Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2023, 10:40   #1
BHPian

Hello World!

Hello Everyone

Finally after years of reading and referring to the forum for car information and quick reads, I finally decided to join the forum

My name is Joseph Thomas. I am 41. I'm married for the past 12 years. I am from Kollam, Kerala but I've been in Bangalore since 2005. I was born and brought up in Abu Dhabi. I've been an auto enthusiast since school. I've had the opportunity to see some really lovely cars of the 80s and 90s while there.

I did my college in Nitte Mangalore. Some really good friends and cousins taught me and lent me their bikes to ride. I had ridden an 82' Bullet, a shogun, samurai and a chetak. I had an Rx 135 for a really long time and even till day, I cherish those moments on that bike. Truly insane.

After college, I learn driving in my friend's Zen. Woo-hoo, what a car. I then picked up an Indica Xeta V2. Most people would wonder the reason for my decision. But to be honest, except for the bad service centers (thank goodness for private garages), I had that car for 6 years and 60000km. Except for niggling issues, it was good car. I also moved to Bangalore in 2005. My foray into the hyundai garage started then with the fluidic Verna in 2011 followed by the Creta Gen 1 in 2015, an Eon, and a G i10 Nios as my current driver. I also had an ignis from 2017 to 2019 which I quickly gave away owing to multiple visits to the tinkering shop. I also got back to biking and have a Ktm Adv 390 which I got in 2022.

About me, at work, I am into Automations and Digital Transformation. Hobbies, I've been playing the guitar and singing for the last 36 years. Been with multiple bands and play all genres of music. I'm currently working on my home studio and trying to get into music production (would love to meet some people who are into music). I'm also into photography (all types). Recent return hobby is biking.

I also love driving to my destination. Thankfully there are some great roads now. Have a couple of biker buddies who I go along with for breakfast rides and chill out rides.

I would eventually love to get a nice SUV (thinking Tucson). Ktms are great so hopefully they get the bigger boys

My mottos in life are keeping it simple, quality over quantity, freedom of music (as quoted by Geddy Lee of Rush- Spirit of Radio) and getting there slowly but surely.

Happy to be here!
Grand Tourer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 22:18   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello World!

Hello Joseph, or should I say fellow Grand Tourer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Tourer View Post

After college, I learn driving in my friend's Zen. Woo-hoo, what a car. I then picked up an Indica Xeta V2. Most people would wonder the reason for my decision. But to be honest, except for the bad service centers (thank goodness for private garages), I had that car for 6 years and 60000km. Except for niggling issues, it was good car. I also moved to Bangalore in 2005. My foray into the hyundai garage started then with the fluidic Verna in 2011 followed by the Creta Gen 1 in 2015, an Eon, and a G i10 Nios as my current driver. I also had an ignis from 2017 to 2019 which I quickly gave away owing to multiple visits to the tinkering shop. I also got back to biking and have a Ktm Adv 390 which I got in 2022.
Tht's quite a nice history of wheels. Welcome to the forum!
GrandTourer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 22:59   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
Hello Joseph, or should I say fellow Grand Tourer!

Tht's quite a nice history of wheels. Welcome to the forum!
Thanks. Didnt know there was another Grand Tourer You can call me Joe.
Grand Tourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 10:53   #4
Team-BHP Support

Hi Joseph,

Welcome to Team-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Tourer View Post
Finally after years of reading and referring to the forum for car information and quick reads, I finally decided to join the forum
Good to finally have you on board.

Quote:
I've been an auto enthusiast since school. I've had the opportunity to see some really lovely cars of the 80s and 90s while there.
Some of the nicest cars came out in the 80s and 90s. I am sure Abu Dhabi would have had way better cars than we got to see in India.

Quote:
I had ridden an 82' Bullet, a shogun, samurai and a chetak. I had an Rx 135 for a really long time and even till day, I cherish those moments on that bike. Truly insane.
Iconic bikes - all of them. I had a Shogun myself. Loved it.

Quote:
Quite a history that! I am sure you'll be able to add a lot of valuable content to the discussions on Team-BHP with such a lot of experience.

About me, at work, I am into Automations and Digital Transformation. Hobbies, I've been playing the guitar and singing for the last 36 years. Been with multiple bands and play all genres of music. I'm currently working on my home studio and trying to get into music production (would love to meet some people who are into music). I'm also into photography (all types). Recent return hobby is biking.

We have threads on most of the topics you have mentioned here. Do participate in them.

Quote:
I would eventually love to get a nice SUV (thinking Tucson).
Nice one. One of the most sensible choices today.

Quote:
My mottos in life are keeping it simple, quality over quantity, freedom of music (as quoted by Geddy Lee of Rush- Spirit of Radio) and getting there slowly but surely.
Great thinking. Beauty lies in simplicity.

See you on the forum.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks