxx' as 'chitty chitty bang bang' ;)

Welcome to T-BHP ... or should I say one of the finest automobile forum in the country (well maybe world ... who knows)

Hey there..welcome to T-BHP and great to know that you want to buy a CRDi+TD(i hope) for the expierience and not just for the FE. Go for it...the sheer low-end torque compared to petrol cars will make it worthwhile..!

;)

welcome chitty and Diesel Sedan at 8 lakhs is pretty confusing, i did travel the same route and landed up with a hatch lol.

I test drove the tata indigo dicor, fiesta, and logan diesel. Also checked out the verna ( they didnt have a ready test drive car).

Now I didnt like the indgo dicor. It felt very raw and still very diesel.
The Mahindra Renault logan behaved well but I felt like a third world orphan been offered bread for the price of a cake with a big smile and a pat on my back. Too many things seem compromised.

The fiesta impressed me. I am not into how much torque and power etc. I wanted a good package. I wasnt planning for a drag race or the F1. The refinement impressed me in all aspects. My concern was a lot of bad reviews about the service but ford is offering a good extended warranty option. I still need to read the fine print.( I intend to do so)

So I am considering the fiesta but still not sure if i should go for th zxi or the sxi. The sxi has the ABS which i feel is something that should be made compulsory in all cars.

The limited edition option is tempting me but then again the price does pinch. I saw on the wasan ford site that even Zxi has an optional ABS. Is this true? Bhavna ford said that there isnt any such option.
Anyone got any clue about that?

Chitty chitty bang bang is the original car movie. You must see it if you still havent and surely I am not reffering to the chinese street DVD option.