Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2023, 13:30   #1
BHPian

Howdy!

Hello Team BHP.

A very warm Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening to everybody here, depending on when you view my boring post .

First and foremost, I would like to thank the moderators for letting me become a member of this esteemed forum. It seems so surreal that I am finally a part of one of the most respected automotive communities in India. I have been following T-BHP for over a decade, yet true to my username, took so long to gather the courage to finally take the plunge.

About me, I am Govardhana Kishore (yeah, my name's quite a mouthful) and I hail from a bustling little town called Kovilpatti in southern Tamil Nadu,famous for its Peanut Candy. My family stays at Salem,TN as mom works there. I am currently pursuing my undergraduate medical education in Pondicherry. Other than my almost obsessive interest in cars, I am also an avid reader and can't go through a day without a novel, usually crime thrillers and do a fair bit of gaming, mostly racing games, just to satiate my thirst for cars.

As for the vehicles, I don't own any yet but use vehicles from my family garage, which consists of

A 2010 MS Swift Vxi :
The only car in the garage now. It is one of the relatively rare K12 equipped First gen Swifts around. Got it in December 2010 and still feels great to drive after 12.5 years and 1.2 lac KMs under its belt.

A 2017 Honda Shine SP :
Got it during the abrupt BS-3 to BS-4 shift in the end of March 2017, courtesy of the very generous offers from Honda aimed at clearance of BS-3 Stock. Did not see much of use until 2021, when it became my daily ride at Pondy. After 9.5K KMs, few minor niggles aside, decent performance and good FE means I am more than happy with the bike.

A 2020 TVS Jupiter :
My initial daily, exchanged it with my dad in Sept 2021 for the Shine SP. I did not use it much, courtesy of COVID. It is currently performing daily duties back at home. Has great driving dynamics.

A 2004 TVS Scooty Pep :
Was the only 2 wheeler in the family for long and was still the go-to when the Shine came in, now sharing its duties with the Jupiter. It is perfect for short city runabouts but If I gotta go more than 3 kms, I will take the Jupiter, thank you very much.

We also had a Pre-worshipped '94 M800 for around 7 years (2003-10) which fell out of favour due to constant issues cropping up. stayed in the extended family till 2015-16 until it was sold off.

About the cars I want to own (money no object), the list is so big that I am afraid I wouldn't be able to name them all, but a few are
  • Mercedes G63 AMG
  • Toyota LC 300
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  • Chevrolet El Camino
  • A '67 Shelby GT 350
I am looking forward to years of learning, sharing and enjoying all about automobiles and making some very great memories.

Thank You !

Last edited by Eddy : 1st June 2023 at 13:32. Reason: Removed formatting tags
Dr.Procastinate is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 13:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Howdy!

Hi Govardhana,

Welcome to Team-BHP!

That sounds like a perfect garage to me. A G63 or LC 300 for cross-country drives, a GT3 RS for the occasional track day and an El Camino or GT 350 to cruise around town in style.

Cheers!
TusharK
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 19:28   #3
BHPian

Re: Howdy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Hi Govardhana,

Welcome to Team-BHP!

That sounds like a perfect garage to me. A G63 or LC 300 for cross-country drives, a GT3 RS for the occasional track day and an El Camino or GT 350 to cruise around town in style.

Cheers!
TusharK
Hey,

Happy to hear that you found my dream garage wholesome
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks