Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2007, 23:32   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V TACH View Post
Increcdibly low i must say. Do you have trouble getting into and out of your drive way with that low a ride? You must be having to choose what roads you drive on? I dont know how roads in Kansas City are but up here they're pretty bad.
Old 11th July 2007, 00:34   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
Increcdibly low i must say. Do you have trouble getting into and out of your drive way with that low a ride? You must be having to choose what roads you drive on? I dont know how roads in Kansas City are but up here they're pretty bad.
The clearance on the 550 is ample since the nose is short. The Diablo has a front lift mechanism which helps it over speed bumps, etc. When possible, I do try and avoid construction zones, etc.
Old 11th July 2007, 00:37   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallardo View Post
welcome to Tbhp,vivek! which car are you buying next?!
I think I'm going to sit tight for a while. The Rover's warranty is up in 2009, so I may consider replacing it then. Given recent gas prices, a Civic Si is sounding better and better though!
Old 11th July 2007, 02:51   #34
BHPian

You own a 550 spyder!!! Man thats a superb piece of machinery. Awsome acquisition sir.
Old 11th July 2007, 11:10   #35
BHPian

Impeccable Taste !! Two thumbs up!
Old 11th July 2007, 11:36   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I couldn't agree with you more! I drove quite a few Gallardos ('04s and '05s) before deciding to go with the Diablo. The Gallardo's have better build quality and are definitely a lot more reliable but they don't have the full on exotic feel (feel a bit more like German muscle). The '06 and newer Gallardo's have more power, better clutches, exhaust, etc, but they are depreciating quite quickly over here so operating cost becomes a factor. Due to their limited supply, the Diablo's have actually gone up in value in the past 2 years! Don't get me wrong, the Gallardo is an excellent car and will make a better daily driver any day, but I was looking for more of a weekend driver.
Totally agree.

Howcome there were so many vipers in your youtube video?? Was that the hot car in Kansas back in 1996 when all your friends made it big? or does someone work at the dealership

Honestly, i have been staring at the pics slm took of the car for the last half hour... just so ridiculous, absolutely love it.

Heres a nice pic i have of the GTR > (howcome it doesnt have cross drilled rotors?? strange!)
New Lamborghini Diablo just delivered...-diablogtr2cp2.jpg

Looking forward to some videos with good sound!!

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th August 2010 at 14:01.
Old 11th July 2007, 15:36   #37
BHPian

Awesome cars !!!
Welcome to Team-BHP and enjoy the stay !!!
Old 11th July 2007, 15:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

VTACH awesome pictures of the Diablo. I see that yours dont have pop up lights. Is it the 6.0 model?
Old 11th July 2007, 21:56   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
VTACH awesome pictures of the Diablo. I see that yours dont have pop up lights. Is it the 6.0 model?
I think that after 1996 no diablos (or any cars?) had pop up lights due to (pedestrian) safety standards.
VTach's is a 1998.

cya
R
Old 11th July 2007, 22:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I think that after 1996 no diablos (or any cars?) had pop up lights due to (pedestrian) safety standards.
VTach's is a 1998.
Rehaan, I heard this was done to lose weight as the pop ups were heavy. Notice the Vette kept their popups until the C6 and were also sold in EU. BTW Diablo used headlights from the 300ZX.
Old 11th July 2007, 22:12   #41
Team-BHP Support

Mpower,

Thats what i had initially thought >
My original reasoning (similar to what you said above)

But then later in that thread Kinetic brought this up about NHTSA and FMVSS regulations > Later in the thread

cya
R

ps - I dont know much about corvettes (and dont really want to ) but i assume the one before the C6 was the C5 ? and that was introduced in 1995.... maybe thats why they didnt have to change the pop-ups until the C6 was introduced (without pop-ups) ?

EDIT 2 - I guess the correct way to phrase it is that it got more complicated and expensive to put pop ups on cars after the stricter regulations. Heres a link that mentions the C5 > Wiki - Pop-Ups

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th July 2007 at 22:22.
Old 11th July 2007, 22:29   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
BTW Diablo used headlights from the 300ZX.
I was just gonna say that. was 99.99% sure but then i thought maybe i was wrong but I WASNT
Old 12th July 2007, 19:33   #43

Man you guys really know your cars! Here's my input on a few things: The Diablo went to the fixed headlights in '99. My car is a '98 fitted with a GT conversion thereby giving it the fixed headlights. Many manufacturers switched to fixed headlights (Ferrari 512M, C6 Corvette, etc.) predominately for styling reasons. I think the pop-up headlights are neat but they appear dated by today's standards (predominately a 80s, 90s thing). Lotus ('04 Esprit), Corvette (C5), and Ferrari (456) were some of the last cars to continue producing sports cars with the pop-up headlights. I don't think it's fair to say that pop-up headlights are unsafe, because generally the cars that have them tend to be sports cars (driven more aggressively). Now if people started having less accidents with a '99 Diablo when compared to a '98 Diablo, I would believe it--but I don't think that is true! BTW, the Diablo's do use headlights from the 300ZX--there's actually a little piece of carbon fiber trim on the top of all Diablo headlights that covers up the Nissan Motor Co insignia on the lights! It's also much cheaper to buy replacement headlights from Nissan as opposed to Lamborghini.
Old 13th July 2007, 02:18   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Man you guys really know your cars! Here's my input on a few things: The Diablo went to the fixed headlights in '99. My car is a '98 fitted with a GT conversion thereby giving it the fixed headlights. Many manufacturers switched to fixed headlights (Ferrari 512M, C6 Corvette, etc.) predominately for styling reasons. I think the pop-up headlights are neat but they appear dated by today's standards (predominately a 80s, 90s thing). Lotus ('04 Esprit), Corvette (C5), and Ferrari (456) were some of the last cars to continue producing sports cars with the pop-up headlights. I don't think it's fair to say that pop-up headlights are unsafe, because generally the cars that have them tend to be sports cars (driven more aggressively). Now if people started having less accidents with a '99 Diablo when compared to a '98 Diablo, I would believe it--but I don't think that is true! BTW, the Diablo's do use headlights from the 300ZX--there's actually a little piece of carbon fiber trim on the top of all Diablo headlights that covers up the Nissan Motor Co insignia on the lights! It's also much cheaper to buy replacement headlights from Nissan as opposed to Lamborghini.

Pop up headlights went mostly to accomodate safety regulations. Moreover those popped out eyes made cars look awkward with the headlights up.
Old 13th July 2007, 10:49   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here's my input on a few things: The Diablo went to the fixed headlights in '99.
Weird! I dont know why i thought they switched over in 96... Either i read this wrong years back or my memory is playing tricks on me... I remember looking this up years ago to figure out the MY of the diablo in bombay!

Quote:
I don't think it's fair to say that pop-up headlights are unsafe, because generally the cars that have them tend to be sports cars (driven more aggressively). Now if people started having less accidents with a '99 Diablo when compared to a '98 Diablo, I would believe it--but I don't think that is true!
I think you have misunderstood, (ie if i haven't misunderstood this!) it has nothing to do with the number of accidents, but instead - pedestrian safety in specific.

For example -
If a person was to get hit by a `00 diablo, they would break their ankles, and then gracefully roll up the hood and over the cabin, only to be sucked down securely by the vaccum created by the air intakes of the monstrous V12.

But, if a person was to get hit by a `95 diablo, they would first break their ankles, and then break their kneecaps on the protruding pop-up headlights, and then painfully roll up the hood and over the cabin, only to be sucked down by the vaccum whilst screaming in pain because they broke their kneecaps on those darn headlights.

Pedestrian safety...hmmm.. though when it comes to diablos i guess it's similar to making bullets out of softer metal.

I absolutely love pop-ups. I would bust my knee for them.
cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th July 2007 at 11:01.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks