Team-BHP - The new BHP-ian stands up!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   The new BHP-ian stands up! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/26905-new-bhp-ian-stands-up.html)

Hi, I am Rohit, living in BLR

I have been browsing here for about last one year. (mostly entering Indian Car Scene, Street Experience and love Travelogues)

I have to say, while I didnt really gain any new technical knowledge here (apart from comments made by SuperAdmin and a very few others), this is a good place to hang out where I can know more about what is going on on Indian roads in general.

So, today being a holiday, I have decided to officially join the board.
I am not an expert, but I can say with confidence that I have decent experience with automobiles.

----------------------------------------------

History of cars in my life time -

Toyota MARK 2 , V6 RWD
Back in 1991 this car was ahead of its time (possibly even today!)
Frameless windows, digital tach, automatic transmission with sports mode, auto-control and folding sideview mirrors, automatic headlights ON feature. There is more but I dont remember.

Dashboard and door panels had soft feel to it - No hard plastic interiors.
Oh, and the front seats would move back and front with a touch of a button! (something found in more expensive cars of today)

I could care less for these features, since the most impressive among everything was the engine and chassis + bad azz torque!

City Fuel consumption is not so great for ovbious reasons.

Cars like these are sold reconditioned from Japan, and are sold for less than half the price of what Indians pay for high-end Front wheel drive Skoda or Hyundai. Too Bad :p

I have seen 1 or 2 in Bangalore, but they were all 4 Cyl.

Honda Integra

Another car I had played with for some time was a legendry Honda Integra (1990 model) 4 cylinder 1.8L DOHC

It even had true 4-wheel independent suspenion! (see diagram)
4 wheel disk brakes - Great handling and low slung design.
YES!! Back in 1990 !!

Since this car had over 100,000 km on it, required more maintenance, this is where I was able to learn about cars.
I have replaced shocks/springs, balljoints etc, upper/lower arms, A/C etc, master cylinder, CV Joint, brake capilers and much more - ALL by myself . Even performed valve adjustment with special tool.

Mine being an Automatic felt heavier and slower. The Manual was much more fun to drive.
Overall an OK coupe. Again, it was one of the best cars back in its early days.

Nisan X-Trail

Last car to have experienced in was X-Trail (see my video thread here)

Great car, more solid compared to pre 2007 CRV (dont know about new CRV)
Definately better offroad capability than CRV or Tuscan etc. Just remember - these cars are mild SUVs. Also, I dont truly believe that Scorpio or Safaris are true SUVs. They are simply UVs, with no S, designed for overpopulated families. ;) Nothing sporty about that. (Vehicle that tall just dont go on steep 40° hills)
A jungle safari in a land-rover will prove my point.

The car in picture is a BIG 4 cylinder petrol. It does not feel underpowered and feels just as good as a V6.
The best part about X-trail is the interior design with lots of pockets here and there.
Driver get all around visibility that even small cars dont have!
Overall a fun SUV which is easy and stressfree to drive!

Fuel mileage is OK. In India fuel mileage is not OK because of your driving conditions, excessive braking every 15 sec, etc.

I love how it comes with a standard factory wireless key, in which the car dont sound "shuishui", when you unlock/lock the car. Just the blinkers blink for once, and that is sufficient. I dont need to tell the world with cheap "shuishui" sound that I am getting in my car!

A bachelor in Bangalore, I am driving a SWIFT,
Overall a decent car. I will talk about issues with Swift later.
Probably a short review......as I have already dealt with Maruti management lol:

Prior to all the cars above, I have experienced Gypsy and SUMO also for few years. I learned driving in a Gypsy.

I will try to be active here - Thanks

Welcome aboard eflanker!

That was indeed a power packed intro.
Quote:

Last car to have experienced in was X-Trail (see my video thread here)
Where where? I think you forgot to put in the link?

cya around,
R

Welcome eflanker. nice intro with nice pics.

By any chance are the alloys on your swift from the honda city Vtec 14".

enjoy.

nice intro any ways welcome abord and do make it to the meets.

Nice taste in cars with the Mark 2 and the Integra....superb machines. I remember seeing the Mark 2 when they were freshly imported, and being completely besotted by the look. Conservative yet modern for the time.

Welcome to Team-BHP! Please do read the board rules to familiarise yourself with our forum protocol.

Ooohhhh I still remember how I absolutely loved the Mark II when it had just come out! Was a beauty for its time!

Nice intro there Rohit, welcome to the forum!

P.S. Yeah Vid, they are the NHC alloys!