Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2023, 11:56   #1

New member from Visakhapatnam says hi

Hello everyone,
I have been looking forward to being a member of this forum and thank you admins/mods for approving me.
Myself, I hail from Visakhapatnam, the beach city on the east coast of Andhra Pradesh. I am a Doctor (Intensivist/Anaesthetist) by profession and a Web designer by passion.
I have been a car enthusiast and an endurance cyclist, and love to travel places. I previously owned a Fiat Punto and I clocked more than 200k km and currently drive a Renault Kiger which I bought recently with the help of posts and inputs in this forum.
I look forward to making new friends and contributing to the forum.
Thank you.
regards
envira is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 11:37   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: New member from Visakhapatnam says hi

Welcome aboard envira!

You've had some nice cars in your garage. I found the Kiger to be a great all-rounder when I test-drove it in Goa. It's got a nice and punchy turbo petrol and a more comfortable suspension tune than the Nissan Magnite. Felt that the manual was a big letdown (too notchy). I see that you have gone for the CVT variant of which I've only heard good things .

Looking forward to reading about your travel and car experiences on the forum.
Omkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 15:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome envira from Visakhapatnam, I have some fond memories of that place since I started my career from there, some decades ago when the city was more like a town (I remember seeing the first pub open when I was leaving Vizag).

I was there two weeks ago - it has changed a lot.

The hills and beaches make a good combination for driving and riding on the roads!
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 16:14   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by envira View Post
Hello everyone,
I have been looking forward to being a member of this forum and thank you admins/mods for approving me.
Myself, I hail from Visakhapatnam, the beach city on the east coast of Andhra Pradesh. I am a Doctor (Intensivist/Anaesthetist) by profession and a Web designer by passion.
Hi envira,
Good to get to know some one from Vizag here on TeamBHP. Im from Vizag as well. Nice to about your varied interest from medicine to technology to automobiles. Hope you have a great time here on TeamBHP and off it as well.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th January 2023 at 16:32.
IamThat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 16:34   #5
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi,
Welcome to the forum. I have very good friends from Vizag. A couple of Orthodontists and a prosthidontist. Lovely city Vizag and looking forward to see your write-ups here. I am an oral surgeon myself
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 17:49   #6

Hi Envira,

Welcome to this group and wish you good times here.

Taking cue from you, I will also convey that I am also a new member here and will thank the admins for approving my request. From early childhood days I have always been fascinated by cars, including the long state bus journeys to Mama’s place and I would always be sitting on the long seat behind the driver (on my knees) looking at how he was driving, how he would shift the gears. Fortunate to be able to continue this liking while growing up and be able to buy cars for me and family. Started with a humble Alto, Hyundai Accent (2005), Dzire, Vento 1.2 TSI and recently bought Tiguan. I am thankful to the knowledgeable and experienced people here who helped me with the buying decision for Tiguan. Happy to be here with you all and hoping to contribute as well.

Thanks,
JazzyT
JazzyT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 23:38   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Welcome aboard envira!

You've had some nice cars in your garage. I found the Kiger to be a great all-rounder when I test-drove it in Goa. It's got a nice and punchy turbo petrol and a more comfortable suspension tune than the Nissan Magnite. Felt that the manual was a big letdown (too notchy). I see that you have gone for the CVT variant of which I've only heard good things .

Looking forward to reading about your travel and car experiences on the forum.
Thank you for your kind words. Punto was a dream car and I still think it is one of the best hatchbacks that was sold in the Indian market. I am loving the initial ride with Kiger. Yes, turbo petrol with CVT is really fun to drive, but I have just clocked over 700km and to experience its full capabilities I still need to clock more miles. Thanks again, cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Welcome envira from Visakhapatnam, I have some fond memories of that place since I started my career from there, some decades ago when the city was more like a town (I remember seeing the first pub open when I was leaving Vizag).

I was there two weeks ago - it has changed a lot.

The hills and beaches make a good combination for driving and riding on the roads!
Thank you, buddy, Good glad that you lived here, and yes it is a beautiful city and it has changed a lot. Now we have fewer pubs but we have more fun places that you would love, so please do visit again to rekindle your memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamThat View Post
Hi envira,
Good to get to know some one from Vizag here on TeamBHP. Im from Vizag as well. Nice to about your varied interest from medicine to technology to automobiles. Hope you have a great time here on TeamBHP and off it as well.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Thanks mate. Delighted to find a Bhpian from Vizag. Yep, I was into web designing especially, forum designing, and have been well acquainted with forums and stuff for quite a long ago, Now I am devoted totally to medicine. Sure and thank you, buddy, wishing you the same. We should have a discord group or something like that so that we could be in touch regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. I have very good friends from Vizag. A couple of Orthodontists and a prosthidontist. Lovely city Vizag and looking forward to see your write-ups here. I am an oral surgeon myself
Thank you, Dr for your kind words and glad that there are many doctors here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyT View Post
Hi Envira,

Welcome to this group and wish you good times here.

Taking cue from you, I will also convey that I am also a new member here and will thank the admins for approving my request. From early childhood days I have always been fascinated by cars, including the long state bus journeys to Mama’s place and I would always be sitting on the long seat behind the driver (on my knees) looking at how he was driving, how he would shift the gears. Fortunate to be able to continue this liking while growing up and be able to buy cars for me and family. Started with a humble Alto, Hyundai Accent (2005), Dzire, Vento 1.2 TSI and recently bought Tiguan. I am thankful to the knowledgeable and experienced people here who helped me with the buying decision for Tiguan. Happy to be here with you all and hoping to contribute as well.

Thanks,
JazzyT
Thank you buddy and welcome to this forum. You have a really good collection of cars. Happy miles ahead.
Old 20th January 2023, 01:05   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone
Welcome to the forum ! Love Vizag, especially Haritha beach resort and the stunning views from there.

Unfortunately we IT people cannot become a doctor by passion, at least legally
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 05:40   #9
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Hello everyone,
regards
Welcome to forum.
I love Vizag. I was a resident there from 2006 to 2012. I call it as Coimbatore with a beach. Good old memories. I own and currently drive a Punto. Very nice car. How do you feel Kiger over your Punto?
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 19:54   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Welcome to the forum ! Love Vizag, especially Haritha beach resort and the stunning views from there.

Unfortunately we IT people cannot become a doctor by passion, at least legally
Thank you, buddy. Yes, indeed Haritha at Rushikonda was an icon. It is currently undergoing renovated and we have many such resorts which are way better.
Lol, my first cousin in the US finished his Engineering and master's and switched to medicine and completed his post-graduation in emergency medicine and currently works as an emergency physician . So education is always open buddy, we can switch professions anytime according to our needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Welcome to forum.
I love Vizag. I was a resident there from 2006 to 2012. I call it as Coimbatore with a beach. Good old memories. I own and currently drive a Punto. Very nice car. How do you feel Kiger over your Punto?
Thank you, buddy. Yes, punto was the best car I have ridden, it is one powerful hatch that I would love to ride again. unfortunately, I have had to sell it due to the limited availability of spares and service. Kiger is good, a fun machine to drive, but I can't compare it with punto as the latter is leagues ahead of any current generation hatches (except for Polo GT). I still need to devote more time to this one as I just started the mileage on it.
I would like to update once I clock enough miles on this.
Thank you.
envira is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 23:44   #11
BHPian

Welcome aboard envira. I think I know you from all your work in Web Development and Themeing on the MyBB Software. Good to know that you are a fellow car enthusiast as well. I am also the owner of a 2021 Renault Kiger RXZ DT (Energy).
Old 11th February 2023, 19:08   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismaya View Post
Welcome aboard envira. I think I know you from all your work in Web Development and Themeing on the MyBB Software. Good to know that you are a fellow car enthusiast as well. I am also the owner of a 2021 Renault Kiger RXZ DT (Energy).
Hello Bismaya, good to know that you own a Kiger too buddy. Yes I am the same guy who used to create themes for MyBB and good glad that you have recognized me. Now I am not much into theming as I have become a full time Anaesthetist/ Intensivist. And happy miles ahead buddy.
envira is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks