Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2007, 00:29   #1

Hello all Old Indian car fans

Hello board members.

I am mainly a collector of 87th scale model cars but have always had a faiblesse for Indian cars - Standards, Sipanis, Tatas, Premiers and so on.

It is really hard to find pics of some of the old Indian machinery, so I thought this would be a good place.

I also build a lot of 87 scale models, I already made a Maruti Gypsy but I also want to build a full-size Tata truck and a Tempo Matador.

Myself - I am from Sweden, but I bartend in New York. I am 29 and own one 1987 Peugeot 505 Turbo S, but it's parked 2,000 miles wesst of here. So I guess that I am sort of carless.

Anyhow - can anyone here help me in acquiring pictures of the seventies/eighties Tempo Matador?

cheers

Håkan
Old 12th July 2007, 01:12   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hi Skunk,

Bartending in New York! That sounds like a fun job.... (though the last time i was there at a bar i think the bartender charged my card twice (two of the same LARGE amount showed up on my bank statement)...but i was too drunk to remember if i bought one round of drinks or two

Karlosdeville is the guy you want to ask for pics of old cars, once i mentioned the words "picture" and "car" in the same post and this was his reply >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosdeville
heres what i have off hand...will take some dedicated ones of my Fiats once theyre back from paint...3-4 days methinks.

This is fellow member Stanhers gazel

heres a coupla heralds, mk1 and mk2. The b&w image is my pop with his pops 62 Herald.

Plus heres my Standard 10

Youll have a dukkar by tomorrow...let me know which of the others doesnt fit the bill, Ill track down some more.
cya
R

ps - Do post some pics of these scale models you make. Also, a FULLSCALE tata truck?? where will you keep it?

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th July 2007 at 01:16.
Old 12th July 2007, 01:17   #3
Team-BHP Support

Also, here is a MUST WATCH video -

cya
R
Old 12th July 2007, 14:31   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Howdy

Great to see more and more people appreceating old Indian cars...Welcome. Im especially drawn to your pic of the Lincoln Indianapolis.

If you spend some time in the Supercars, imports and classics section you should find most of them covered. As for the Tempo Matador, theyre still very much around and in use, ive been meaning to snap some of the older ones...I now have a little more incentive.

Do share some pics of your collection.

Cheers
Karl

PS. Rehaan, thanks for saving me the trouble!

Last edited by karlosdeville : 12th July 2007 at 14:33.
Old 13th July 2007, 22:00   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi Skunk,

Bartending in New York! That sounds like a fun job.... (though the last time i was there at a bar i think the bartender charged my card twice (two of the same LARGE amount showed up on my bank statement)...but i was too drunk to remember if i bought one round of drinks or two

Karlosdeville is the guy you want to ask for pics of old cars, once i mentioned the words "picture" and "car" in the same post and this was his reply >

R

ps - Do post some pics of these scale models you make. Also, a FULLSCALE tata truck?? where will you keep it?
Not fullscale, full-size! One of the heavy duty ones, more specifically an LPS 3516 TC 4x2.

Bartending is fun, and in NY one gets to meet people from all over the world as well... I dont overcharge, I just overpour

I have already discovered Karlosdeville's wealth of knowledge (and illuminating pictures), that's kind of why I am here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Howdy

Great to see more and more people appreceating old Indian cars...Welcome. Im especially drawn to your pic of the Lincoln Indianapolis.

If you spend some time in the Supercars, imports and classics section you should find most of them covered. As for the Tempo Matador, theyre still very much around and in use, ive been meaning to snap some of the older ones...I now have a little more incentive.

Do share some pics of your collection.

Cheers
Karl

PS. Rehaan, thanks for saving me the trouble!
Well, I was thinking of putting up the pic of the Indianapolis in the "guess the car thread", but you were much too quick. I snapped it in a dealership in Connecticut, squeezed between a Dino 196S and a Kaiser-Darrin.

And thanks mr Fiat Wallah for all of your Fiat pics.

Sadly most of my (circa 2,000) model cars are stored in boxes, as my apartment cannot fit them all. Here are some motorcycles I built - they are all 20-25 mm in length. The Chevy Nova is about 6 cm.

Closed Thread

Most Viewed