Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2007, 14:49   #1
BHPian

Deutschland to Bangalore !

Hey guys,

I stumbled on this site while researching for a car to buy. Must admit that I did miss out not knowing about this Forum earlier.

I am from Bangalore and am thirty plus. I DON'T work in the IT, ITES sector (which is kinda weird for somebody from Bangalore!). I used to work in the power / energy sector and am presently riding the construction boom in Bangalore and India.

Am an auto enthusiast since my teens. The enthusiasm only got bigger during my stay in Germany (Deutschland !) where I had a chance to experience most cars on the famed Autobahns. Had a chance to drive everything from Nissan's, Audi's, Merc (only the A class), Opel's to the Renault's there. All rented..mind you ! Was a student, so couldn't afford a car. The German drivers license itself cost me a bomb. Had to surrender my Indian D.L for that...but I don't regret it one bit ! I liked the Audi the best...although the Alfa Romeo should rank as my favourite car (never had a chance to drive it ). Did a top speed of about 210 kmph once on the autobahn with a diesel Nissan....so much for blowing my own trumpet.

Survived three years in Deutschland before returning back to Bangalore. Have been here for the last 5 years now. So that explains the Title.

My interests are Music, Beer, Formula 1 and cars...not necessarily in that order !

My present ride is a Palio 1.6 Sport (a poor man's Alfa Romeo). Used to own a Maruti 800, Hyundai Accent and a Scorpio prior to the Palio. I was glad to find a lot of Palio admirers here.

Am already looking for a change of car (got promoted in my job...company pays !). Am deciding between a Civic M/T, Skoda Octy 1.9 Rider- Classic (limited edition of Rider with Alloys, ABS and Spoiler) and a Cedia. Might settle for the Civic. Would have loved to buy the Octy RS but have stretched my budget already.

Guess that's good enough for an intro'. Have found this Forum to be extremely mature and knowledgeable. So I am gonna hang around here as much as possible !

Cheers !
Kontoo

Last edited by normally_crazy : 9th August 2007 at 21:49.
Old 9th August 2007, 15:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontoo View Post
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
My interests are Music, Beer, Formula 1 and cars...not necessarily in that order !

Kontoo, you have all the qualities required to be a Team-BHPian. Welcome aboard. Read the announcements section too.
cheers
Old 9th August 2007, 15:26   #3
Team-BHP Support

Kontoo, welcome to the forum.

Your query regarding what car to buy should find itself in the "What Car?" section. Do post it there. Meanwhile, search around, and you would find a whole lot of info to help you out.
Old 9th August 2007, 15:27   #4
BHPian

Welcome to team-bhp kontooo. Well Beer that caught my Attention..Welcome aboard !!
Old 9th August 2007, 15:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

Kontoo welcome to TBHP.
Old 9th August 2007, 16:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Kontoo! You stayed in Germany & you like Beer, figures I guess
Old 9th August 2007, 21:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

"My interests are Music, Beer, Formula 1 and cars...not necessarily in that order !"

You are at the right place! More than 12K people share the exact same interests.. Welcome aboard!

Where in Germany did you study? I've had/have a couple of friends studying in Germany. I love the Autobahn...220kmph in a Merc,and there's never been a better time in my life.

Have a good one..
Old 9th August 2007, 22:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Wow !! Someone who has first hand experience of driving on the Autobahn. Very nice. Your interests match those of all the members here. Since you are in Bangalore, do catch up with the meets there. Bangy meets are very happening.

Do go through the announcemetns before proceeding further

Enjoy the forum and Welcome
Old 9th August 2007, 22:38   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My present ride is a Palio 1.6 Sport (a poor man's Alfa Romeo).
And I own the poor man's Mini - the Swift. What a coincidence, both of us being poor.
Old 10th August 2007, 09:35   #10
BHPian

Hi,

Thanks esteem-lover, benbsb29, jango, DieselFan, Iraghava and Dippy for the warm welcome.
Well Nitin, Jango, with so many beer lovers around, we could start a parallel forum. lol.
Nitin, I studied in Essen (near Duesseldorf) and stayed in a place called Oberhausen. And yes, it is indeed a lovely experience to drive on the Autobahn. Also the fact that people actually follow the traffic rules to the "T" helps. I am sure you share my views having driven there yourself.

the MAg..yup, that's a good coincidence !

I am looking forward to the Bangalore meets and will watch this space for futher info.

cheers: (or Prost ! as they say in German)

Kontoo
Old 10th August 2007, 09:45   #11
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Tbhp.

Was in the North for sometime ( Bremen, Becks land for you). Loved the time keeping habit of Germans. And is the story of Helgoland true?
Old 11th August 2007, 09:26   #12
BHPian

Aahh...Becks is a nice beer too. My favorite is Bitburger. And yes, the Germans are sticklers for rules and time. They even plan their vacation a year in advance !
Frankly, I have not clue about the Helgoland story. All I know is that Helgoland is an island in north of Germany. Let me find out about this with my German colleagues.
Old 11th August 2007, 09:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

Nice introduction Kontoo

Welcome to T-Bhp.

Good Luck selling your gaadi!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks