Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2024, 19:40   #1

Hello to the BHP brethren!

I am Amyntor, a new entrant to the world of motorcycles.

My love for motorcycles began only recently when I travelled to the beautiful country of Vietnam in December 2022. I was told that it's a country that is best experienced on a two-wheeler and I promptly decided to learn to ride a motorcycle. I rented a trusty Honda XR150, managed to get moving on it soon, shifted gears into adventure mode, and rode through the famous Ha Giang loop. I continued my adventure later on a Detech Win, a Vietnamese copy of the legendary Honda Win which was based on the original Honda CD90. Overall, I travelled 4000 kilometres and visited all corners of the country thanks to those gear gliders.

After I returned to India, I decided to buy a motorcycle for myself and to keep the travel spirit going. That's when I stumbled upon TeamBHP, and I used the opinions on the forums to shortlist some options. At the same time, I test rode my friend's Honda CB350 H'ness, and its unbelievable refinement and smoothness had put an end to my search. In the nine months of my ownership of a brand new 2023 Honda CB350 (though I had it only for five months with me - more on this later), I took it for cross-country trips in India, and its odometer reading swiftly climbed to 14300 kilometres.

In the meanwhile, I continued to travel by other means as well in different parts of the world previously unknown to me. My relationship with motorcycles, however, continued with a Honda CRF300L in Tajikistan, courtesy of its Polish owner, who kindly allowed me to ride with him as a pillion on the famous Pamir Highway, and a Honda XR250 Baja that took me through the dirt roads in Sri Lanka. Sensing a pattern here? (hint: It starts with H and ends with onda)

After months of lurking, I feel I am now ready and worthy of being a contributor here on Team BHP. I'm looking forward to learning and growing as a motorcyclist and sharing my experiences travelling in different countries.

Cheers,
Amyntor

Last edited by Turbanator : 22nd January 2024 at 05:37.
amyntor is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 11:21   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello to the BHP brethren!

Hello amyntor,

Welcome to the forum!

Glad that you found the forum opinions helpful while finalising your CB350.

Must say, those are some very interesting Honda bikes in even more interesting places.

Looking forward to reading your ownership review and cross-country travels. Also wishing you many happy miles across various countries.
Omkar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 11:50   #3
Team-BHP Support

Second what Omkar said about. Look forward to seeing more posts from you on the forum, specially some travelogues maybe of past travels that allow us to at least enjoy them vicariously through your lens.

Cheers.
Old 22nd January 2024, 13:36   #4

@omkar and @axe77 Thank you for the warm welcome!

So far, I haven't documented any of my travels in detail, other than taking pictures of things I found interesting. But lately, I am questioning myself about it and wondering if I should be doing more to capture these experiences. It feels only natural as a next step in my journey.

I shall share my ownership review of my motorcycle soon and I am also planning for another trip this year covering Vietnam-Laos-Cambodia-Vietnam. I'll definitely jot down the details of it from buying and selling a motorcycle in Vietnam as a tourist to the actual journey.
amyntor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 01:45   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyntor View Post
I am Amyntor, a new entrant to the world of motorcycles.
Interesting story ! Looking forward to your Motorcycle Diaries Travelogue across all the exotic countries on this forum in future.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed