Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2007, 09:46   #1

New Guy to BHP old Guy to cars

I have been playing with cars for all of my adult life. I live in Southern California where the car culture is everyday life. I have seen cars on the street that are even a surprise in California. A few years ago I was on one of the main roads near home and passed a Ferrari F-40 the car was brand new at the time so it was a few years ago .I remember that at that time there only five of these cars imported into the U.S. It was such a shock that I almost drove off the road.
Old 30th July 2007, 10:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well you drove off theroad after seeing the car or you also "heard" it! Welcome anyways!
Old 30th July 2007, 12:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum! About the F40 yes they are a treat both visually & aurally! And later there were lots more than 5 imported, that I can assure you about.
Old 30th July 2007, 13:11   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard tfwecas. Yup, Southern Cal sure has some machines especially around Beverly and Orange County. One thing that surprised me was how small and basic the Lamborghini showroom was....atleast a couple of years back.
Old 31st July 2007, 02:27   #5

I am a little fuzzy on how to post a new message. This is the first time I have ever messed around with any internet message boards. Bear with me till I get accustomed to your way of doing things.
I worked in Hollywood on Sunset Blvd. for about eight years, and was about two miles from Hollywood Ferrari/ Bentley.
Old 31st July 2007, 02:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard.

Just out of curiosity, this being your first time on an internet message board, what led you to us?
Old 31st July 2007, 05:44   #7

What brought me to BHP.

I was trying to get some Info. on the new to the U.S. market Mahindra pickup. the possibility of a 180hp. turbo-diesel, with 300 ft-lb of torque, and offered for a good price is something to look forward to. I am curious to know how these vehicles are going to be marketed. Are they going to be sold threw the Mahindra tractor dealerships? That would be a poor decision because the farming community is familiar with Mahindra tractors most of the U.S. is not.
Old 31st July 2007, 11:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

Even we don't really have much info about that tfwecas, what we know is that they are supposed to be launched soon. But IMO setting up an independent network of dealers/service stations to sell just one vehicle (for the time being) might not be that easy & the costs involved could be a huge deterrent.

Maybe they'll piggyback on the tractor network for the time being & then once the numbers are in place move onto an independent network.
Old 7th August 2007, 08:25   #9

I didn't forget to write, just had some crummy old work day chores to attend to. I remember when I was in Germany that there were some beautiful Fiats there. If I recall it was the 131 coup that had a Ferrari V-6. It was a big car the size of an Opal Commodore, Chevy Nova. Are there any big Fiats still manufactured? By the way I go by Tom no need for the whole name thing.
Old 7th August 2007, 08:40   #10

Another quick question. Did Citroen ever bring the 2cv into India?
Old 7th August 2007, 10:37   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was trying to get some Info. on the new to the U.S. market Mahindra pickup. the possibility of a 180hp. turbo-diesel, with 300 ft-lb of torque, and offered for a good price is something to look forward to.
Dont forget to put up a picture of a Mahindra on Rodeo drive.....That will be something!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks