Team-BHP - Namaste to Team BHP
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Namaste to Team BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/26091-namaste-team-bhp.html)

Hi everyone,

After lurking around here for sometime during research period of buying a car... I decided to join Team BHP. This is certainly a must join community for anything related to Indian auto scene.

My name is Amit & I am from Delhi. I am a Search Engine & Online Marketing Professional (a total Internet techie)....

Hello Amit

Welcome to Team BHP. If you're working on search engines, what took you so long to get here?

Do go through the board rules in the announcements section. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks Steeroid!

Actually I visit almost 100 forums a day to update myself apart from regular work... Internet is a fast moving industry... & specially Search Engines.. It's algo changes almost every 3 months... because of that I am not able to join more communities or become a super active member...

But I always try to give as much back as I take out from a community (Knowledge Wise)

To add & start with I have one CBZ Blue 2001 (done 50k), Royal Enfield Machismo Wine Red 2001 (done 50k) ... U see 2001 was when I entered college & 2005 wen that era got overed...

One fiat 137D (diesel fiat 1996 make) not in working condition right now... dad refusing to sell & we all want to restore it to its original glory with real neat & shining look... One esteem 1996 done 1,50,000 KMS :) (We really use vehicles till it gives up... hehehe never sold a car or scooter to anyone... either it is being used or is given to someone for free (poora choos ke)....

Since biking days are over for regular office up-down.. I wanted to own a car... My daily travel is so much that I can't afford to be on petrol...

So I started to look for a car which has BIG engine & can perform well on road after fitting CNG...

I started with second hand cars first as my budget is not that high... Please mind! its me 23yr old boy buying his very own fist car...

After thinking & researching lot about them I figured it out that... you need to have at least 3 lakhs cash in hand to buy a decent car with 1.5+ liter engine (lancer, baleno etc.) ...

I am having only 1 lakh cash rest wanted to get a finance... The basic problem is that good second cars deals are usually done with individuals but an individual until known will not wait for you to get finance from bank... dealers will wait for you to get the finance but will give you over priced car which has all the defects hidden PLUS they usually reverse the distance meter by at least 20-30000 kms....

Everyone warn me against buying fiat cars... & heard lot of things about fiat palio demanding high maintenance costs, bad after sales service & spare parts shortages etc...

After leaving a second hand car option for two main reason... first the dealer will give bad car which will be overpriced too... second the car will need regular part changes as it will be around 5 yrs old... Currently my income is not that much that I will spend so much money on maintenance...

So I decided to go for a new car... For new car my budget can be raised from 3 lakhs to 4.5 lakhs as I can get loan for longer duration hence same EMI for more duration... Apart from this a new car will not require expense till 3 yrs... By that time my Income would be tripled at least thus can take care of it...

FIAT PALIO STILE 1.6 was the only only car which was in my budget having all things I wanted... A big engine... spacious & comfortable... A new look... having some hope of tata-fiat joint venture I have now decided to buy it....

I have got FIAT PALIO STILE 1.6 (Formula Red) booked on 1/7/2007 & it can take 15 more days for me to get it according to my showroom guy (Dhingra Motors, Gurgaon)... delay will be because of rains...

Dealer said that fiat will be giving approval of fitting CNG by their authorized people without loosing warranty... There is no fixed date about it... but it is likely to be in next 2 moths... I am not sure about it but even I will drive it on petrol for 5000 kms at least... so i have that much time with me...

Rest I hope every thing will be fine with me & I wont be caught in fiat woes... To start with the dealer said after 1 week of booking that they have got email from fiat saying that they have now removed ENGINE IMMOBILIZER FEATURE from 1.6... it will only come in 1.1.... :mad: ... He specially told me that because at the time of booking I specifically told him that I will cross-check each & every feature listed on the papers before taking delivery.... as I have gone through this forum before deciding on the car & people complained about missing leather covers & immobilizer in 1.6....

Price:
Ex Showroom - 4,31952
Insurance - 15,956
Registration (for delhi) - 24500
T.No - 650
Total = 473058

Discount:
Dealer - 13000
Corporate - 4000
Total = 17000/- discount plus mud flaps & foot mats etc...

Effective price for me = 456058 (on road)

Hey there Amit,

Wow, that was long and interesting. Welcome to Team-BHP.

Since you are new, let me offer you some friendly advice. Please don't type with like, a zillion dots, between sentences.

It's not very appreciated on the forum. So please avoid it. Anytime you need any help, just look up the senior guys and they will help you, me included.

Welcome again and I hope you make lots of like minded friends.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 493451)
Hey there Amit,

Wow, that was long and interesting. Welcome to Team-BHP.

Since you are new, let me offer you some friendly advice. Please don't type with like, a zillion dots, between sentences.

It's not very appreciated on the forum. So please avoid it. Anytime you need any help, just look up the senior guys and they will help you, me included.

Welcome again and I hope you make lots of like minded friends.

Thanks for the welcome Sam.